Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#77039 Jan 5, 12:37pm
Hey all,

I'm in the process of buying an action package 2004 Celica GT and I was wondering if you could tell me how bad the blind spots are on Celicas. I've heard that you can't really see much out of the passenger windows. What about the back window? Will the big-ass action package spoiler block the little view there is?

I'm 6'0, if that matters at all.

Thanks!

Last edited by Roman; Jan 5, 2004 12:38pm.

ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
the celica has a lot of blind spots...i'm 6' too and i have no problems once ur used to it. The action package wing is actually easier to see out the back...the stock one is nice cause it blocks headlights thumbsup grin

Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
the action package wing makes it harder to see out of the back for shorter people (if your gf, mom, dad, etc ever drive the car)

To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation
To know even one life has breathed easier
This is to have succeeded.

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
When changing lanes, the blind spots are noticeable, but it isn't horrible. Just use extra caution and common sense thumbsup

[Linked Image]

loser magnet
2003 Toyota Celica GT
loser magnet
2003 Toyota Celica GT
i test drove a celica with a regular spoiler, and one with the actionpackage, and i noticed that the actionpackage spoiler is actually easier to see out of the back. granted, both spoilers do obstruct your veiw just a little, but the acction package is set just right as to where it doesnt obstruct as much as the regular. then again i am only 5'4. i'd still recommend action package, especially if you're not planning on adding a specific body kit to your car. thumbsup

i got my pirate antenna ball back! *rock*

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by ilovemyGT
i test drove a celica with a regular spoiler, and one with the actionpackage, and i noticed that the actionpackage spoiler is actually easier to see out of the back. granted, both spoilers do obstruct your veiw just a little, but the acction package is set just right as to where it doesnt obstruct as much as the regular. then again i am only 5'4. i'd still recommend action package, especially if you're not planning on adding a specific body kit to your car. thumbsup

Like you said, you're 5'4". If you're taller, the action package spoiler is in your way. I guess it all depends on how tall you are.. he's 6 ft tall.

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
Originally Posted by ilovemyGT

Exactly what i said earlier grin thumbsup

loser magnet
2003 Toyota Celica GT
loser magnet
2003 Toyota Celica GT
well excuse me. rolleyes

i got my pirate antenna ball back! *rock*

Cool, there's a post saying that action package visibility is better for tall people, and one saying it's better for short people. I guess that covers all the bases tongue

Do the round stick-on blind spot mirrors help out at all?
Thanks for all the replies, guys! I really appreciate it.

Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
Hey, just a little more feedback...

I'm 6'2 and have the action package. After about a week of driving the car I totally stopped even realizing there is a spoiler when I look into my mirror. It obstructs things that are way back in the horizon sometimes, but 99% of the time you won't even notice it.

As for the blind spots go, they aren't horrible. You want to make sure you check over your shoulder before changing lanes (like you SHOULD in all cars), but if you do that there are no problems.

There is a sidenote I'd like to add since you are fairly tall. Make sure you can find a comfortable position in the car for both seat position and amount of seat recline. I've got a couple of inches on you, but for the gains of leg and head room, I've always have to sit a little further back from the wheel than I would like. Just a thought before you buy the car.

Hope all that helps.

I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Just get the little blind spot mirror for the passenger mirror. grin

Awesome! Just what I wanted to hear. I do check over the shoulder.

Originally Posted by RevMonster
Hey, just a little more feedback...

I'm 6'2 and have the action package. After about a week of driving the car I totally stopped even realizing there is a spoiler when I look into my mirror. It obstructs things that are way back in the horizon sometimes, but 99% of the time you won't even notice it.

As for the blind spots go, they aren't horrible. You want to make sure you check over your shoulder before changing lanes (like you SHOULD in all cars), but if you do that there are no problems.

There is a sidenote I'd like to add since you are fairly tall. Make sure you can find a comfortable position in the car for both seat position and amount of seat recline. I've got a couple of inches on you, but for the gains of leg and head room, I've always have to sit a little further back from the wheel than I would like. Just a thought before you buy the car.

Hope all that helps.

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
get the small blind spot mirrors grin

[Linked Image]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
where dey sell those at? because i hate the b pillars

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
walmart maybe

[Linked Image]

2004 Toyota Celica GT
2004 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Roman
Hey all,

I'm in the process of buying an action package 2004 Celica GT and I was wondering if you could tell me how bad the blind spots are on Celicas. I've heard that you can't really see much out of the passenger windows. What about the back window? Will the big-ass action package spoiler block the little view there is?

I'm 6'0, if that matters at all.

Thanks!

Sorry to break the news to you, but you will never find an 04 GT w/ action package. Trust me, I've looked high and low for one, and they're impossible to find stock. If you want action package REALLY bad (like me), you're gonna have to get it put on by Toyota after (est. $3000), or simply get a GTS. Good luck though!

1996 Geo Prizm
1996 Geo Prizm
Originally Posted by ice33
Just get the little blind spot mirror for the passenger mirror. grin

Oh crap!! Can anyone confirm this? Hmm, I'll have to ask the CarsDirect representative assigned to me. I don't think I want to pay an extra 3K for the GTS, I guess I'll have to go with the 2003 model then... That really bites if it's true...

Originally Posted by DJ_NorthStar
Sorry to break the news to you, but you will never find an 04 GT w/ action package. Trust me, I've looked high and low for one, and they're impossible to find stock. If you want action package REALLY bad (like me), you're gonna have to get it put on by Toyota after (est. $3000), or simply get a GTS. Good luck though!

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
the celica has many, many blindspots. it's like driving in a box with a few holes in it.

that said, it's easy to adjust to them once you know where they are. at first i was almost scared to switch lanes when i bought my car...but using all your mirrors + turning around to check the little side windoes helps out a TON.

hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by trog2233
the celica has a lot of blind spots...i'm 6' too and i have no problems once ur used to it. The action package wing is actually easier to see out the back...the stock one is nice cause it blocks headlights thumbsup grin

Yeah that's what I like on the stock wing when stupid ppl constantly drive with their high beams on, the thing blocks it. And about the blind spots, get a Broadway Mirror from Napolex here

Carbon Blue Rules
2003 Toyota Celica
Carbon Blue Rules
2003 Toyota Celica
i have no problem with the blind spots

Gtscelica05 Carbon Blue

Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica

I just realized that Roman lives out here in CA. Unfortunately, this is the ONE state that doesn't get all of the possible Celi color and option combos. Since our stupid state requires the cars to be built to much higher emissions requirements, the car companies don't always bother to send ever possible model our way. For example, they didn't bring the yellow color GTS's out here to Cali before 04... although I think they may be now.

Just check around and see what you can find, there is always some hope of finding the diamond in the rough.

I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you

i believe the 04 models are getting the new action package

rip celi...
95 240sx

Well, I just remembered that my local dealer actually has an automatic 2004 action package. The color (black) doesn't fit though - I want silver. Up until recently, Toyota of San Francisco actually had one like that listed on their website (with a bunch of additional options, though), so I'm guessing all hope is not quite lost yet - I'm hoping CarsDirect will be able to find one for me... I've heard good things about them finding cars when dealers claim there's nothing in the area. We'll see...

2004 Toyota Celica GT
2004 Toyota Celica GT
yeah...I wanted the action package for my car too. When I purchased the car...the dealer said that it'll cost an additional $4,000 for the kit. After I bought the car, I came back and the fleet manager said that it'll cost me $1,900 for the kit. I haven't gotten the kit yet, but will soon!

I want a Nissan Nismo 350Z!