Celica Hobby
Posted By: 2K4Celica How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 4, 2004 9:52pm
Owned this car all of 18 hours when some big clump of shit came flyin' outta nowhere from 3 lanes over and landed in the center of the front of my hood! R4R!

Someone said it'd cost $250 to repair and repaint it, and then I heard a whole new damn hood is about the same price.

Anyone know for sure what a new hood runs? The dent the object caused is very small, of which there are four in a row close to each other, and only one of those even broke the clear coat. However, it's right on the leading edge so it's no like I can beat it out from behind... argh!
Posted By: CeLlYgT04 Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 4, 2004 10:00pm
Get a Carbon Fiber hood thumbsup
Posted By: Krayze Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 4, 2004 10:42pm
yeah a new hood is about 250 or so but that needs painted too remeber that

250 is about right thas what mine cost to repaint and repair.

but i had mine doen form insurance. (door fell on my car )
Posted By: 2K4Celica Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 4, 2004 11:16pm
All I can say is...

grr.
Posted By: Mad_Game Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 4, 2004 11:45pm
ViS Invader Hood! group buy forums
Posted By: VSGTS14 Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 5, 2004 1:29am
either get an aftermarket hood or just get it fixed...

shouldn't be much at all man.

not 250.
Posted By: gtscelica05 Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 5, 2004 4:08am
Originally Posted by CeLlYgT04
Get a Carbon Fiber hood thumbsup

exactly
Posted By: xmangt1 Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 5, 2004 7:21am
Dammmnnn!!!
Posted By: marajade Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 5, 2004 7:29am
The damage sounds minimal - even though it sux on a brand new car cry

I would get it fixed... it can be done without any trace and much cheaper than bying a new hood...
Posted By: Evan Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 5, 2004 3:06pm
eek I can't believe the irony here. Almost the exact same thing happened to me about 2-3 weeks after getting my '03 celica brand new, last year. A rock flew up, bounced off the hood and then deflected off my windshield. No damage to the glass, but the hood still has a very small dent/scuff mark that I have yet to fix.

If you can find one of those dent repair places in your area, they usually aren't that expensive ($75-$150, depending on the extent of the damage).
Posted By: GTSHYPR Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 5, 2004 4:26pm
Originally Posted by VSGTS14

not 250.

WTF????
I called Toyota last week to get a new center console(just the plastics). They told me it would cost about $300 and a hood costs less than a few little plastic parts. angry
What kind of $hit is that?
Posted By: VSGTS14 Re: How to fix my brand new 04's hood? - Apr 6, 2004 2:04am
Originally Posted by GTSHYPR
Originally Posted by VSGTS14

not 250.

WTF????
I called Toyota last week to get a new center console(just the plastics). They told me it would cost about $300 and a hood costs less than a few little plastic parts. angry
What kind of $hit is that?

that's a lot...no way.
© Celica Hobby