New Reply
Print Thread
lhyatt
lhyatt Jan 19, 3:59am - #85915 
2000 Silver Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT

NJ
making your own AUX in

hi, I was just curious if anyone has tried to make their own converter to get a mini plug or RCA jacks input through the extra CD changer 12 pin connector on the 2000 celica GT stock stereo. 80 bucks seems pretty steep to me for the TOY-AUX thing you can get online. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow, but I will have to figure out the pinout first, so if anyone knows that I'd really appreciate it. Also, do I need to hook up anything besides the actual audio connections? Anything with the ignition power, etc. Any advice is much appreciated, or if no one's tried it, I'll let you know how it goes :-). great site!

-lewis
GreyGhost2k2
GreyGhost2k2 Jan 19, 6:11am - #85916 

2002 Toyota Celica GT

TX
Originally Posted by lhyatt
hi, I was just curious if anyone has tried to make their own converter to get a mini plug or RCA jacks input through the extra CD changer 12 pin connector on the 2000 celica GT stock stereo. 80 bucks seems pretty steep to me for the TOY-AUX thing you can get online. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow, but I will have to figure out the pinout first, so if anyone knows that I'd really appreciate it. Also, do I need to hook up anything besides the actual audio connections? Anything with the ignition power, etc. Any advice is much appreciated, or if no one's tried it, I'll let you know how it goes :-). great site!

-lewis

you can buy RCA plugs (comes in 2 pieces) from radioshack and most decent electronic parts stores...then just use a wiring diagram to make sure you get the right wires conntected...but if the Stock wires are setup to interface with a toyota changer/logic unit then there might be some probs digital logic might have embeded software etc...sorry if i am not getting what you are saying...also what is the toyota aux use to for...connecting a aftermarket cd changer?

[Linked Image]
lhyatt
lhyatt Jan 19, 4:39pm - #85917 
2000 Silver Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT

NJ
Oh yeah I have all the cables, I was hoping someone could please give me the pinout of the extra 12 pin connector on the back, which is for the optional CD changer unit. Thanks though!

-lewis