Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
lilchief
lilchief Jan 20, 6:19am - #86653 

2000 Toyota Celica

LA, USA
HAAA!

I was driving my car today and when i came to a complete stop my car started to shake more then usual. (like in idel but way harder the engine was already warn since i have been driving it for like 2 hours on and off) It seemed like the engine was about to shut off but it did not and few seconds later it came back to normal. It happened twice one time after another and did not happen again. I drove my car all day afterwards and it did not happen again? What is wrong with my baby if anything frown?

[Linked Image]
element_celica
element_celica Jan 20, 6:25am - #86654 

Michigan
could be many things.
could be dirty fuel, or dirty Air Filter and something got sucked in.

rip celi...
95 240sx
daekyu1974
daekyu1974 Jan 20, 6:51am - #86655 

2003 Toyota Celica

Washington, USA
Did engine die at all. I've had similiar problem with mine few months ago. All happened after I took my Short Ram Intake and put in my stoke air box. Car drove fine but after highway driving car would all of sudden idle low and shuts off. I took it to the dealer and they found out my car was running very lean. The fuel sensor got bad. I had that replace and since then no problem. I hope this helps.
Grand-Touring-Dan
ECelica Staff
Grand-Touring-Dan Jan 20, 6:53am - #86656 
2001 Spec Blue Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica

Houston, TX
10 bucks says it was when your fan turned on. You didn't notice it throughout the rest of the day because you were driving. When you came to a stop your fan probably came on and sent your idle down, thats why a few seconds later it popped back up...because the fan turned off. Just my gut feeling. Peaceout

Dan
lilchief
lilchief Jan 20, 8:35am - #86657 

2000 Toyota Celica

LA, USA
I really hope its nothing big or really nothing at all smile. The engine did not actually shut off but it seemed like it was close. My car is still stock so no worries about different Intakes.

[Linked Image]
Speed4TheNeed
Caleb
Speed4TheNeed Jan 20, 1:29pm - #86658 

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica

New Orleans, LA
Originally Posted by Grand-Touring-Dan
10 bucks says it was when your fan turned on. You didn't notice it throughout the rest of the day because you were driving. When you came to a stop your fan probably came on and sent your idle down, thats why a few seconds later it popped back up...because the fan turned off. Just my gut feeling. Peaceout

Dan

i raise you $20 laughsilly

but seriously..that would be my guess as well. when the fan comes on, engine noise will increase some (not a lot) so if you were listening to music/radio/whatever..you most probably wouldnt have heard it, just felt it.