Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#84903 Jan 17, 1:19pm
2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
last nite it was raining like hell in houston. i was drivin through neighborhood because i was bored. as i was driving through the streets. i noticed that the water was high but i didnt realize that it was as high it was. in the middle of the street my car stops. i was like shit! then i tried starting it but it didnt work so me and i my friend stripped down and got out and pushed it, the water was about to my ankles. when we got higher grounds the car would start but would turn off. i had to rev the hell out of it for about 20 secs. well long story short the car is fine but i know have water in both headlights. i want to get knew ones. i was wandering if i should take my car in for a check up. (i have a stock air intake)

[Linked Image]

rain sucks, snow sucks!

if it runs fine now, i don't think you should worry about it too much. but it's always good to get it checked out.

rip celi...
95 240sx

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
you should take it just to see if everything is ok to be safe.
up to your ankles? That's a lot of rain

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
yeah, i think im gonna bring it in and try to get new headlights and tell them to check it out while im out of town next weekend

[Linked Image]

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
why would you take your car out in the rain for no reason? wtf

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Dude...it's only rain! Not like you gotta drive your Celi in the snow and get gravel spitting at ur hood and windshield man, we got it worse

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Ya rain sucks i was driving in Killeen TX yesterday and it was like flooded almost everywhere, lucky for me i had my stock airbox, but my car did something wierd just like yours, it would start but if i put it in gear start to drive its fine and when i let it idle and rpms drop it'll drop all the way down to 0 and stall i'm like wtf, well I pretty much just reved it up and started driving then the problems gone, it happened today after i filled up for gas and happened once before a few days ago, Anyone else get something like this just out of the blue wierd stuff?

[Linked Image]

4 All U Haterz!
2000 Toyota Celica GT
4 All U Haterz!
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by element_celica
rain sucks, snow sucks!

if it runs fine now, i don't think you should worry about it too much. but it's always good to get it checked out.

2000 Toyota Corolla
2000 Toyota Corolla
Originally Posted by shox
Dude...it's only rain! Not like you gotta drive your Celi in the snow and get gravel spitting at ur hood and windshield man, we got it worse

Word. Hope you don't need new headlights, if they still work, maybe some heating and draining should do the trick.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Are you KIDDING me...JUST RAIN...man I invite you to endure a Houston rain storm...with shitty drainage in Houston. I am sure FPCElica remembers about October 2003 we had a huge storm that flooded most streets and freeways...I was driving with my girl through downtown going home from school (where UH was a water park), through water that was ankle high and up to my lower chins deep. I45 was locked down, and I knew our only chance to get home was to take the HOV lane meaning we had to drive in high water through downtown...SUCKED I was on the feeder road and watched an older celica stall, knowing i had to drive through it...I floored it, and the over pass was turned into a waterfall...200 feet through high water with water pounding my car from the overpass above, couldnt see crap...then i had to run through a gauntlant of low intersections because construction made them deeper than the rest of the roads. watching cars stop a then stall because they dont understand once water enters the tail pipe/ecu/battery you are finished...I saw steam coming from the hood scoop on several ocassions..and still made it home no probs...just rain...well just rain turns to hail real quick here also...blistering temperatures creates up drafts water is push back into the high atmosphere freezes then falls back frozen. laughsilly but hey its just rain...so is snow before it frezes into snow spineyes Houston also get dusty during the summer, sand blasting the front of the Celica

But ya definetly get the oil changed and check the transfluid, battery and exauhst...my under plastic popped loose from the force of the water during those storms...and I had a Jack in the box cup stuck in my rear spring grin take your bulb out of the lamp housing and let them air out...i had some condensation after my ordeal but it left after air them out

Last edited by GreyGhost2k2; Jan 18, 2004 1:36am.

[Linked Image]

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by GreyGhost2k2

Are you KIDDING me...JUST RAIN...man I invite you to endure a Houston rain storm...with shitty drainage in Houston. I am sure FPCElica remembers about October 2003 we had a huge storm that flooded most streets and freeways...I was driving with my girl through downtown going home from school (where UH was a water park), through water that was ankle high and up to my lower chins deep. I45 was locked down, and I knew our only chance to get home was to take the HOV lane meaning we had to drive in high water through downtown...SUCKED I was on the feeder road and watched an older celica stall, knowing i had to drive through it...I floored it, and the over pass was turned into a waterfall...200 feet through high water with water pounding my car from the overpass above, couldnt see crap...then i had to run through a gauntlant of low intersections because construction made them deeper than the rest of the roads. watching cars stop a then stall because they dont understand once water enters the tail pipe/ecu/battery you are finished...I saw steam coming from the hood scoop on several ocassions..and still made it home no probs...just rain...well just rain turns to hail real quick here also...blistering temperatures creates up drafts water is push back into the high atmosphere freezes then falls back frozen. laughsilly but hey its just rain...so is snow before it frezes into snow spineyes Houston also get dusty during the summer, sand blasting the front of the Celica

But ya definetly get the oil changed and check the transfluid, battery and exauhst...my under plastic popped loose from the force of the water during those storms...and I had a Jack in the box cup stuck in my rear spring grin take your bulb out of the lamp housing and let them air out...i had some condensation after my ordeal but it left after air them out

yeah during october a buddy of mine in a celica got hydrolock with aem cai he doesnt know to much about cars so they had to do 8000 $ worth of engine work,

[Linked Image]

1985 Toyota Celica
1985 Toyota Celica
that nothing on time i had gone driving around wit my mom (Im 13) she was driving her camry and was going slowly over a puddel. when she noticed it was realy deep she floored it and got out of it. the the car made a big noise and cut off. I was like all man what now. it was like at 10 and we were so close to home. we were lucky and saw a woman with the same problem and she had called a truck. they came and tolk us home. When the mechanic had check the car the whole engine was messed up. The piston which is soppost to be straight turned int an S. She didnt have her car for 3 months. we had to import an engine from japan. we went from 2.2L I4 to 2.0L V16 which is prety cool. i still have that piston in the garage.

"if pimpin' is dead then I'm bring it back
mata fact it never died so I take that back" -Lil Wayne-