Celica Hobby
Posted By: saspence22 Aftermarket Radio questions Help! - Sep 8, 2003 7:06pm
I just purchased a set of alpeine e series tens and a 400W coustic amp. $250.00...Is that going to effect my alternator??? My Celi is an 02 Gt. Was that a good price you think??
Posted By: UFCELI Re: Aftermarket Radio questions Help! - Sep 8, 2003 7:11pm
The price looks good thumbsup As for the drain on your battery, I wouldnt worry about it to much. But, if you feel the need just buy a capacitor or a better battery thumbsup
Posted By: saspence22 Re: Aftermarket Radio questions Help! - Sep 8, 2003 7:18pm
Thanks...You dont think it will wear my alt. out quicker??
Posted By: UFCELI Re: Aftermarket Radio questions Help! - Sep 8, 2003 7:20pm
I doubt it. If you were pushin say 1000+ watts you might want to worry about it thumbsup
Posted By: Marco_L Re: Aftermarket Radio questions Help! - Sep 8, 2003 7:28pm
A capacitor doesn't increase the capacity. The cap just stores energy so it can help the battery when needed. And the cap flattenes the voltage when playing music with lots of bass. Because of very low bass the voltage will slightly alternate.
Posted By: trog2233 Re: Aftermarket Radio questions Help! - Sep 8, 2003 7:32pm
You should be fine...i've had a 550 watt amp in my 02 GT for over a year and no problems thumbsup
Posted By: Speed4TheNeed Re: Aftermarket Radio questions Help! - Sep 8, 2003 9:03pm
Originally Posted by Marco_L
A capacitor doesn't increase the capacity. The cap just stores energy so it can help the battery when needed. And the cap flattenes the voltage when playing music with lots of bass. Because of very low bass the voltage will slightly alternate.

ditto..capacitors just store energy for when its needed
Posted By: Speed4TheNeed Re: Aftermarket Radio questions Help! - Sep 8, 2003 9:03pm
i also wouldnt worry about the voltage..400 volts really isnt that much.

and ditto on the price...that sounds like an excellent deal. did you buy them brand new?
Posted By: Blue_Jaggon Re: Aftermarket Radio questions Help! - Sep 8, 2003 9:52pm
400 watts is nothing pushing like over atleast 12-1300 watch out
Posted By: saspence22 Re: Aftermarket Radio questions Help! - Sep 8, 2003 10:31pm
Almost...1 month old. In a Q logic and everything. Came with all the wiring. It sunds really nice.
© Celica Hobby