Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#8623 Jun 27, 10:50am
I would really LOVE to see a setup...I know there isn't really anything offered(well...), but I know SOME people have got to have custom turbo kits made for this car.

Anybody have info/pix?

nate22 #8624 Jun 27, 11:10am
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
no turbo but I have pics of a SUPERCHARGER, BLITZ THAT IS!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[ 06-27-2002, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Steven ]

Steven #8625 Jun 27, 11:14am
hehe..funny...sweet pics, already seen 'em...
but no...T U R B O

nate22 #8626 Jun 27, 3:44pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
www.xs-engineering.com [xs-engineering.com] is the site that you want to goto...It has ALT Wheels Celica GTS (TURBO) 288hp...you gotta see this...

#8627 Jun 27, 3:51pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Sorry Guys, I checked the xs site the articles no longer there, but if you want it email me, and i'll send it to you, i saved it when they posted it...

PS::::Its posted at newcelica.org under "REVIEWS"
then the top ComboBox under "Turbo Celica(12/00)"

[ 06-27-2002, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: testes ]

#8628 Jun 28, 1:45am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey steven what did it cost to supercharge your celi ????

#8629 Jun 28, 9:45am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
West Covina should finish their prototype turbo on a celica in a month, will go into production 2 weeks after that. Edrick (sales in West Covina) will get first production model for his GTS (yes it will work with GTS) and I will get the second kit on my GT (will boost around 6~9p.s.i. if I get a controller may even boost to 12p.s.i. in races). Will post pics of my turbo once I get it, hope this info helps. If you want more info you can ask Edrick at West Covina.

#8630 Jun 28, 9:55am
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally posted by Mike Lu:
West Covina should finish their prototype turbo on a celica in a month, will go into production 2 weeks after that. Edrick (sales in West Covina) will get first production model for his GTS (yes it will work with GTS) and I will get the second kit on my GT (will boost around 6~9p.s.i. if I get a controller may even boost to 12p.s.i. in races). Will post pics of my turbo once I get it, hope this info helps. If you want more info you can ask Edrick at West Covina.
total costs? what kind of turbo?

Steven #8631 Jun 28, 10:41am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
They are using Audi turbo because it boost at around 2K~3K range which means it will not have any conflict with the lift in the GTS. I forgot what the turbo model number is sorry. Everything else can be upgraded but the base model is $3000~$3500 (not finished yet but they said will keep under $3500 range), you can upgrade stuff like BOV, Intercooler etc etc...
Probably $500 for install but this is not set, it depends on how easy it is to install most shop will charge hourly rate for this install.

#8632 Jun 28, 10:46am
sounds sweet..but, k, listen..
my boys are turbo educated...i've seen their setups...they run custom pipes all over the freakin' place...only thing i'm not digging is the look...they wrap the pipes like crazy...i'm guessing to absorb some heat or keep heat from melting w/ever...BUT I don't want that custom pipe wrap under my hood..ya know?

Any ideas? Just get better piping or do somehting ELSE to the pipes? (i'm talking to/from intercooler) I know i sound a little newbish..so be nice...don't laugh..but i've never even BEEN in a boosted car...(and i don't mean "stolen" either wink
Trying to get my ideas together to do a custom kit w/ my friends...

thanks guys...

[ 06-28-2002, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: nate22 ]

nate22 #8633 Jun 29, 5:49pm
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
How much HP did the Blitz Supercharger give and I can't forget the torque.

'03 Evolution VIII
'89 240SX Coupe 5spd Future: Red Top SR20DET

MidnightKraze #8634 Jun 29, 8:19pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I may be boosting as soon as friday of next week (if I am lucky) but probably wednesday of the week after that. I am not going with West Covina turbo because they are still working on prototype car. I will have a T3 turbo which hopefully is more powerful than the AudiTT turbo (K03?) my turbo will spool later than theirs but hopefully will get more boost than theirs. That AudiTT turbo start spooling at 1800r.p.m. which is why it will work for GTS if you have GTS get that turbo kit.

#8635 Jun 30, 1:19pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i can't wait to get my car boosted! i will have all the $ for the project by the end of July grin so, how much is the supercharger, or is it not in production yet?

