New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#8556 Aug 21, 12:19am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I ordered the Turbo-performance turbo kit and got it in today. The kit is beautiful all the piping is polished. It goes to the shop this week to get put on so I will keep you posted.

#8557 Aug 20, 3:35pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
nice thumbsup

#8558 Aug 20, 3:50pm
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Congratulations!!! How much was this kit? $3500?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I ended up spending 3900. I bought injectors and a bigger intercooler. I also went to a T3/T4 Hybrid turbo.

#8560 Aug 20, 4:47pm
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
How much would the install be?

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.

tony #8561 Aug 20, 4:54pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have no idea. I have a shop here who sponsors me. So they are doing it for free.

#8562 Aug 20, 8:20pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
how many psi's are you going to run? and did you modify any internals? man i cant waith till you inform us on the turbo..Congrats!

#8563 Aug 20, 8:27pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hmmm... what did you do about fuel management? because if you go with bigger injector you gotta be able to manage amount of fuel injected. Glad to have another boosted celica on the board, keep us posted on how it goes.

#8564 Aug 21, 9:30am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I went with a new fuel pump and an FMU. They said that would do it. Im not sure about the PSI. What do you think mike? We actually started fitting stuff today and it looks like they sent the wrong exhaust manifold. So we are getting ready to call them. Hopefully I will be spanking American cars in a couple of days. Im tired of wasting my gas on Hondas.

#8565 Aug 21, 10:27am
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Post up some pics soon!! You have a GT right?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Yea I have a GT. Hopefully with in the next week depending on when my injectors and turbo timer get here. Ill keep ya posted.

#8567 Aug 21, 2:19pm
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
sounds good

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
yo...keep us updated on the turbo!! ask ur guys about how much would it be if you had to pay for installation. goodluck with the exhaust manifold...heard it was a b*tch!!

#8569 Aug 21, 11:07pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Saturday when my roommate get's back with the digital camera. I'll post pics of what the kit looks like. I'm still waiting on things to come in so...ill get pics posted of the kit itself.

#8570 Aug 24, 10:39pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by Mike Lu:
hmmm... what did you do about fuel management? because if you go with bigger injector you gotta be able to manage amount of fuel injected. Glad to have another boosted celica on the board, keep us posted on how it goes.
Are you still sporting ****** on your window? I wondered what happened to you guys. Miss talking with you guys and your cars! Glad to hear you finally got a turbo. wow time goes fast.

#8571 Aug 26, 12:12am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
vaperz00celica is full of $hit!!! i know him. the only thing he has is a FAKE blowoff valve kit!!!

J/K!!!

No. he is legit. i saw the kit in person and i'm jealous! I have a 00 GTS 6-speed. I would rob him, but i'm not sure if his kit would work with my car or not. hehe Everything is top of line. he got ALL the good stuff. man, if only i had the cash too! Chris, i can't wait til you get it hooked up. i'm dying to take it for a spin!

I started my nitrous install today. i only got the custom switch panel made today, BUT now everything is ready to hook up. i may do it this week. i may just say screw the compression test again! maybe not... all i can say is that we are DEFINATLY gonna be the fastest 7th gen Celicas around here!!! Give me a call sometime. you, drew, and i need to hook up and get the celica's representing around here. tired of all these dayum hondas getiing all the attention. later man!

#8572 Aug 26, 6:47am
grin I'm from WV originally. Looks like I'm gonna hafta stop by Huntington on my way in next time just so your not so sure about being the fastest 7th gen's in the area! [Razz] Actually would love to see the turbo'd GT in action. Would love to find a more cost effective GTS solution than the Blitz supercharger frown

Why settle for a lesser evil, Cthulhu awaits....

Caerie #8573 Aug 27, 12:19am
Yeah, Caerie bring to WV. I'm from Charleston. You don't want none of this though. I'll let you take your pick at the garage on what you want to line up with. 02'GT, don't let if fool you though. Just playin, I'm in Europe now, but someday smile

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
yup. the gts needs a better way to up the performance. i went with a Nitrous Express kit with GenX2 upgrade. i'm gonna spray a 35 shot for a while, and when i get a new clutch... 50 shot baby! oh yeah!!! i think i can live with a 50 shot... but... i do have the 75 jets as well... hmmm...

