Unregistered
Anonymous Jan 8, 12:09am - #78348 
Unregistered

any suggestions for speakers? need any good ones
celicaboy
celicaboy Jan 8, 12:14am - #78349 

2001 Toyota Celica GT

OWENSBORO, KY
if you are looking for subs, i would highly recommend the HIFONICS WARRIOR 12's or 15's (very good speakers). one 12 inch HIFONICS WARRIOR and a amp is all you really need for the small surface area that your trunk has. that is all i have and it is plenty for me and it produces a good bang when the bass hits
Speed4TheNeed
Caleb
Speed4TheNeed Jan 8, 12:18am - #78350 

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica

New Orleans, LA
Originally Posted by DiabloGTS
they are too deep, they won't fit in a celica

yeah, those speakers are 2 3/4" deep.

if you want to buy alpine speakers, i recommend getting the alpine sps-170A speakers. they are 2 1/4" deep.
Speed4TheNeed
Caleb
Speed4TheNeed Jan 8, 12:19am - #78351 

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica

New Orleans, LA
for a list of 6.5" speakers that fit the celica, you can click here: crutchfield.com: 6.5" speakers for celica

don't buy from them though..they are overpriced as hell. but it good for finding out what you want.

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Jan 8, 3:00am - #78352 
Unregistered

Originally Posted by kycelica
if you are looking for subs, i would highly recommend the HIFONICS WARRIOR 12's or 15's (very good speakers). one 12 inch HIFONICS WARRIOR and a amp is all you really need for the small surface area that your trunk has. that is all i have and it is plenty for me and it produces a good bang when the bass hits

no i have subs already...2 alpine type Rs 12"
and need speakers but i dont know what to get and dont know what amp to pair that up with
Speed4TheNeed
Caleb
Speed4TheNeed Jan 8, 4:48am - #78353 

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica

New Orleans, LA
Originally Posted by Shinobi
Originally Posted by kycelica

no i have subs already...2 alpine type Rs 12"
and need speakers but i dont know what to get and dont know what amp to pair that up with

check the crutchfield link i gave you. those are speakers that will definately fit the celica (won't be too deep).

personally, i'd get component speakers. more expensive, but well worth it when it comes to sound quality. crossovers, removable tweeters,...its awesome.
nemisiscelica
nemisiscelica Jan 8, 7:13am - #78354 

2003 Toyota Celica GT

Mississippi
You could probably make them fit. I have seen where people make their own mounting brackets out of 3/4 inch MDF board. This will push them out, and you still have enough room between the speaker and the door/back panel. I actually took the grills that came with my speakers, turned them upside down, knocked out the metal grill part, and used the plastic circle to drill a mounting bracket into my panels. This pushed them out about a half an inch, they fit perfect sound great.

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Jan 9, 4:32am - #78355 
Unregistered

name some good speaker/amp combinations...

i just need any suggestions