Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
for those who dont know here in cali we have a weekly meet every thursday in the valley(818) and evrything goes great everynite well at least unttil 2nite...shiet guys cops came down on us helicopters and everything thumbsdown thumbsdown and told everyone to leave this is the first time that this ever happend i have a good guess why too(ppl where doin burnouts ohboy ohboy ) man it was like that scene in F&F when the cops came, fudge i know it was bound to happend i was goin to take pictures to show you guys how big this weekly meet is but i guess now where gonna be ask to leave evrytime ppl show up in that locale this SUX!!!! angry angry i guess we have to find aanother hangout place thumbsdown

Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
Geezus christ...

I almost showed up tonight too. I woulda loved to seen the F&F scene...

Can't you just move it to the next city over?

I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by RevMonster
Geezus christ...

I almost showed up tonight too. I woulda loved to seen the F&F scene...

Can't you just move it to the next city over?
yup good thing you didnt show.. it wasnt a big deal everyone cooperated nicly(well at least to what i saw) so i dunno about others but for me imma lay low from that place 4 a while it was a great hangout place too HUUUGEE parkin lot
hopefully someone will find another place or let it kool down and come back there...i dunno well see confused

Kim
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
well that's what you get when you have big meets with egotistical, immature people that can't even control themselves ont he street. it just takes a few immature people to ruin meets for everyone. weren't there rules stating that there shoudl be no over reving, racing or burnouts?

[Linked Image]

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Kim
well that's what you get when you have big meets with egotistical, immature people that can't even control themselves ont he street. it just takes a few immature people to ruin meets for everyone. weren't there rules stating that there shoudl be no over reving, racing or burnouts?
no rules really but you would assume that its understood considering the police station is down a block like what you said "egotistical, immature people that can't even control themselves on he street" all i can say ohboy ohboy
yup thanks a lot "guys" ruin the fun for every1 thumbsdown

Kim
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
yeah people like that make me not want to go to meets, they're the people that try to outrun overyone during the caravan, hence defeating the purpose of the caravan.

[Linked Image]

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
That really sucks. frown thumbsdown

If you guys do organize something again, you should definately lay down some rules so this doesn't happen again.

Sorry to hear. frown

And I really would have liked to see some pics. frown

[Linked Image]

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Heat
That really sucks. frown thumbsdown

If you guys do organize something again, you should definately lay down some rules so this doesn't happen again.

Sorry to hear. frown

And I really would have liked to see some pics. frown
well i forgot to mention but its not really an organize meet its just a place where all "import/muscle" cars statrted hangin out anyone can just roll and chill some are in there own litle corner with there team(like us team 7th alliance wave ) and some just roll to show there cars and of course the ones that show just to "showoff" revving there engines, doin donuts, doin burnouts, inviting ppl 2 race angry these are the ppl that cuses trouble. i remeber the day when only my friends would hang out there 15-20 cars max then it became 30...40...50.. but the word spreads fast next thing i know theres 80-100 cars filling up the parkin lot so like what i said it was bound to attract the cops and it was bound to happend so now we have no place to chill and hang i should have take a pic of what happend 2nite but was to afraid coz the popos might say something if you guys really want pics i will try to stroll there next week(maybe in our family van grin ) and see if ppl still show and i will take some pictures smile

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i doubt that will be the end of it. there are a lot of people who go there and wont be deterred that easily. next week in my opinion, there will still be a lot of people there. i still plan on showing up.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
plus...there are a million other parking lots for people to go...lol thumbsup

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by ShiZZmAhH
i doubt that will be the end of it. there are a lot of people who go there and wont be deterred that easily. next week in my opinion, there will still be a lot of people there. i still plan on showing up.
sup bro gtfrom818 and i was waitin for you but i guess we missed each other. where you there b4 the cops came or after??? anyways ill try to show to take pics but iam guessin the cops will do this a weekly thursday routine kickin out ppl until everyone stops showin but who knows confused

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Good things usually come to an end that way. frown

I think you're right, its probably gonna be a while before people stop showing.

Anyway, I hope you guys find another way/place for your meets.

