Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Got me sick #88586 Jan 22, 6:00pm Jan 22, 6:00pm
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 422
Miami, Fl
1985 Silver Toyota Celica
eddie_725 OP
Senior Member
1985 Toyota Celica
eddie_725 OP
1985 Silver Toyota Celica
Senior Member
1985 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 422
Miami, Fl
Got me sick
At skool their a friend of mine that likes cars. He told me that he was gonna get a honda.I sayed that I was gonna get a celica GTS. He look at me so hard. He was like "the celica so slow" i was like "you got me sick I bet a celica would stomp a civic."

Another day I saw a celica GT with a big spoiler and body kit. I think it was a TRD celica because the kid who lived were that celica was said his aunt bought it new like that. I said to her that that was my car. She told me that her brother was gonna get that car but didnt get it because it was to slow. Yeah right her brother got a new accord coupe insted of the celica. i then told her that her bros car was ugly. She busted out with "That's because its not hook up" She said he gonna lower it put an exaust and wing imagen that. rofl puke puke


"if pimpin' is dead then I'm bring it back
mata fact it never died so I take that back" -Lil Wayne-
Re: Got me sick [Re: eddie_725] #88587 Jan 22, 6:25pm Jan 22, 6:25pm
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 82
So.Cal Riverside
TRDCelica01
Member
2001 Toyota Celica
TRDCelica01
Member
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 82
So.Cal Riverside
Hmmm well maybe you should get a celi and race him. I hate it the most when people talk shit and they dont even have a car or the car they want! Even though everyone likes Hondas they just can't admit that the Celica goes faster. Theres probably a 6 to 1 ratio that other people race out hondas rather then any other car. Probably and even bigger ratio maybe? Why not race out a car that goes fast to begin with!

Re: Got me sick [Re: eddie_725] #88588 Jan 22, 6:33pm Jan 22, 6:33pm
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 574
Missouri
2000 White Toyota Celica
kevin2
Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica
kevin2
2000 White Toyota Celica
Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 574
Missouri
A close friend of my said my GTS 6 spd had 140hp and it's really slow. The reason he said that is because his other friend had a celica gt auto wtf He also told me why I didn't get a civic or a elsipe gs, it's a lot faster wtf From that day on I just ignore him whenever he start to smash talk about car thumbsdown thumbsdown Why bother?? wtf wtf


lose graciously and win humbly
[Linked Image]
Re: Got me sick [Re: kevin2] #88589 Jan 22, 6:46pm Jan 22, 6:46pm
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 422
Miami, Fl
1985 Silver Toyota Celica
eddie_725 OP
Senior Member
1985 Toyota Celica
eddie_725 OP
1985 Silver Toyota Celica
Senior Member
1985 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 422
Miami, Fl
Your right why bother smile


"if pimpin' is dead then I'm bring it back
mata fact it never died so I take that back" -Lil Wayne-
Re: Got me sick [Re: TRDCelica01] #88590 Jan 22, 10:46pm Jan 22, 10:46pm
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 753
Southeastern, Illinois
blackcel
Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT
blackcel
Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 753
Southeastern, Illinois
Originally Posted by TRDCelica01
Hmmm well maybe you should get a celi and race him. I hate it the most when people talk shit and they dont even have a car or the car they want! Even though everyone likes Hondas they just can't admit that the Celica goes faster. Theres probably a 6 to 1 ratio that other people race out hondas rather then any other car. Probably and even bigger ratio maybe? Why not race out a car that goes fast to begin with!

And the celica looks 10 times better stock, and hooked up thumbsup


[Linked Image]
Re: Got me sick [Re: eddie_725] #88591 Jan 23, 1:22am Jan 23, 1:22am
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,578
Chicago, IL
xmangt1
4 All U Haterz!
2000 Toyota Celica GT
xmangt1
4 All U Haterz!
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,578
Chicago, IL
If anything...the Celi is a lot sexier!!!

