Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Does anybody know when it is necessary to get an ignition kit? and what does it help with?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
it helps your timing, if you have a perfect mixture of air and fuel (i think its like 12 units of air to every one unit of gas)in the cylinder the gas combusts much stronger/better creating more torque and HP, but an ignition kit never becomes necessary

[ 10-05-2002, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: MotaSkate ]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
so can i get an igntition kit with a stock GT engine? if i do what will happen? confused

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
You'll probably get a few HP and TQ out of it. I know a lot of guys get ignition systems for forced induction applications because more air and fuel is being burned and so more "spark" is needed to fire the cylinders.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
celikazam your best bet is to go the forced induction route, on a stock GT an ignition system isn't going to help too much. The nitrous express wet kit is very easy to use and extremely safe on 10:1 compression (GT). You could run a 50 shot of horse power on 91 onctance very safely and it would be the boost you are looking for. that would put about where the GTS is in terms of horsepower at the wheels.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hey thanx for all the info and tips! rice
i want to get my celi at 300hp max. any suggestions? but safely. thanx spineyes

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Turbo!! thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Are there any reliable turbo kits out there for the GT? because i'm scared to get a turbo from the turbo performance place that mike lu refered me too. does anyone know of a place that has a turbo like HKS or Greddy or sumin...i'm open to suggestions... I NEED TURBO!!!! [Mad]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Why are you scared? Mike Lu has a great setup.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Oh no!!! i wasnt sayin that mikes set up was bad, i like his set up. i was juss wondering if the turbo-perfonce.com turbo was good? or is it safer to go with a place that'll custome modify a turbo for me? because i heard of turbo's that warp the engine or sumin like that. i'm open to anybodies 2 cents. rice

would it be too much to run a dry 75 shot on a gts?

currently studying Lexus/Toyota T Ten program at MCC

i heard a dry system is safer than wet but you get more hp outa a wet system. hey but if you gonna get nos you definetly need to upgrade the sparkplugs ignition and exhaust. this combination will put the all of the 50hp shot to the wheels.

CHOP CHOP

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
You don't have to but it's definitely a plus. thumbsup

Originally posted by hondafighterGTS:
hey but if you gonna get nos you definetly need to upgrade the sparkplugs ignition and exhaust.