Celica Hobby
Posted By: hucke150 folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 12:23am
ive seen this stuff for a long time, folia tech brake paint and while i was waiting for my girlfriends mazda 6 getting tinted i bought some. ill say that i will never paint my brakes with anything else. it fills the imperfections and leaves a smooth plasic like finish, sort of like bear brake calipers,or brembo. you brush it on with a small paint brush, it takes a little bit of time, but its worth it.

Attached picture 1869890116-caliper2.JPG
Posted By: celicaTRDgts Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 12:30am
damn that looks sweet...im thinking about doing the same thing
Posted By: Rave669 Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 12:31am
I know, I love that stuff, the results are great, it lasts a lot longer too.

only drawback is the cost, the local auto salon sells it for about $70 for a kit (enough to do all brake calipers/drums/hats & enough left for touch up work)

It's a three step system BTW, it comes with a can of brake cleaner, and the epoxy finish is in two parts, colored laquer and hardener, which must be mixed prior to application. it also helps to let the car sit overnight for the coating to cure up and harden properly.

BTW, it's exactly the same thing that companies like Baer, brembo and SSBC use on their calipers.
Posted By: xrage4200 Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 12:57am
i use G2 caliper kit on mine and worked great. They look so nice. Comes with a brake cleaner and everything.I post some pic later. just did it yesterday
Posted By: VSGTS14 Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 2:19am
damn that's nice.
Posted By: Bakablo1 Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 2:41am
looks good thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: GTStick Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 2:43am
very nice! wave cant wait for it to get warm out so i can do mine
Posted By: hucke150 Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 3:29am
man they sell if for 70.00 that is crazy. i bought it at goodvibes(local stereo and rim store here in ohio)for 29.99. there are some places that i have to scrape the paint off (just were i accidently touched). i wanted to do the brake pad that can be seen, but i decided against it since when i do get my pads and rotors i wont mess up the paint.
Posted By: Mad_Game Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 4:11am
that looks real nice smile can you do mine for me? hehe jk
Posted By: celicakid03 Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 4:17am
how much time???
Posted By: Evan Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 6:11am
Originally Posted by xrage4200
i use G2 caliper kit on mine and worked great. They look so nice. Comes with a brake cleaner and everything.I post some pic later. just did it yesterday

G2 is some good stuff. I bought some, but haven't put it on my celi. yet because of the weather.

However, I had it on my last car and it held up perfectly. Looks good, too! thumbsup
Posted By: DiabloGTS Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 6:13am
wow, $70 versus $2 spineyes
Posted By: Evan Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 6:16am
Originally Posted by DiabloGTS
wow, $70 versus $2 spineyes

G2 is about right in between.. $35-$40 if you do a search. thumbsup
Posted By: se7enmodgt20 Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 6:27am
wow that looks good!! thumbsup
Posted By: Erick Re: folia tech brake paint - Mar 23, 2004 8:24am
try ebay i got my G2 for about $40 on there shipped thumbsup
© Celica Hobby