Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#7799 Feb 8, 4:42pm
is it possible/safe to but a wet or dry fogger n20 injection on a turbo'd car??

or would it be better to add that thing that sprays c02 or n20 directly on the intercooler for that added zap?

suggestions?

you seem to have underestimated my sneakiness, sir.

Nae-Nae #7800 Feb 8, 11:03pm
I've heard of people using N02 to get their turbo going faster and reduce lag (the amount of time it takes for the turbo to spool up). So I would assume that yes you can.

Kyle-Cel'02
-----------
Silver GT 5-speed --TOTALLED--

the n'tercooler sprays n2o or c02 directly onto the intercooler to freeze it and dramatically increase the ability of the inercooler to do its job ... thus increasing horsepower ... its probably not as dramatic of an increase as actually hooking it right into your engine ... but ... it would be safer and cheaper (using c02) ...

... maybe best used as a "play it safe while increasing horepower" mod thumbsup

Nae-Nae #7802 Feb 10, 5:43am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
N2O aka nitrous is used to and oxygen to the fuel mixture. The more oxygen the better the fuel mixture burns= more power. In a turbo/ super charged setup, lower amounts of N2O is used to and oxygen but, the main advantage is to aid in cooling the intake charge making the turbo/super charger more efficient. Just spraying N2O on the intercooler will have a very minimal effect and be a waste. Spraying cold water on the intercooler; as the new Lancer EVO does; would be beneficial.

#7803 Feb 10, 12:16pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
To answer your question first have to decide what kind of kit you are looking at.
To use a dry kit you must have return fuel line, our celica stock is returnless fuel system.
Wet kit is good for returnless fuel system (recommanded for stock Naturally Aspirated Celica)
Turbo it is recommanded that you add bigger fuel pump + Fuel Pressure regulator + Return fuel line + Bigger injectors for more fuel delivery. Since you modified your returnless fuel system to returnable fuel system you now can run dry kit.
Nitrouls is to increase amount of O2 for engine combustion, N2O breaks down to 2 of N2 and 1 of O2. Now the CO2 kit is to cool down the intercooler which in turn cools down the air thats going to the engine which help engine to perform better. This modification may be as good as adding an intercooler to a turbo kit in amount of HP it gives, but it all depends on how much boost you are doing.
Hope this answers your questions.

#7804 Feb 10, 4:38pm
so basically, to run a turbo and nitrous, its ok?

just more internal modification needed to handle it??

Nae-Nae #7805 Feb 10, 7:38pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
yes, but you gotta be very careful when do so its very easy to blow your engine.

#7806 Feb 11, 12:39am
im pretty sure i would just stick to spraying c02 on the intercooler

(and a fire-extinguisher before a 1/4 mile)

i wouldnt be too stoked if my engine blew

im sure it would just be a matter of knowing what im doing to avoid it ... but then again ... you never know ...

this way i can get a tank of zex or something ... fill it with c02 ... and have something nice for judges to look at ... and be able to tell them "yes ... it is connected"

Nae-Nae #7807 Feb 13, 1:14am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
you can connect everything and put an empty tank there the judges will not know the difference if you are going for show. If you really want to run it maybe think about add a switch, it shuts the Nitrous off at a set RPM because you do not want Nitrous running at high rpm close to your fuel cutoff area. As to where to get these switches... I don't know might want to ask Holografik I hear he is starting to work on doing this.