Re: Got me sick [Re: kevin2] #88592 Jan 23, 9:32am Jan 23, 9:32am
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,672
towson, md
2003 blue Toyota Celica
ragingpaseo
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica
ragingpaseo
2003 blue Toyota Celica
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,672
towson, md
Originally Posted by kevin
A close friend of my said my GTS 6 spd had 140hp and it's really slow. The reason he said that is because his other friend had a celica gt auto wtf He also told me why I didn't get a civic or a elsipe gs, it's a lot faster wtf From that day on I just ignore him whenever he start to smash talk about car thumbsdown thumbsdown Why bother?? wtf wtf


brewhahahahahahahah... rofl

Re: Got me sick [Re: ragingpaseo] #88593 Jan 23, 3:15pm Jan 23, 3:15pm
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,371
New Orleans, LA
Speed4TheNeed
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Speed4TheNeed
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,371
New Orleans, LA
the new accord v-6 manuals will stomp a celica (stock for stock).

the celica is NOT that fast. it IS faster than most cars on the road, and its peformance IS great for 1.8L..but 180 horses is still only 180 horses. and for the price you would pay for a brand new celica gts..you should at least be getting an auto with a v-6 engine pushing at least 220 horses.

thats why you buy used...its ridiculous to have a car base at nearly $25k and only get 180 horses (and its a sports car..so you know its meager creature comforts).

no, i'm not bashing the celica. i love them and i have no complains with mine whatsoever (obviously..i went into enough debt in order to own one). my point is to just buy used and that there are other cars who could stomp a celica w/out even taking much of a breath...and some of those cars cost less.

Re: Got me sick [Re: eddie_725] #88594 Jan 23, 3:45pm Jan 23, 3:45pm
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,408
Englewood, CO
CelicaRacer05
Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica GT
CelicaRacer05
Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,408
Englewood, CO
I remember the times before i got a celica. i always reved about getting an super powerful muscle car, because i thought they were ausome, and my dad had a muscle car, as his first car too... But i got the celica, as a hand me down, when my sister upgraded (down-graded) to a camry.

Re: Got me sick [Re: xmangt1] #88595 Jan 23, 3:51pm Jan 23, 3:51pm
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 677
Chino, CA
2001 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica
CELIBORGY
Toyota ko!
2001 Toyota Celica
CELIBORGY
2001 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica
Toyota ko!
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 677
Chino, CA
Originally Posted by xmangt1
If anything...the Celi is a lot sexier!!!


Your damn right! thumbsup


ako ang HARI ng sablay...
Re: Got me sick [Re: Speed4TheNeed] #88596 Jan 23, 4:42pm Jan 23, 4:42pm
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 170
Michigan
chameleon
Member
2000 Toyota Celica
chameleon
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 170
Michigan
Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd
the new accord v-6 manuals will stomp a celica (stock for stock).

the celica is NOT that fast. it IS faster than most cars on the road, and its peformance IS great for 1.8L..but 180 horses is still only 180 horses. and for the price you would pay for a brand new celica gts..you should at least be getting an auto with a v-6 engine pushing at least 220 horses.

thats why you buy used...its ridiculous to have a car base at nearly $25k and only get 180 horses (and its a sports car..so you know its meager creature comforts).


Actually, the 240 hp V6 manual Accord isn't as fast as you might think. The very best time a stock Accord is capable of is a 14.5 in the 1/4 mile, but owners typically get a few tenths of a second higher than that. As we all know(since this is a Celica site) a stock GTS is capable of a 14.9 in the 1/4 mile. So the Accord is faster, but I don't think that it is exactly stomping the Celica by any means.

Also, a base Celica is $22,055 and as such, I think that the level of performance is pretty good for the price. I can't think of any car in the $20,000 - $25,000 price range that can significanly out perform it.

I'm not neccesarily saying that you are wrong, I just happen to dissagree with you. This is just my opinion on the matter...

