Celica Hobby
Posted By: oas rev. gear hitting hand break solution for me - May 10, 2004 2:43pm
hi
i noticed some one had a trd short shiffter that was hitting the hand brake. and teh last week mine has done that to but i have twm, then i was trying to set it in reverse yesterday and the hole rigth sside of the gear box was forced up and the 2 screws on the rigth side wsa gone luckly i cudd drive in 1,2,3,4,5,6 only not reverse so i made it home and fixed it. in my case i had forgotten the washers when i innstaled the short shifter and the screws had gone througth the holes becuase of all the bending to the left when i set it in reverse.

mybe your screws are a little lose and thats way you are hitting your hand brake
I still don't understand how the SS hit's the handbrake. Maybe I need to sit in a Celica with a SS.. confused It just seems that the handbrake wouldnt get int the way because it's clear on the other side
Posted By: slidr Re: rev. gear hitting hand break solution for me - May 11, 2004 12:25am
A short shifter angles the shifts towards the driver and the left side of the gear box.
On a GTS it's to the left and down from first.

R246 I believe.
Posted By: oas Re: rev. gear hitting hand break solution for me - May 11, 2004 2:54pm
Originally Posted by BReakinDrifTs
I still don't understand how the SS hit's the handbrake. Maybe I need to sit in a Celica with a SS.. confused It just seems that the handbrake wouldnt get int the way because it's clear on the other side
imagen your gear box screws on the rigth side has falled of then the hole gear box will lean to the left and the revers will be moved some mm to the left and becuase of that hitting the hand brake (in my situation)
I posted a pic of this, on the 2000 GTS the shifter is more to the left
Originally Posted by robare99
On a GTS it's to the left and down from first.

R246 I believe.

talking about 7th gen ? if so its the other way

R 1 3 5
2 4 6
Posted By: oas Re: rev. gear hitting hand break solution for me - May 11, 2004 5:23pm
wtf
mine are like this
R 135
and wath you mean about gts are like that when did they start making the revers down?
© Celica Hobby