Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#893 Jan 17, 8:27pm
1. What are my bulbs?
Your low beam bulbs are H7, your high beam bulbs are 9005, and your fog light bulbs are H3.
2. What wattage are my bulbs and why is it important?
Your low beam bulbs are 55W, your high beam bulbs are 65W, and your fog light bulbs are 55W. This is important because when you buy a new bulb for you car, you want the bulb to have the same wattage as the original that came in your car. If you choose a higher wattage than stock, you risk melting your harness/housing.
3. So why do people get higher wattage bulbs for their car?
Higher wattage bulbs are brighter and usually look a little better.
4. How do I tell what wattage my bulbs are?
These days packaging is getting super confusing concerning wattage. The only sure way of seeing how many watts the bulb is actually drawing from your car is to read it off of the metal circle part on the bulb itself. Many bulbs boast they draw only xW, but the light produced is yW.
5. What are some good brands of bulbs?
Low beams - Eurolite Fusion - 55W - www.performancecenter.com [performancecenter.com] These bulbs use the stock wattage, look great, but may be illegal. These are super cheap and perform great ($15 including shipping). PIAAs for your low beams are extremely expensive because they are not really made for the US yet. So, you have to buy them off of people specifically importing goods not meant for the US.
High beams - PIAA Extreme White Plus. PIAAs are always the highest quality bulbs, they are legal, but the only drawback is that they are the most expensive. I recommend that you do not buy hyperwhites for your high beams because you will not use them much, and as DRL, they are very yellow.
Fog lights - haven't had any experience with them... I keep mine stock because it helps me see in the rain, and yellowish fog lights make my low beams look even more white.

Info on Other Brands of lights...
I have heard that Sylvania Silverstars are great, but they do not come in an H7. APC makes an 80W H7, but you should stay away from that. The Nokya Arctic Whites are a great looking H7 bulb, but they are 70W. Again, I highly recommend Eurolite Fusions.

yea man i have had Eurolites before and they burnt out like after 4 months and now i cant find ones that fit the wiring plug...what can i do if the housing or wiring melted? and how can i tell?
confused

it doesn't matter if you win an inch or a mile, winning is winning

You can tell if they melted by looking at the wires connected to your headlamps. If they look melted or droopy or distorted, they are melted. But, if you got the 55w fusions, they shouldn't be melted... Go to the website I mentioned above and buy H7s for your car, they should fit just fine, the trick is to find which way the bulbs fit into the little black thing.

yea man i got those bulbs last week...the Eurolite Fusion Xenons?the plug ins on bulbs were a bit too wide to insert and didnt fit...are these the ones you have?...i was thinkin maybe bout the plasmasrolleyes

it doesn't matter if you win an inch or a mile, winning is winning

yeah, I have the fusions and they are just fine...