Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
Which is better,Unorthodox Ultra SS Pulleys or AEM pulleys. Does anyone know?

2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
HOLY SHIT BALLS!!! Right when I posted this I started reading on Unorthodox Ultra SS pulleys. If anyone doesnt know about Unorthodox pulleys like I did then read this about there pulleys.

Unorthodox Racing pulley sets on average can provide gains of 8 to 15 HP and 6 to 10 lbs.-ft. on normally aspirated engines and 10 to 18 HP and 10 to 20 lbs.-ft. on forced induction engines. Higher gains can be realized on vehicles that are modified.

These gains are obtained in two ways. First, and most important, is the weight loss. There is an average of 2.7 HP gained from every pound lost off the crank shaft. With the lighter accessory pulleys, as much as 15% to 30% more power can be found. 85% of our gains are from weight loss.

The rest of the gains are from underdriving, which accounts for about 15% of the total gains. We do not push underdriving for two main reasons. Our main reason is to keep charging systems, air conditioning, power steering, and water pumps moving fast enough for every day driving. Second, not much horsepower is gained from extreme underdriving.

All of our underdriving is done with the crank pulley, not the accessory pulleys (most applications). This is done so maximum weight loss can be achieved at the crank where most of the horsepower gains are found. The accessory pulleys for most applications are stock diameter. Since our Ultra Accessory pulleys are the same diameter as the stock units, you may install an Ultra Street crank pulley as a first step. Then, at a later date, you may purchase our accessories and install them without having to change belts again (on most models).

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Got two questions for ya. Which belts do you have to replace, or do you hafta replace all of'em. And where can I order unorthodox pulleys?

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
try and set up a group buy, I'm sure many people will be intersted. Call them up and ask about the belts also, sounds like a good deal. I can't remeber the site so post the link for it. I think titanmotorsports has the whole kit, even though they just advertise the crank. You could probably get the best deal from them.

2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
This is a link where I found the Unorthodox pulleys.
http://www.i-m-racing.com/unulsspulset.html

its a whole kit with belts and all

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
do the ss pulleys address the issue with the harmonic damper? something about removing something in the pulleys is bad for the engine because of resonance...sorry, i dont really know about this specifically... confused

i got the 3 pulleys seperate, not as the kit. the belt size they recommended was like 5 mm too big which made a noise. so i just had to go to pep boys and get a slighter smaller one. dont know if the one with the kit is the right size or not. also the crank pulley doesnt have the harmonic damper like the stock. i switched from my aem pulley to those and noticed a difference. got my crank pulley from titanmotorsports.com and the alternator and water pump pulley from unorthodoxracing.com