Re: Got me sick [Re: chameleon] #88597 Jan 23, 5:24pm Jan 23, 5:24pm
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
NorwayGT
Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4
NorwayGT
Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by chameleon
Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd
the new accord v-6 manuals will stomp a celica (stock for stock).

the celica is NOT that fast. it IS faster than most cars on the road, and its peformance IS great for 1.8L..but 180 horses is still only 180 horses. and for the price you would pay for a brand new celica gts..you should at least be getting an auto with a v-6 engine pushing at least 220 horses.

thats why you buy used...its ridiculous to have a car base at nearly $25k and only get 180 horses (and its a sports car..so you know its meager creature comforts).


Actually, the 240 hp V6 manual Accord isn't as fast as you might think. The very best time a stock Accord is capable of is a 14.5 in the 1/4 mile, but owners typically get a few tenths of a second higher than that. As we all know(since this is a Celica site) a stock GTS is capable of a 14.9 in the 1/4 mile. So the Accord is faster, but I don't think that it is exactly stomping the Celica by any means.

Also, a base Celica is $22,055 and as such, I think that the level of performance is pretty good for the price. I can't think of any car in the $20,000 - $25,000 price range that can significanly out perform it.

I'm not neccesarily saying that you are wrong, I just happen to dissagree with you. This is just my opinion on the matter...


14.9????? WTF man. if you think GTS is only good for 14.9 then you must have been smok'n something just now, or are real dumb. 14.9 in a stock GTS 6speed is considerd a BAD time


was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Re: Got me sick [Re: chameleon] #88598 Jan 23, 5:39pm Jan 23, 5:39pm
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 522
Lisle, IL
Rave669
Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica
Rave669
Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 522
Lisle, IL
Originally Posted by chameleon

Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd

the new accord v-6 manuals will stomp a celica (stock for stock).

the celica is NOT that fast. it IS faster than most cars on the road, and its peformance IS great for 1.8L..but 180 horses is still only 180 horses. and for the price you would pay for a brand new celica gts..you should at least be getting an auto with a v-6 engine pushing at least 220 horses.

thats why you buy used...its ridiculous to have a car base at nearly $25k and only get 180 horses (and its a sports car..so you know its meager creature comforts).



Actually, the 240 hp V6 manual Accord isn't as fast as you might think. The very best time a stock Accord is capable of is a 14.5 in the 1/4 mile, but owners typically get a few tenths of a second higher than that. As we all know(since this is a Celica site) a stock GTS is capable of a 14.9 in the 1/4 mile. So the Accord is faster, but I don't think that it is exactly stomping the Celica by any means.

Also, a base Celica is $22,055 and as such, I think that the level of performance is pretty good for the price. I can't think of any car in the $20,000 - $25,000 price range that can significanly out perform it.

I'm not neccesarily saying that you are wrong, I just happen to dissagree with you. This is just my opinion on the matter...


SRT-4 comes damn close, with suspension mods, an SRT-4 could probably hang with a celica in the twities pretty good, and as for performance, Mopar claims it put's out 215 HP, chassis dynos actually show most SRT-4's put out over that numberto the wheels, not the crank!

It also costs less than the GTS, just under $20K.

other than that, there's the RSX, it does cost a little more, but a Type S is a close match to the celi GTS in almost every regard.

BTW: if the Celica had a V-6, you'd have a major understeer problem, the reason they kept the engine so small is to keep the weight down, for a 1.8 L all aluminum four cylinder engine, 180 HP is damn good, and it's lightweight too, which is one reason our cars weigh about 2500 Lbs.

Apples and oranges, I know; Just my opinion, nothing more.


[Linked Image]
Re: Got me sick [Re: Rave669] #88599 Jan 23, 5:47pm Jan 23, 5:47pm
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,154
Philadelphia, PA
2000 white Toyota Celica GTS
beans
ECelica Jester
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
beans
2000 white Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Jester
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,154
Philadelphia, PA
Sounds like you need to take off your mittens and bitch slap him with it.

