New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#80159 Jan 10, 10:44pm
Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
wtf does 1.0 , 1.2 , 1.5 , 2.4 mean when it comes to Capacitors ? its dumb question i guess. but wtf does it mean lol

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by ravadude338
wtf does 1.0 , 1.2 , 1.5 , 2.4 mean when it comes to Capacitors ? its dumb question i guess. but wtf does it mean lol

Usually it means the amount of capacitence in Farads...the higher the number the higher the cpacitence...however some have number letter combos that are define by the IEEE standard you can find the IEEE code on the net on the net...but if this is for a custom stereo setup then it usually mean the capacitence in Farads

[Linked Image]

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
oh yeah capcitors act like batteries to "buffer" an electrical circuit when extra power or a secondary power source is needed.

[Linked Image]

Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
how much is good im gunna be running 2 1000watt subs and a 1200wat amp ?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally Posted by GreyGhost2k2

Usually it means the amount of capacitence in Farads...the higher the number the higher the cpacitence...however some have number letter combos that are define by the IEEE standard you can find the IEEE code on the net on the net...but if this is for a custom stereo setup then it usually mean the capacitence in Farads

Haha, I'd like to see an everyday capacitor that uses a Farad. Most everything uses measure of microFarads, not Farads. Not sure about this stuff though. I just took an AP Physics class and felt like whoring. *whore whore*

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
holt schnikies eek 1200W damn dude...hmmm I'd have to say 2 Farad would defintely do the trick...but I am not a stereo expert..I just know electronics that use uF to pF or .000001 to .000000001 farads rofl seriously though if you are bridging amps or running these spekers to the 1200W mark (assuming this is it peak performance) you might want the highest capacitence to ensure you can handle that peak...I am basing this off what i know about micor electronics so you might want to check the specs and consult a custom stereo expert

[Linked Image]

Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
i was thinking about briding em but i might have the shit shaking out of me lol so im just connect em each to a differnt channel.

#80166 Jan 10, 11:16pm
2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by ThermonuclearAzN
Originally Posted by GreyGhost2k2

Haha, I'd like to see an everyday capacitor that uses a Farad. Most everything uses measure of microFarads, not Farads. Not sure about this stuff though. I just took an AP Physics class and felt like whoring. *whore whore*

spineyes hehehe exactly i was replying when you posted but yeah nothing uses farads...way too bulky not to mention costly...but i believe custom steroe can support this size...you took AP Physics...you're in H.S>. I assume...if so and if circuit are interesting to you check out books by Boylstead and Irvine ..no (EDIT: oops no= now) I am just whoring spineyes

but since you are spilting the channels I make an educted guess and say you won't need tha capactior since the speakers will never see their peak...do you know the RMS power of the speakers and the RMS output of the amp?

Last edited by GreyGhost2k2; Jan 10, 2004 11:19pm.

[Linked Image]

#80167 Jan 11, 1:19am
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by ThermonuclearAzN

Here's a cap of 1 Farad.

[Linked Image from leensen.nl]

You'll need approx. 1 Farad per 500W rms.

Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
-High Current Circuitry, PWM MOSFET Power -Supply, Double Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit -Board, S/N Ratio: >100dB, Frequency -Response: 10Hz - 40KHz (+/- 1dB), Remote -Bass Control With Blue Backlight Knobs, -Variable 24dB High-pass Crossover: 90Hz - -750Hz, Variable 24dB Lo-pass Crossover: -30Hz - 120Hz, Variable Subsonic Filter: 20Hz -to 45Hz, Variable Bass Boost: 0 - 18dB, -Variable Bass Boost Frequency: 40Hz - 100Hz, -RCA Throughput Connections 4-way -Protection, Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit, -Overload, and DC Offset, Dual Cooling Fans, -VU Meters Indicating Output Response, Cobalt -Blue Illumination, High Gloss Chr

200 watts x 1 @ 1 ohms mono
450 watts x 1 @ 1 ohm stereo
300 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms stereo

Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Butyl Rubber Surround
Chrome Plated Back Plates
2" High Temp Kapton Voice Coil

-Bumped and Vented Yoke
-4 OHM Impedance
-Sapphire Blue Chrome Plated Injected Cone
-100 Oz. Magnet

this is for my subs the other thing above is the specz for amp

Sara Sucks :P
Sara Sucks :P
Butyl Rubber Surround

-Bumped and Vented Yoke
-4 OHM Impedance
-100 Oz. Magnet

From looking at your amp and the specs of your subs you are not going to be able to produce the power that you are looking. It doesn not look like the amp can support a i ohm load with 2 channels. Look into getting 8 hom subs. That way when you bridge everything down you are dropping your amp to a 2 ohm load, therefor making you have 300 watts rms!!!! thumbsup

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Jamey
Butyl Rubber Surround

-Bumped and Vented Yoke
-4 OHM Impedance
-100 Oz. Magnet

From looking at your amp and the specs of your subs you are not going to be able to produce the power that you are looking. It doesn not look like the amp can support a i ohm load with 2 channels. Look into getting 8 hom subs. That way when you bridge everything down you are dropping your amp to a 2 ohm load , therefor making you have 300 watts rms!!!! thumbsup

The spec from the amp are set in stone, 300 watts (I am assuming RMS...if not then take the 300W and divide by the square root of 2) is being out put to 2 channels each of whic MUST have a 2ohm impedance. Increasing the impedance of the speakers will only limit power output from the speakers (reduced sound) or give you distortion before the speaker can reach its maximums or even the RMS of the speaker. Conversly true is the fact if you run too little impedance for the speakers you will blow out the speaker before the amp even reaches it's maximum output or RMS power output. If you plan on runnning the amp with 2 subs and you want a maximum power transfer you must have 2 ohm speakers, according to Thevenin's maximum power transfer theroem...this is true for any circuit.

Since the impedandce of your speakers is high it is still possible to run them on two sperate channels. Start with your amp gain low to off and your head unit volume near max, if you have front speakers set the fader to the sub or rear to turn them off; just so you don't mess up your other speakers. Pop in a music sample then slowly adjust the gain till you hear the loudest thump/sound withOUT distortion...keep in mind this may occur quickly or being that the subs are 8 ohm not even at all. Next lower the volume of the headunit then turn on the rest of your speaker by adjusting the fader, etc the slowly raise you headunit volume to louder levels listen carefully for distortion. Just so you know the limits of the volume you can apply later while you cruise.

Alternatively you can hook both speakers into 1 channel of the 2 channels this will place the speakers in parallel, the impedance of the speaker in parallel is found by divinding the impednace of the speaker by the number of speaker hooked to a channel, 4ohm / 2 speaker = 2ohm...THIS IS NOT bridging the amp, its simply putting speakers in parallel, amp bridging requires jumper wires and blah as the diagrams show you from the amp manufacturer. So have your amp set up for a 2 channel output... leaving 1 channel empty. Try both methods and see which sound best...like I said I am no car stereo expert but I know circuits, if you dont feel confident ask some one at your local steroe shop...and if ya got questioins about what I wrote, juts let me know. Sorry its a novel grin

[Linked Image]

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
FLUX CAPACITOR WITH DILITHIUM CRYSTALS!!! GREAT SCOTT!

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by LiGhTniNgGTS
FLUX CAPACITOR WITH DILITHIUM CRYSTALS!!! GREAT SCOTT!

rofl laughsilly

[Linked Image]