Celica Hobby
Posted By: hephaestus Red GTS emblem to silver - Oct 18, 2004 3:02am
I own a silver GTS. The back GTS emblen is in red. Some smart ass decided to put a sticker on it loosely. When I took it off it peeled a part of the red paint on the "GTS" leaving a chrome silver underneath. Should I just take the red paint off leaving the chrome "GTS" or should I spot paint the "GTS" the same red? Talk about a frivolous complaint, I know. I'm just curious.
Posted By: Rick Re: Red GTS emblem to silver - Oct 18, 2004 3:10am
You can either be unique, and keep it chrome, or you can go to ebay and get a new one
Posted By: R3DLIN3GT Re: Red GTS emblem to silver - Oct 18, 2004 3:15am
keep it chrome if it doesnt look too bad
Posted By: Erick Re: Red GTS emblem to silver - Oct 18, 2004 3:24am
new one from the dealer is like $20 eek
Posted By: hephaestus Re: Red GTS emblem to silver - Oct 18, 2004 3:30am
I would rather not get a new one before I try the whole chrome effect. I was rather surprised that under the red paint there was chrome like it should've been there to begin with. Maybe I'll go chrome and also get a new one, just in case. I need to take pics, I know. Soon enough.
Posted By: Zero Re: Red GTS emblem to silver - Oct 18, 2004 3:47am
red looks gay on the GTS badge. especially the fact that it does not match with (IMO) CB, SP, Silver, Thundercloud Metallic Grey, Zephyr Blue.

it matches with black, white, and yellow assuming you are using red as a highlight to the car colors. spineyes grin
Posted By: SmutasticGT Re: Red GTS emblem to silver - Oct 18, 2004 3:51am
Originally Posted by hephaestus
I would rather not get a new one before I try the whole chrome effect. I was rather surprised that under the red paint there was chrome like it should've been there to begin with. Maybe I'll go chrome and also get a new one, just in case.

^^^ thats what I would do
© Celica Hobby