Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#835 Jan 18, 12:52pm
hey whuts up guys.i have couple of questions to ask.
who has the pulley set?and how hard to install?and any driffrence other than looks?
im asking because im getting my set today.
thnks

Hey zero2sicksty, yes I have one on my GTS 6-speed. To install it, I just went to a shop by my house, it only cost me like 35 bucks and it was done the same day I took it in. If you wanted to do it yourself you would have to remove the alternator and have some special tools to remove the belt and stock pulley, I can't remember what they are, but they will tell in the instructions you will recieve in the kit. I would recommend that you get it done at a shop, but if you know enough about it and want to do it yourself all the power to you. With this new kit, I noticed much better throttle response and more horsepower. Most people I talked to about it said that they didn't really notice a power gain with this kit, but I definitely saw a small power gain. I did some research, and AEM claims that it gives about an 8 horsepower increase. The only conclusion that I thought of is that maybe you don't really see a hp gain if you have this kit on an auto...and it does look good under the hood, you have to close to see it because it's under part of the engine, but it looks good none the less. Hope I could help, later...peace.

2002 Absolutely Red GT-S 6-speed
AEM CAI
AEM Pulley
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

Coming soon:(As soon as I save up)
Custom Turbo Setup

thank doc for the info
and im having a shop install them.
just dont know how much?what a resonable price?

2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i
2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i
depends on how long its gunna take to install...they usually do a certain hourly charge. I would love to know who can do it for 35 bucks. thats like a 30 min job here in ca...most places here cost 60-80 bucks per hour!

[ 01-19-2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Nytros ]

*Your Car...Your Choice!*

Nytros #839 Jan 19, 3:18pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
What I did was remove the alternator and took it the local shop b/c I didn't have the tool for the pulley and they did for nothing. I came back and installed it. It took me half an hour.

#840 Jan 19, 7:33pm
Hey nytros, if it costs 60-80 bucks per hour, and it only took a half hour, then in California it would only cost you 30-40 bucks...right? I don't know how long it took them to install mine to tell you the truth, but my dad was also really good friends with the guy, so he very well could have given me a deal...I don't really know. But I imagine that it couldn't have taken that long. Later guys.

2002 Absolutely Red GT-S 6-speed
AEM CAI
AEM Pulley
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

Coming soon:(As soon as I save up)
Custom Turbo Setup