Celica Hobby
Posted By: Jtultra NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 1, 2004 3:35am
hey guys, my 3rd gear grinds when I shift sometimes. I was wondering if I should check the transimission fluid or is it actually a problem in my transmission?. If it is my transmission, can someone tell me whats wrong and how much it might be to get it fixed?

Thanks guys thumbsup
Posted By: Krayze Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 1, 2004 3:38am
sounds liek synchroes are goin bad do you have less than 60k on the car if so take it to toyota its underwarrantee
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 1, 2004 3:38am
be sure to press the clutch, it works my friend thumbsup
Posted By: YoshiVS Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 1, 2004 4:14am
Originally Posted by XplodCelica0708
be sure to press the clutch, it works my friend thumbsup

good idea never thought of that thumbsup
Posted By: celicafourotwo Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 1, 2004 8:38am
^^^^hehehe
Posted By: Jtultra Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 1, 2004 6:50pm
DUH i do, I have about 65K mi...how much would it cost to get new syncros
around 320 installed at the most, my focus had them replaced for 240 at the ford dealer.
Posted By: 5280vvti Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 1, 2004 8:29pm
Try greasing the shifter to.
Posted By: Jtultra Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 1, 2004 10:37pm
well...I just installed a new ground kit on my (custom built by me) and It kinda made my stick stiffer, it might just be me. Well if it did get stiffer than I hope this would solve me prob, but I don't know I'll have to see...

and yea grounding it is a MUST have, I can definately feel the difference in the wheel and in the gas thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: Double_Ohh_GTS Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 2, 2004 12:47am
dude take it to toyota your still okay under the drive train warrenty i just go my whole tranny basically rebuild every gear except first and the the syncros and stuff like that, take it to them and let them test drive it, and if they grind it they there is a problem and they should take care of it, they might try putting in automatic transmission fluid first. apparently it make shifting smoother on manual tranny's but take it to toyota and let them do it...at most they might charge you a diagnostic fee 60 bucks or something

good luck
Posted By: Jtultra Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 2, 2004 1:33am
hey man, I thought its just up to 60,000 miles...if not how long do I have until its too late?
Posted By: eric11183 Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 3, 2004 3:40pm
my gts was doing that in 2nd and 4th, had to replace the whole tranny
Posted By: oas Re: NEED HELP! TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! - May 3, 2004 3:44pm
mine grind to but not the way that not having the clutch all the way in.
i havent greast mine after i shiftet to short shiffter i only took the greas from the old shifter it cudd be that but now lattely its not grinding taht mutch
© Celica Hobby