K&N Filters come pre-oiled, but when its time to clean them, youll need both the cleaner and the oil. Simply spray the cleaner on and rinse with water. Once the filter is dry, spray with the oil and reinstall. K&N Recharger Kit comes with complete instructions, 6.5oz. filter oil and 12oz. filter cleaner.
recharger kit usualy runs for about $11 at any pepboys/autozone.
Originally posted by tony:
First you need to get the cleaner and oil.
1. Take your filter out.
2. Shake it to loosen the dirt.
3. Use a soft brush and brush off as much dirt as you can.
4. Apply the cleaner and let it soak for about 10 min.
5. Hose off the cleaner (rinse)
6. Let the filter air dry.
7. apply the oil.
8. put the filter back on your car.
Very easy. The whole process takes about an hour.