Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

for all of you that have GT's and who's car did not come with fogs, or if anyone can help me out with this, since i got the Action package on my 03 gts they do not come with fog lights this year. i was wondering, when i get fog lights to fit my holes on my trd bumper, what do i connect my fogs to? can i just connect them to my headlights? or would that work weird? because i dont really wanna have to bother with a switch everytime i turn on my lights. please help.

*2003 Black GT-S 6speed* TRD body kit, HID upgrade, clear corners, Matrix XRS shift knob, 02 tails, trd exhaust, AEM gen 2 CAI, TWM short shifter.

yes, you can hook it up to the headlights so that the fogs will come on every time you turn on the headlamps.

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I would do it the right way with a relay and a rocker switch on the dash

"They don't make no seatbelt for the mind. So I can't buckle up for this ride!"

but that to me, would be a pain in the butt, having to flip the switch everytime my headlights come on. i just dont want to worry about it.

*2003 Black GT-S 6speed* TRD body kit, HID upgrade, clear corners, Matrix XRS shift knob, 02 tails, trd exhaust, AEM gen 2 CAI, TWM short shifter.

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
If you want to do it that way, I would still add a fuse to keep them seperate from your headlights.

smile thats my 2 cents

hte celica comes with 2 connectos shere the foglights should go. you can hook them up right there but like they already said here, you can hook it up to a different fuse to make them work sperately from your headlights.

2002 Black Celica GT
=====================
TRD Rear Wing
Hoodscoop
Revmotion Frontlip
TYC Red Taillights
Magnaflow Exhaust
OBX Cold Air Intake
OBX Short Shifter
Indiglow Dash Overlay
Carbon Fiber Dash Insert
Matrix Lowering Springs
S2k Antenna

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
You can hook them up to anything...your headlights, parking lights...etc. Do use a relay to get the power source from your battery though but what the relay will do is make it so when you turn on your headlights or parking lights it will switch the relay and power your fog lights from your battery. Add you fuse in-line between your battery and relay...use about a 15amp maybe 20amp fuse depeding on your fog lights.

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Check it out celis w/fogs come with a relay for them for a reason if you just "hook em up" to another circuit headlights,parking lights fused or not you run the risk of overload of that circuit installing a relay and a switch is much easier than scabbin in to somthin else just to make it work not only that youll have full control of your fogs headlites on or not witch is a plus over factory equipped fogs.

"They don't make no seatbelt for the mind. So I can't buckle up for this ride!"