Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 296
celicaguy
Member
celicaguy Feb 4, 3:59pm - #96775 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 296
maryland
Lowering the celi

Ok guys I kind of have a problem lowering my celi.I have 18s with 40 series tires.I have a full U.S. spec blitz kit with the urethane front.I want to lower it but i have problems with scraping already on stock suspension.I am in the process of checking out air ride b/c that would lower it but i could raise it up to get over the bumps.To get into my garage i am almost touching the ground with the front end when i back in now.So the question is,Any suggestions other than air that i could use to lower my car?...any help guys would be awesome ..thanks thumbsup
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,307
RoMkApOmKa
Specialist
RoMkApOmKa Feb 4, 4:11pm - #96776 

Specialist
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,307
Maryland USA
Do you have a picture of your car?
Air suspension...Friend of mine got an Air ride on his VW .He bough it for $1800 + $1000 for installation and $600 to change the hoses. (Mother fuckers sell it with plastic cheap shit hoses)...
If you just wanna go simple get new shocks and springs.
You can get a coil overs too but coil overs are stiffer than a springs.
P.S. Of corse after installation of body kit you have to anderstand that your car it's low and has now more limitations...
P.S.I have a Sportlines and VS-1... So my car is very low, but I'm fine at the most of the times...But yes some driveways to high for me to drive over...

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 296
celicaguy
Member
celicaguy Feb 4, 4:13pm - #96777 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 296
maryland
Well i have scrape marks under my front bumper from the roads and im on stock suspension.And I have to go up an alley to get into my garage.I am seriously only like an inch from touching the ground when i back into my garage.The only solution i have come up with is air ride because i do not plan on parking on the street with the kids around here..haha..BUt if anyone has anything other than air and maybe cheaper let me know..thanks
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 230
BakerGT
Member
BakerGT Feb 4, 4:25pm - #96778 

Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 230
North of Pittsburgh, PA
Originally Posted by celicaguy
Ok guys I kind of have a problem lowering my celi.I have 18s with 40 series tires.I have a full U.S. spec blitz kit with the urethane front.I want to lower it but i have problems with scraping already on stock suspension.I am in the process of checking out air ride b/c that would lower it but i could raise it up to get over the bumps.To get into my garage i am almost touching the ground with the front end when i back in now.So the question is,Any suggestions other than air that i could use to lower my car?...any help guys would be awesome ..thanks thumbsup


dude i have the exact same set up! sucks huh lol...i was looking in to air ride but a lot of ppl had trouble with the less expensive kits ...and i didnt want something really expensive to just end up destroying my handling...so i dont think im going to lower...if i do it will be coilovers so i can raise it back up to stock for the winter... thumbsup other than that if you need adjustable its either air or coils
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,307
RoMkApOmKa
Specialist
RoMkApOmKa Feb 4, 4:25pm - #96779 

Specialist
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,307
Maryland USA
Coilovers...Around $1000 good. Like TEIN.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 296
celicaguy
Member
celicaguy Feb 4, 4:29pm - #96780 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 296
maryland
coilovers would be nice if it wasnt for me going up an alley and backing into a garage where i almost scarpe now.During the summer i drive my car like crazy and i cant be having to rasie the coils up and down everyday.I am guessing that air is my only solution then huh?
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,863
v3n0m
Specialist
v3n0m Feb 4, 6:28pm - #96781 

Specialist
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,863
St. George, UT
You can always get 19" wheels & that'll give you a litt more ground clearence.
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,307
RoMkApOmKa
Specialist
RoMkApOmKa Feb 4, 6:56pm - #96782 

Specialist
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,307
Maryland USA
Originally Posted by celicaguy

coilovers would be nice if it wasnt for me going up an alley and backing into a garage where i almost scarpe now.During the summer i drive my car like crazy and i cant be having to rasie the coils up and down everyday.I am guessing that air is my only solution then huh?

Sure if you have $3000 to spend on it...
P.S.I can even ask my frend who install it for him and give you the phone number if you need.
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 5,346
spaztikid
dikitzaps
spaztikid Feb 4, 7:39pm - #96783 
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 5,346
LA
Originally Posted by v3n0m
You can always get 19" wheels & that'll give you a litt more ground clearence.


yeah... 19's and a TRD drop would be low, but not too low, and would get rid of wheel gap.
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,123
VSGTS14
05 WRB
VSGTS14 Feb 4, 9:54pm - #96784 

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,123
Milford, NJ
lower it with TRD springs

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 296
celicaguy
Member
celicaguy Feb 5, 2:44am - #96785 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 296
maryland
that would be sweet..did he get it installed in maryland?
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016