Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Melissa
Melissa Feb 27, 9:24pm - #8814 

Maryland
Changing head unit in 2003 GTS

I just bought a 03 GTS. I want to switch out the head unit, but don't know where to buy the mounting kit that matches the trim. I found the standard mounting kit that comes in black, but the trim on the car is almost like a dark chrome. I saw a pic of one guy who had his unit mounted with a kit that matched perfectly. Any ideas? confused

Also, for anyone who has changed their head unit - what pieces of the dash need to come off and what is the easiest way to get them off?

Thanks!!!!
tony
ECelica Staff
tony Feb 27, 9:56pm - #8815 

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Los Angeles, CA
The standard mounting kit comes in black. You can try painting the kit to match your dash. Better yet, paint your dash and the mounting kit to match the exterior of your car. Like this:

Linked Image

To take the radio out, start by removing the Tranny/ash tray piece. There are not screws on this piece, you simply pull it up. Then, remove all the knobs from the AC control panel. Just pull them out. Now, you should see 4 screws. Remove those and the whole center dash should pop out.

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.
Melissa
Melissa Feb 27, 10:01pm - #8816 

Maryland
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my system put in my car again!!!! thumbsup

Melissa wink