#8575 Aug 26, 3:46pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
oh yeah. stop in sometime. we'll have to line em' up sometime. i'm not sure what all you have done, but vaperz00celica will have the turbo on his GT, and i'll have the NX kit sprayin' at least a 35 shot on my GTS 6-speed. we'll see who's the fastest gun in the east...

well, if WV counts as the east...

let us know when you roll through!

#8576 Aug 26, 5:48pm
Do you worry about damaging your engine with nitrous? Have you done any of the engine mods to make it safer? Dunno, I just don't trust a NO2 system in my daily driver car smile I can see me calling into work saying that I can't make it because I blew my engine.

Why settle for a lesser evil, Cthulhu awaits....

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by SonCelicaGT:
Originally posted by Mike Lu:
Are you still sporting ****** on your window? I wondered what happened to you guys. Miss talking with you guys and your cars! Glad to hear you finally got a turbo. wow time goes fast.
I only have stickers on my quarter window, no other sticker (except for Nisei showoff sticker on windshield because I am too lazy to scrape it off after the show) Yeah I finally got my turbo, when I say I am going to do something I will do it. So far everything I said I want to put on my car I got, all I am missing right now is my fuel pump and regulator and return fuel line. After I get all those you will see a 10p.s.i. daily driver.

#8578 Aug 26, 9:36pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
turbo-performance turbo kit is set at stock 5~8p.s.i. not sure which one you gotta ask them. Now with 8p.s.i. you would have 80 more HP to the wheels which means you are well over 210 front wheel horse power. With this much HP your torque will also increase I would recommand you change your clutch when you have a chance. Now if you want to boost more you will have to get a boost controller, if you do you will need 4 important gauges boost gauge (come with the kit) A/F ratio gauge (with the kit) Emission Gas Temperature gauge (have to buy along with a probe) and finally oil pressure gauge. As you can tell I have been doing a lot of research into turbo celica, because I am trying my hardest to findout the safest I can get away with on my celica.

#8579 Aug 26, 11:06pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
That's dirty Lynn. I started reading that and I thought I was in for a drive to find someone. HA HA More stuff comes in everyday. Today the turbo timer got here. I got the Blitz FATT DC II. Pretty sweet stuff. Boost controller and injectors should be here tomorrow. I'll give you a call this week Lynn. LATE. Oh yea...anyone know how to post pics on here?

#8580 Aug 26, 11:11pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hey Chris. why don't you go over to the newcelica.org forum and see what they all have to say? a lot of people cruising that board. just a thought...

oh, find out anything new?

caerie, nah. not too worried about it. no2 is safe if it isn't abused. i know that the GTS motor wasn't made to take 100 shots all the time. there are people who have run 75 shots a whole bunch without problems. one guy i talked to has gone through 10 refills, spraying 75. i figure that the 35 shot COULDN'T be that bad then. also, a lot of people are spraying 50 shots. i haven't heard of anyone yet to blow their engine from running nitrous(celica owners). but if i blow my motor, i'll let you know wink

[ 08-26-2002, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: silver-s ]

#8581 Aug 26, 11:21pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
dirty??? me???

Bwahahahahaha!!!

#8582 Aug 26, 11:25pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
find a place that will host your pics for you. that's what i did. i use 7thgencivic.com. you know that my girlfreind drives a civic, so i'm not really just using their site or anything. the only thing is that you have to become a member. not just register, but be on the members list. i guess so people won't use up too much space on the 7thgen site.

all you have to do is copy the address, and then go to the reply page here. then hit the image button and paste the address in.

[img]http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/attachments/civic%26celica%2EJPG[/img]

thumbsup

#8583 Aug 26, 11:50pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Lynn. I see your logged into the site but not AIM. Get on and IM me on VaperzTurboCeli. Lol I also decided on a license plate VTECKILL

#8584 Aug 26, 11:53pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Oh yea...what were you thinking? Where you trying to ruin the pic of your bad ass celi by putting a Honda behind it? Oh wait I get it, you were showing where Honda's end up every time. Behind us.