Celica Hobby
Posted By: Elec-FuYu Guys with Slot Cross-Drilled rotors. - Feb 28, 2004 9:26am
Hey, did you guys experience and cling cling sound like the brake is trying to cool down after braking hard?
and i mean HARD! like from 80kmh - 0kmh sudden stops for several times.

i heard this "cling cling" sound after practicing several times for power braking in my auto-GTS.

i thought that my intake or my exhaust fell off, but didnt. i checked my tires and they are nto blown... other than those are that my brakes are really hot.

after like 1min or 2 the sound just fade away...
Posted By: beans Re: Guys with Slot Cross-Drilled rotors. - Feb 28, 2004 1:36pm
Nah, I never heard any 'cling cling' sound at all, anytime

What brand do you have?

I just have cross drilled, no slots

I have power stop, I think

are you Positive it is the rotors?
Posted By: Justice Re: Guys with Slot Cross-Drilled rotors. - Feb 28, 2004 3:31pm
^^where'd you get ur's from? i was gonna getem from rotora.com
Posted By: gtstrdstyle Re: Guys with Slot Cross-Drilled rotors. - Feb 28, 2004 6:11pm
dude i had the same problem, it was that my pins in my back brake pads had fallen out and my brake pads were sitting on my rotors... if its that then get it fixed WQUICK
Posted By: Elec-FuYu Re: Guys with Slot Cross-Drilled rotors. - Feb 28, 2004 7:13pm
Originally Posted by gtstrdstyle
dude i had the same problem, it was that my pins in my back brake pads had fallen out and my brake pads were sitting on my rotors... if its that then get it fixed WQUICK
holy shit, really?
but my car doesnt make that sound nemore tho..?
Posted By: beans Re: Guys with Slot Cross-Drilled rotors. - Feb 28, 2004 11:18pm
did you upgrade the brake fluid?
Posted By: Elec-FuYu Re: Guys with Slot Cross-Drilled rotors. - Feb 29, 2004 4:11am
Originally Posted by beans
did you upgrade the brake fluid?
nope, only change the rotor (from ebay) and brake pads.
Posted By: trog2233 Re: Guys with Slot Cross-Drilled rotors. - Mar 1, 2004 12:24am
i have no problems with mine...they work good with no sound at all...i have the AEM big brakes..they are cross drilled and sloted confused
© Celica Hobby