Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
slvr strider
slvr strider Jan 22, 12:02am - #87697 

Sacramento, CA
stock paint warranty?

I have a 01' silver gts and recently noticed that something was happening to the paint/coating of my car. The paint on my car is fine but the clear coat(I think that's what it's called) on my Hood and driver side door is peeling off. The stuff that's peeling off looks a lot like plastic and is noticeable up close. I've always had my car parked outside and a lot of times, in direct sunlight. Still, should the paint be doing this? Is there a toyota warranty for the paint on our cars? Any suggestions?
VSGTS14
05 WRB
VSGTS14 Jan 22, 12:15am - #87698 

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi

Milford, NJ
you should get that fixed...and i don't think it's under warranty...not sure.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL
Speed4TheNeed
Caleb
Speed4TheNeed Jan 22, 12:25am - #87699 

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica

New Orleans, LA
i don't think there is a paint warranty...you'd have to prove that the clear coat peeling was a direct result of poor painting, instead of the outside elements (not easy) thumbsdown
chameleon
chameleon Jan 22, 5:02pm - #87700 

2000 Toyota Celica

Michigan
Clear coat shouldn't peel, but it can.

This is covered under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. Even if you are over on your mileage, I would be surprised if the dealership didn't fix the pain under "good faith" because it is obvious that your car has defective paint on it. I would suggest taking the car in and having he dealership look at the paint issue. Good luck, let us know how it turns out! smile
QuickChick03gt
QuickChick03gt Jan 22, 5:18pm - #87701 
2004 Acura & Subaru RSX-S A-Spec & WRX S

Colorado
i would take it back to the dealership and see what they say they will probably fix it.

my bf works for dodge and the older neons had paint problems
and many people didnt know that if would be fixed under warrenty if they just took it in.

*Every moment creates the story of your life,
so you might as well make it interesting.*
[Linked Image]
slvr strider
slvr strider Jan 22, 7:01pm - #87702 

Sacramento, CA
I've had previous body work done on the Hood because I had a small chip at the edge of the Hood and they said that if it wasn't fixed it would rust and spread but I brought the car to the dealership to fix that. I don't know if they put any kind of protective film on the Hood but the driver side door has never had any body work done to it and it also has some of that peeling going on. I'm going to take the car to the dealership sometime this week and let them check it out. Thanks for all the info and replies!