#8636 Jun 30, 2:26pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Blitz supercharger? They said they are still working on it. They estimate $6,000 for the supercharger kit. Not sure about how much pressure it will be using and how much HP.

#8637 Jul 2, 5:59pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
question about the turbo for the gts...

of course the compression ratio has always been the issue with this car. when installing the audi turbo or what ever turbo, would you have to change the internals (i.e. low compression pistons, etc) if this kit is installed? confused

#8638 Jul 2, 8:50pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by pdawg:
question about the turbo for the gts...

of course the compression ratio has always been the issue with this car. when installing the audi turbo or what ever turbo, would you have to change the internals (i.e. low compression pistons, etc) if this kit is installed? confused
If you do not change the internals the most you can boost on a GTS is 4 p.s.i., if you use a conservative estimate of 10HP per 1 p.s.i. you get 40HP more. Now if you change your internals ofcourse you can push more on the turbo. But not just the internals, you also have to change your fuel system. Your stock injector need to be bigger, and you need to change out the returnless fuel system we have right now. If you speak to the shop that you are interested in getting the turbo from they will fill you with more info. Hope atleast this helps alittle

[ 07-02-2002, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Mike Lu ]

#8639 Jul 3, 10:40am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
once again...thanks big mike grin

#8640 Jul 3, 2:10pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
no problem, hopefully I will have a picture for you to look at soon.

#8641 Jul 4, 11:42pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey Mike...when will they have the Audii TT turbo for the GTS and how much will the estimate be again? also, will there be any other MODs? sorry, i am totaly new to this turbo thing...i just want to know more about it. That's all. Can you help me out? Thanks.

#8642 Jul 5, 9:04pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by <DoOKiE Graphics>:
Hey Mike...when will they have the Audii TT turbo for the GTS and how much will the estimate be again? also, will there be any other MODs? sorry, i am totaly new to this turbo thing...i just want to know more about it. That's all. Can you help me out? Thanks.
From what I got from Edrick (he works with David Draper) the GTS version will not be out for a month atleast, due to the fact that they have to figure out something for the ECU. Now with the GT turbo it will come with fuel system, turbo kit, and a solution to the ECU problem most turbo people have. I think they have to figure out a solution to the GTS ECU before turboing the car, because right now the stock ECU will go crazy when you have turbo kicking in and the lift kicking in at the same time. Hopefully they will have a solution soon.
So far the GT turbo is going to stay at $3,500 price range, it can change for upgrades like bigger intercooler and stuff. GTS base price would be around that price range too, it depends on how hard to figure out the ECU problem.

[ 07-05-2002, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Mike Lu ]

#8643 Jul 6, 2:39am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
$6,000 for a supercharger. No way!!

#8644 Jul 6, 3:23am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by <Runway>:
$6,000 for a supercharger. No way!!
BLITZ=JDM=Rare=Expensive [Razz]

#8645 Jul 8, 1:55pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

#8646 Jul 9, 5:39am
i feel faint...

nate22 #8647 Jul 9, 10:11am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
14p.s.i... Gotta totally build the engine up for 14p.s.i. That would cost you around $3,000 more, and only occassionally use it. Not even GT can handle that without changing to low compression pistons. Right now GTS can run 4p.s.i. safely, 6 p.s.i. will have problems. Thats whats been happening to XS engineering turbo cars, so 14p.s.i. you really have to build that engine up.

#8648 Jul 15, 11:17am
02 Toyota Celica GT
02 Toyota Celica GT
i dunno whether i feel faint or wanna cream my pants.. but i gotta get rich,.. and fast!

btw is wctoyota gonna work something out so that putting in the turbo does not void the warranty?

Team Shoganai...

hi ho silver #8649 Jul 16, 12:15am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I doubt it, put in a turbo (factory) will shorten the engine life by 1/2 (exageration but not much of an exageration) West Covina turbo kit is not a Toyota authorized kit, it is just a project they are doing. West Covina may cover the turbo for a year, but they will not cover the rest of the car.
Atleast I hope they will have some sort of warranty for the turbo kit because other shops who has turbo kits do have warranty.

#8650 Jul 16, 12:20am
honestly? even properly maintained and w/ decent internals? 1/2 the engine's normal life span(give or take)...

nahhhh.. how about car's where turbo comes stock?