Celica Hobby
Posted By: HiRo-CuBe Speeding Ticket =/ Cop Radars? - Feb 15, 2005 12:43am
I just got a speeding ticket for going 84 comming back from norcal on the downhill part of the moutain pass into LA, a little before Magic Mountain...I saw the cop up ahead about 1/8 of a mile ahead stopped on the side, and apparently I was going 84 then. I downshifted and slowed the car down to around 65 but he stilled pulled me. I was wondering how cop radars work, and what I should say in court... Thanks
Posted By: JettaMan Re: Speeding Ticket =/ Cop Radars? - Feb 15, 2005 12:45am
plead guilty with an explanation and tomorrow i will tell you how it goes wink
Posted By: crespo_h69 Re: Speeding Ticket =/ Cop Radars? - Feb 15, 2005 3:05am
Try saying that you were going that fast because of the slope of the road and gravity, even without accelerating you could still be going fast
Posted By: barefoott4 Re: Speeding Ticket =/ Cop Radars? - Feb 15, 2005 4:07am
Originally Posted by crespo_h69
Try saying that you were going that fast because of the slope of the road and gravity, even without accelerating you could still be going fast
It's called brakes...

I would read up on some ways to question his radar, the last time the road was surveyed for speed limits, and anything else you can find. If not, try to get out of it as clean as you can.
Posted By: crespo_h69 Re: Speeding Ticket =/ Cop Radars? - Feb 15, 2005 4:47am
Originally Posted by barefoott4
Originally Posted by crespo_h69
It's called brakes...

U could still get away with it by saying that, dont think the judge would really believe it but cops will if you just dont tick them off
© Celica Hobby