Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#986 Nov 5, 3:33pm
So this $250 dollar gadget is flashy looking
under the hood, and increases mid range HP+Torque.
That is understood. When I bought my car the previous owner had a short ram intake. But the intake actually hurt the performance of the car especially up in the 6000-7800 rpm range. Maybe this guy did not have the vacum hoses hooked up correctly or something. All I want to know is Does the Ingen CAI come with instructions and if installed correctly really helps the car through the whole rpm range weather the car is warmed up or not? Thank you for you input.

Hey,

I'm JUST coming back from getting my Injen CAI installed - literally - and I LOVE it!!! It does come with instructions. The installation requires cutting (you'll see it in the picture in the directions) so your install place may want you to sign a waiver or something. They installed mine here in San Diego for $60 - 2.5 hours of work so I'm pleased with that price. I bought mine from this forum at the celica store. I got the blue one, just looks so cool under the hood, and I drive the liquid silver 2000 GT.

GREAT pick up, nice throaty sound, very sexy. I'd recommend it to anyone. Only catch is you can't be in a lot of water with it. So if it rains a lot up there and you're going through some rather deep puddles, that may be an issue. Hope that info helps!

Injen CAI; Strut Brace, Kumho Supra 712 16s; Quantem Tek S10 16s; Short Shifter; TRD Lowering Springs; Clear Corners; s2k Antenna; red overlays

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Did yours come witha splasdh gaurd? Where'd you get it installed, that's a decent price.

Bat-

I thought the Injen Intake help in the higher rpm horse power wise not mid... It was my understanding that the AEM was the one that helped in the low to mid range with hp and trq... Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I heard... confused

Let me get my TOOL
That's not a tool that's a DAMN BRICK!

Well Pheionix I didnt really know were the Injen helped out Mid or High Rpm. I read a recent post and I must have confused the AEM with the Injen.
All I know is that the two look very similar and they are designed to do the same thing. More air into the manifold. The only thing I imagine being really different is the vacum hoses? But the diameters of the two CAI tubes are similar and both have filters with a large surface area for high airflow.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey Bigroller. You asked if the Injen helps throughout the RPM range whether the car is "WARMED UP OR NOT". I don't if it helps throughout the whole rev range since I don't have one yet but make sure the car is WARMED UP before you lay on the gas (CAI or not). But if I misunderstood your question, I apologize. Phil

#992 Nov 7, 11:54am
Well the grease monkey said "with the intake installed on the car by the owner, the engine needed to be warmed up to work properly" I didnt really understand the physics with that but Im not the mechanic so I took his word as fact. I am just really paranoid about spending $250 dollars on something that might interfere with a smooth steady rise on the Tachometer. Or even worse the vvtl. The first test drive of the car with the previous owners intake I noticed interference. And asked them to put the stock air box back on.
They did that along with removing the additional gauges on the A-pillar that I kinda wanted to keep
Oh well as long as I have the car now