Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#78565 Jan 7, 7:38pm
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
i got a full kaminari body kit. My car is at the body shop right now and my question is i have 17 inch wheels with 215 40 s . I really wonder how it will look ? Can somebody post pictures with kaminari kit on 17 inc celicas ? thanks in advance

aykut #78566 Jan 8, 2:09am
heres my old pictures of my car... www.cardomain.com/dea7hr0w [cardomain.com]

aykut #78567 Jan 8, 2:10am

dea7hr0w #78568 Jan 8, 5:09am
the dude
2002 Toyota Celica GT
the dude
2002 Toyota Celica GT
nice dude. that hood looks so clean against the carbon blue. can't wait to get mines! thumbsup

thanks, hey when you get your car back check under the front bumper and tell me how they mounted your undersplash guard... because mine keeps falling off unless i zip tied it... the shop said that my kit doesnt fit probably there and the holes dont aline... it seems liek the holes where the kit is suppose to attach to the undersplash guard are open... open holes ? confused please let me know... this is been a problem.. i have been messing up my splash guard and im afriad i might bottom out and break my neon tube...

aykut #78570 Jan 9, 11:41am
2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
hey, dea7hr0w did you drop the car also and if you did which springs or do ou hve coilovers?

Gohan1581 #78571 Jan 9, 12:18pm
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Gohan1581
hey, dea7hr0w did you drop the car also and if you did which springs or do ou hve coilovers?

He had TRD Lowering Springs, KYB AGX adjustable Shocks grin

[Linked Image]

Evan #78572 Jan 9, 12:57pm
haha true... thumbsup... maybe looking for some tein coilover set in the future

aykut #78573 Jan 9, 12:59pm
those arent my updated pictures, its been raining so i wasnt able to take new pictures of my car... and if i do its going to be dirty... cry

dea7hr0w #78574 Jan 9, 1:03pm
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by dea7hr0w
thanks, hey when you get your car back check under the front bumper and tell me how they mounted your undersplash guard... because mine keeps falling off unless i zip tied it... the shop said that my kit doesnt fit probably there and the holes dont aline... it seems liek the holes where the kit is suppose to attach to the undersplash guard are open... open holes ? confused please let me know... this is been a problem.. i have been messing up my splash guard and im afriad i might bottom out and break my neon tube...

It should fit fine dood mine does in fact it lines right up with the stock mounting holes.

"They don't make no seatbelt for the mind. So I can't buckle up for this ride!"

aykut #78575 Jan 9, 1:35pm
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
i am so mad because i went to the body shop today and they told me they cannot attach the mesh grille which i got from home depot. They wanna cheat me or not i dunno but they told me it looks better without mesh grille but my opinion the car looks like naked without mesh grille. Anyway i had a problem with mesh grille with them first of all. Second , when i asked are you gonna match up the same color like my car , they give me a kind of weird answer, I have a black celica and they told me we will try to paint as close as possible. U guys who have kaminari on their cars , did you match up the same color as on your car or you have a slightly color difference between kit and car. The problem is they are gonna also paint the fenders and rear quaters and if they dont match the color the car is gonna look terrible. THink about the fender quaters and kit is a different color and hood trunk and roof is different. I am so confused. THey did not give me any satisfactory answer and scared that they are gonna completely mess up the paint . If they mess up , i have to take the car for whole car painting. i am kind of desperate about what i am gonna do. Cuz when i talked with the guys today , they tried to mean it is ur problem it looks ok or not. I tried to solve everything in a polite way but people are so strange. When i increase my voice , 1 more guy came back from office and look at me like what the hell are you talking about so what should i do if they do a crappy job ? and again do you guys have a color difference between ur kit and the car ? thanks in advance

aykut #78576 Jan 9, 1:42pm
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
^^ the paint color code for the factory black celica is "202" MAKE them order/use this if they don't already have it. black is fairly easy to match and with it blended in (make sure they blend it in) it will look ok. but if you want it to look 100% natural, get the 202 black paint.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
actually, make them blend the 202 black paint in as well. since you have an '00 model celica, chances are it is faded a bit (the factory paint job is rather weak, in my opinion). i would still highly recommend the 202 paint though.

Last edited by sPeEd4tHeNeEd; Jan 9, 2004 1:58pm.

aykut #78578 Jan 9, 1:53pm
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
Originally Posted by aykut
i am so mad because i went to the body shop today and they told me they cannot attach the mesh grille which i got from home depot. They wanna cheat me or not i dunno but they told me it looks better without mesh grille but my opinion the car looks like naked without mesh grille. Anyway i had a problem with mesh grille with them first of all. Second , when i asked are you gonna match up the same color like my car , they give me a kind of weird answer, I have a black celica and they told me we will try to paint as close as possible. U guys who have kaminari on their cars , did you match up the same color as on your car or you have a slightly color difference between kit and car. The problem is they are gonna also paint the fenders and rear quaters and if they dont match the color the car is gonna look terrible. THink about the fender quaters and kit is a different color and hood trunk and roof is different. I am so confused. THey did not give me any satisfactory answer and scared that they are gonna completely mess up the paint . If they mess up , i have to take the car for whole car painting. i am kind of desperate about what i am gonna do. Cuz when i talked with the guys today , they tried to mean it is ur problem it looks ok or not. I tried to solve everything in a polite way but people are so strange. When i increase my voice , 1 more guy came back from office and look at me like what the hell are you talking about so what should i do if they do a crappy job ? and again do you guys have a color difference between ur kit and the car ? thanks in advance

how good is the bodyshop?
I am sure they will match it perfectly, otherwise they wouldn't be doing that sort of stuff...no matter what, they will be able to get it close, especially if the body shop uses colors from manufacturers.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

aykut #78579 Jan 9, 10:22pm
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
yOU know the problem is before i drop the car, i used to go there and talk with the guys and they tried to persuade me that they will do a good job .But after i trust them and drop the car for paint the kit and other stuff, they are not giving me satisfactory answers. Like they are trying to tell me . maybe the paint is gonna be crappy so dont get mad after you see it. Maybe i misunderstand the guys but i am not comfortable with their manner. I am really meticulous about my car and i am gonna pay them a lot of money. I got the kit from them for $1100 and they are gonna charge me for $1600 for painting and installing kit, painting the front fenders and rear quaters, paint calipers and drums and detail the whole car inside and outside so i will pay $2700 totally. It is not a small amount man. People are buying a pretty decent cars for that price in this country and i am willing to pay this amount for just a better service . I just wanna see a nearly perfect job and worry that they are gonna mess up the car so i am scared. I just wanna share my thoughts with you guys. Sometimes it makes everybody feel comfortable. Thanks everybody .