Celica Hobby
Posted By: tbone8ty VVTL-i with turbo vs. super charger - Jul 26, 2003 5:58am
Sup yall,

I was wondering about something... Since turbos (XS Engineering and independant turbo makers) and Blitz superchargers are out now and readily available, plus the new TRD supercharger that just came out... what are the effects to the engine, hows does it feel, i imagine vvtl-i boost plus a turbo boost would be insane, like double boost, i wonder what it feels like. jeez that must be good feeling. I bet it has a lot of added strain on the engine. I this a wise investment? i hear the new trd supercharger doesnt fit the celica because of the space and hood factor. I hope they come out with one made to fight the GT. maybe we'd keep up and add to some good races.

Any idea on celica's years to come? would they make it come with one..thatd be cool

What do you guys think, any opinion is welcome... check ya guys lata

celica fan,

Tyler

always dreamin of new celica parts!!

Posted By: Steven Re: VVTL-i with turbo vs. super charger - Jul 26, 2003 7:33am
  • Both, the Blitz Super-charger and the XS Engineering Turbo kit for the GTS are available.
  • Effects? It shortens the life of your engine.
  • How does it feel? I'm sure both feel totally AWESOME.
  • Wise investment? my opinion, unless you plan to sell the car after boosting it, no it is not a wise investment. But would i do it? YES.
  • Ideas on the next celica? Wait till the Internation auto show(?) in october which will be in Toyko, Japan. That is when Toyota will reveil the 2005 celica and supra.
Posted By: JAIMEJAMES Re: VVTL-i with turbo vs. super charger - Jul 26, 2003 7:50pm
Originally Posted by tbone8ty
the new TRD supercharger that just came out...

the trd supercharger is not designed for the celica. it won't fit under the hood properly.
Posted By: Rave669 Re: VVTL-i with turbo vs. super charger - Jul 26, 2003 11:12pm
It would fit if you made a custom manifold for it, or got an aftermarket hood with enough clearance. it won't fit under the stock hood, as it'll sit level with the cylinder head.

it's for the 1ZZ anyways, not made for the GTS

I'd go with Blitz, you'll need new pistons too to lower compression (I think the Blitz setup works on stock internals, tho)

Posted By: Steven Re: VVTL-i with turbo vs. super charger - Jul 27, 2003 7:23am
I'd have to go with the turbo kit. Nonetheless, both are AWESOME kits!
Posted By: Celicamatikka Re: VVTL-i with turbo vs. super charger - Jul 27, 2003 8:15am
which has more gains?
Posted By: Steven Re: VVTL-i with turbo vs. super charger - Jul 27, 2003 8:24am
XS
Posted By: Illusive Re: VVTL-i with turbo vs. super charger - Jul 28, 2003 8:35pm
there already has been a GTS with the blitz supercharger

There were 3 of them installed by Trial USA earlier this month.

all three have trial exhaust at trial headder to acompany the supercharger

one(supercharged) dynoed already 218.8 hp and 157 tq
xs dynoes around 260hp and 180 tq

there you have it.
Posted By: Steven Re: VVTL-i with turbo vs. super charger - Jul 28, 2003 8:37pm
I like your information Illusive.
© Celica Hobby