Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Does anyone know the legal issue of having a Visual Audio screen or even TV screens in the front? i dont know if it varies by state, so any of you guys in illinois or anywhere else know...please inform me on this..thank you confused

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
in FL its illegal, one of my friends got a ticket for it, but depends on the cop.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
If it's anywhere in the driver's field of vision then it's illegal. You have to position it so the driver can't see it.

[Linked Image]

So if i were to have it when it comes out turn to the passanger side that would be okay? what if there is no video or anything playing and it is just a monitor for my music and such? ( its a pioneer avxp7000cd ) idk if that matters or anything...i dunno confused i really want to put it in but i dont want to get any tickets cause of it

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
this is the way it was explained to me the other day...no moving pictures is fine to have...to have moving pictures (game, movie, etc.) there must be a passenger in the car...even then it can still depend on the cop...the cop told me it was fine because all it had on it was the station and settings for the stereo on the screen with no animation to "distract" me...the best thing to do...when you see a cop...close it...if this is gonna be a distraction at all to you while driving do not put it in...mine is for passengers only and when stuck in traffic on I-77 (Alpine knows...lol)...other than that it displays my radio station or cd name.

Perfection is 60' 6"...on the Black.

okay cool, i just wanted to make sure that if i had it i wouldn't get a ticket for just having it in there, ya kno? i just wanna put it in there for the passangers and if i'm alone have it just for my audio...!! thank you guys so much for ur help!! cheers goodjob thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup