Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Well my celica came with a moonroof wind deflector. (dark visor thing on the roof) I figure it cuts down on wind noise and maybe helps keep rain out if you open the moonroof on hot rainy days. The downside is that it looks bad and water gets traped underneath it.

I've been thinking about taking it off for some time and was wondering if most celica's come standerd with this b/c mine is the only one I've seen with it, and are there any downsides to takeing it off? Like increased wind noise or possible a gap left in the moonroof seal? Any info on how to take it off? confused

Betty Boop!
2004 Toyota Celica GT
Betty Boop!
2004 Toyota Celica GT
Yea I've been wanting to do that too!! Because I take my car to the carwash and soap and water gets under there and I can never reach far enough in there to get it dry to it leaves spots and looks bad =(
And then I can't stick my head out the window either cause theres not enough room...
But yea I've been wondering about that too!

[Linked Image]

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Sorry you have the same problem, but glad to hear I'm not alone. I've managed to dry mine by hand, by opening the moonroof.

It's just more of a hastle than its worth. Once you get it all dry you look and some water has run out and down the side of your car. angry It's almost as bad as the mirrors.

Last edited by InfoJunky; Feb 2, 2004 10:29pm.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by InfoJunky
Well my celica came with a moonroof wind deflector. (dark visor thing on the roof) I figure it cuts down on wind noise and maybe helps keep rain out if you open the moonroof on hot rainy days. The downside is that it looks bad and water gets traped underneath it.

I've been thinking about taking it off for some time and was wondering if most celica's come standerd with this b/c mine is the only one I've seen with it, and are there any downsides to takeing it off? Like increased wind noise or possible a gap left in the moonroof seal? Any info on how to take it off? confused

This info might help with your concerns...kinda Prev Post
My car came stock with it...I take it on and off regularly...no probs except the "ring" from the rubber. As for the visor it does deflect air and reduce air noise when the moonroof is open but you loose the open feeling with the deflector on, so I usually leave it off unless I am crusing on a hot day, or cold day to help keep cabin comfortable with less wind intrusion. I like the looks of the car both ways, good way to change it up every once in while grin just keep the underside of the rubber seal on the paint extremely clean or the "ring" will be a big prob later thumbsup

[Linked Image]

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
it looks so much better with it off and there is no downsides to having it off...

I think it is just stuck on with double sided tape and you can just rip that mofo off...then get off the leftover tape with whatever is necessary. grin

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

loser magnet
2003 Toyota Celica GT
loser magnet
2003 Toyota Celica GT
mine came as an option, but i didnt get it. i think it looks better without it.

i got my pirate antenna ball back! *rock*

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Thanx everyone. thumbsup I'm glad to hear I dont have to tear it up to get it off. Since it's only an option I shouldn't have any problems with the moonroof after taking it off. I want to get it off b/f it leaves the ring that some have experianced.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by VSGTS14
...just rip that mofo off...then get off the leftover tape with whatever is necessary. grin

eek confused rofl I didnt have to rip anything off, I use a philips-head screw driver removed the screws and there were two mounting hooks (corresponding to the two screws) that are wrapped in felt that slide from undeneath the flange of the body's sheet metal. thumbsup

Thanx everyone. thumbsup I'm glad to hear I dont have to tear it up to get it off. Since it's only an option I shouldn't have any problems with the moonroof after taking it off. I want to get it off b/f it leaves the ring that some have experianced.

Chances are if you have had the deflector on for more than 2 weeks with out removing it during a car wash there will be a build up of some kind. Just besure you wax the shit out of it and it should remove ring/residue, the longer you go the more of a ring and the greater the chance it will become permanent. Good Luck!

[Linked Image]

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
Originally Posted by GreyGhost2k2
...just rip that mofo off...then get off the leftover tape with whatever is necessary. grin

eek confused rofl I didnt have to rip anything off, I use a philips-head screw driver removed the screws and there were two mounting hooks (corresponding to the two screws) that are wrapped in felt that slide from undeneath the flange of the body's sheet metal. thumbsup

Chances are if you have had the deflector on for more than 2 weeks with out removing it during a car wash there will be a build up of some kind. Just besure you wax the shit out of it and it should remove ring/residue, the longer you go the more of a ring and the greater the chance it will become permanent. Good Luck!

lol oh...i thought it was double sided tape because that's what most cars use idunnogrin spineyes

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT

lol oh...i thought it was double sided tape because that's what most cars use idunnogrin spineyes

smile I have the anti-door ding color coded side modling and they started to turn brown, so Toyota replaced them under warranty, long story short they are attached with x2-sided tape, and it literally ripped a layer of paint off... that's what the " eek " was for grin Toyota wound up painting and blending the area then re-applied the moldings at no cost to me...but I could only imagine if the deflector was attached like that...whoa

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I bought my deflector well after getting the car. It is just attached by two screws and some hooks.

I guess I should take it off and clean underneath it, it's been on there two years or so... rofl

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT

It's been on there about 4 months, But my car hasn't really gotten that dirty in that time. It's carbon blue so maybe any marks left behind won't show that much anyway. It's comeing off tommorrow regardless.