Re: Got me sick [Re: beans] #88600 Jan 23, 5:50pm Jan 23, 5:50pm
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
NorwayGT
Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4
NorwayGT
Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by beans
Sounds like you need to take off your mittens and bitch slap him with it.


werd


was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Re: Got me sick [Re: eddie_725] #88601 Jan 23, 6:27pm Jan 23, 6:27pm
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 788
Pittsburgh, PA
A
Angelica
Hyper-Girrrl
Angelica
A
Hyper-Girrrl

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 788
Pittsburgh, PA
well I wouldn't even worry about it he is getting a civic because he can't afford a celi thats why...he just makes excuses to make him self feel better!

Re: Got me sick [Re: NorwayGT] #88602 Jan 23, 10:50pm Jan 23, 10:50pm
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 170
Michigan
chameleon
Member
2000 Toyota Celica
chameleon
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 170
Michigan
Originally Posted by NorwayGT
14.9????? WTF man. if you think GTS is only good for 14.9 then you must have been smok'n something just now, or are real dumb. 14.9 in a stock GTS 6speed is considerd a BAD time


Sorry, but a 14.9 is a pretty darn good time for a stock GTS.

Re: Got me sick [Re: Rave669] #88603 Jan 23, 10:58pm Jan 23, 10:58pm
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 170
Michigan
chameleon
Member
2000 Toyota Celica
chameleon
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 170
Michigan
Originally Posted by Rave669
SRT-4 comes damn close, with suspension mods, an SRT-4 could probably hang with a celica in the twities pretty good, and as for performance, Mopar claims it put's out 215 HP, chassis dynos actually show most SRT-4's put out over that numberto the wheels, not the crank!


Good one Rave669 thumbsup

I totally forgot about the new turbo Neon. Now that they come stock with an LSD, it will take a lot less money to get them on par with a Celica in terms of handling. Plus, I've actually seen them dyno as much as 230 HP to the wheels over on the SRT forums!

OK, so I will definitly agree that the new turbo Neon offers considerable more performance for the price when compaired to a Celica. But that car is kind of a freak, I think that it is the only car that beats the Celica by a lot in the $20,000 - $25,000 price range. tongue

Re: Got me sick [Re: eddie_725] #88604 Jan 24, 7:28am Jan 24, 7:28am
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 422
Miami, Fl
1985 Silver Toyota Celica
eddie_725 OP
Senior Member
1985 Toyota Celica
eddie_725 OP
1985 Silver Toyota Celica
Senior Member
1985 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 422
Miami, Fl
Lets Compare
Celica GTS smile Accord V-6 thumbsdown
HP:180 smile HP:240 thumbsdown
TQ:130 smile TQ:212 thumbsdown
Weight:2500 smile Weight:3300 :thumbsdo 1.8L I4 smile 3.0L V-6 thumbsdown
Price:20K-23K smile Price:22K-26k thumbsdown
HP to LP:14.1 smile HP to LP: 13.75+ thumbsdown
thumbsup thumbsup puke puke
Which do I think is better
Celica tasty


"if pimpin' is dead then I'm bring it back
mata fact it never died so I take that back" -Lil Wayne-
Join the conversation - Register Now or Log In to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Member Spotlight
trikdcelica
trikdcelica
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Corner, Al

Posts: 144
Joined: February 2005
Thanks: PROPS TO ALL THE CELICAS HOLDIN IT DOWN !!!
Random: GO ALL OUT
Show All Member Profiles 
Recent Topics
WTB: Celica Project
by Excel. 11/18/2017 9:15 AM
Low idle and slow take off
by Wmillerjr. 11/17/2017 9:34 AM
OEM Floor Mats
by Mac_TheBeard. 11/16/2017 11:06 PM
Smoking after cleaning injectors
by CelicaSW88. 11/15/2017 11:03 AM
What Tail light is this?
by Hanate. 11/14/2017 7:37 PM
2001 Celica VVTI 140 Wheel Studs
by minos316. 11/11/2017 4:06 PM
Is This Transmission Normal??
by Bilster. 11/03/2017 9:25 PM
New Celica Owner
by Sean65. 11/03/2017 4:00 AM
Customize Your Toyota Celica Privacy Policy · About · Contact
Privacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2017
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1
(Snapshot build 20171111)