Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i don't know if anyone has done this on this board, but i have swapped the rev limiter on my '02 celi!!! i'm pushin the 8400 rpm limit now. the process isn't very difficult at all, as long as you have all the tools needed. if there are any celi owners w/ the '02 rev limiter, i suggest you swap it out too!!! thumbsup

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
That is cool! Thats good that it turned out well and was an easy operation. Congratulations! thumbsup

if you dont mind me asking, could you post a list of tools needed. I want to do this soon, am very mechanical too,,,,just want to make sure i have all the needed tools..thanks

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
your sig is funny seeing nc.org is the place that gives step by step instructions on how to do this. but here's the link to the instructions:

http://www.newcelica.org/other/installs/02revlimiter/index.htm

the rare tools needed are an E7 torx socket and a 27mm deep well socket. you will also need a tq wrench. good luck.

LOL...i know...i am kinda banned over there...got into a heated arguement or 3 too many =)

Thanks, can i get teh e7 at like sears?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i'm not sure. you may be able to get one at a hardware store. i just used the tools from my auto hobby shop. it had every tool except a tq wrench, but i was able to get a hold of one. so ask and check at hardware stores. they may be able to help you out.

cool..thanks...

and a few other questions...how much were the gaskets for the head...was it easy to take off and how does the knock sensor come off.with a socket?... was the install worth it?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
you can probably rent all those tools at a pep boys or home depot thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
actually, the bare minimum needed is the ecm and the knock sensor. you have to remove the the '02 sensor with the e7 torx socket. be carefull because it may strip. mine did!!! the new one has to be installed and then torque down. is it worth it? HELLZ YES!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hell yea, good job pdawg! Now go smoke the sh!t outta your hommies Honda...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
haha...no doubt. hey josh, i'll be heading over your way on saturday. i'll give you a call.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Dude, you don't know how long I've been waiting for someone to figure this out... Your da man!!!

Know more lag after shifts!!!!! grin

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
well thanks, but i can't take the credit for this. there's a guy who's a toyota tech that came up with the write up. i'd have to give him the propz...so with that said...propz to griffin. but true, i'm not getting jipped anymore on my rev limiter!!!