Good luck. wave

[Linked Image]

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
that sucks...stupid cops...kinda gay if you're just hangin out. frown

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

03 Toyota Celica
03 Toyota Celica
ya i drove by last night, shit was pretty tight. Those guys were fucking idiots in there burnouts wtf were they doing.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
if the parking lot is privately owned (which it most likely is) you can ask the owner for permission to use it at odd hours (when the shopping strip/whatever it is isn't open). they may not let you, but then again they may.

thats what a lot of bikers and some car clubs do over here..if you get the ownder permission then you can chill. (though you still can't do burnouts because that may lead to local complaints).

it's worth a try, and not very hard to do. the worst you can be told is 'no'...but you have nothing to lose. thumbsup

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd
if the parking lot is privately owned (which it most likely is) you can ask the owner for permission to use it at odd hours (when the shopping strip/whatever it is isn't open). they may not let you, but then again they may.

thats what a lot of bikers and some car clubs do over here..if you get the ownder permission then you can chill. (though you still can't do burnouts because that may lead to local complaints).

it's worth a try, and not very hard to do. the worst you can be told is 'no'...but you have nothing to lose. thumbsup
i was thinkin about that...unless it was the owners that complained and call 5-0 we'll try to talk to them anyways thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I hate living in southern illinois, i cant wait until may when i go out to so cal for a couple of weeks.

[Linked Image]

1996 Geo Prizm
1996 Geo Prizm
wow thats reeally gay thumbsdown

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by tru_Asiatik_Pride

i was thinkin about that...unless it was the owners that complained and call 5-0 we'll try to talk to them anyways thumbsup

yeah, well i hope it works out for you guys. thats just the best way to do it anyway..and KNOWING that your legal doesnt hurt thumbsup

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
maybe we should have a "celica only meet" grin

j/k!

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
I was there 2 weeks ago and it was the craziest scene I had ever been to. It was like being at a car show. I haven't been back since because I work that night and I'm hella tired right after, but we'll see what happens.

21Nemesis

1989 GMC 1500 pickup
1989 GMC 1500 pickup
Yeah people do that too by the local in-n-out around here. Cops never show up tho.

"Champions train, losers complain."

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Here is the alternative hang-out spot...
http://www.yankeedoodles.com/wh/index.html

Yankee Doodles SportsBar/NightClub - Woodland Hills
21870 Victory Blvd
Woodland Hills - 91367

Right across the street from Best Buy...

FOUR MAJORLY HUGE Parking lots with 'EASY' driveways... always empty after 6pm
And after the meets, the guys can CANYON CARVE through Molhuland or Topanga Canyon if they dare...
1869791722-screen.jpg

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by ShiZZmAhH
sup bro gtfrom818 and i was waitin for you but i guess we missed each other. where you there b4 the cops came or after??? anyways ill try to show to take pics but iam guessin the cops will do this a weekly thursday routine kickin out ppl until everyone stops showin but who knows confused

whats up man, ya i got there late, the cops were just getting done kicking out the rest of the people. i wanted to get there around 9 9:30, but my friends were taking too long so we didnt end up getting there til around 10ish or so. ya ill be there next week, hopefully we can get some pics up to show everyone how big it really is. we should check out this place isacc posted, maybe get some people to roll over there???

El Guapo
1997 Nissan 240SX
El Guapo
1997 Nissan 240SX

Well seeing as the store that the parkinglot belongs to is out of business it was probably the guys at starbucks that called. The problem is that many of the people that go to this meet were originally from the Flames meet also held on Thurs. (Flames is notorious for there contingency of 'kiddie racers')I think that the best thing that the cops could do is block the driveways, ask us to leave and check for ID as we exit the parking lot. This way anyone under 18 would instantly get a ticket and probably deter them from coming back in the future.
The people who usually cause the trouble are the young muscle car guys who bring in there Novas and Camaros. The older guys are really cool and know that if you rev or burnout the cops will come down. Also it probably didn't help that there was a guy in an IS300 there right before the meet started doing donuts around the light posts (moron!) and of course the stoopid ass kids doing there burnouts in there Mustangs that mommy and daddy bought them.
Oh yeah, bringing a hooka pipe to anything doing with cars is just asking for trouble. Especially when the cops roll right past your car.
BTW the person who brought the hooka was a chick driving an Automatic Roush Ed. Mustang.

Last edited by calidrifter; Jan 24, 2004 8:17pm.

Touge Knights - Canyon Driving Team!