xXMaGNuSXx
hookah-meister
xXMaGNuSXx Jan 5, 1:33pm - #76899 
2000 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Smog City LA
H7 Bulb High Wattage Wire Protectors

Yao! My buddy just hooked me up with some "Blue Zone" H7 (low beam) and 9005 (high beam) bulbs. I've never heard of them, but supposedly they're just as bright as MTECs. Anyhoo, he also gave me some H7 "High Wattage Wire Protectors" for my low beams. He said I may need to install these if I don't want to burn out my harnesses. Is there any fact to this? The bulbs are 4200Kw and the wire protectors have a socket for the bulbs with two wires coming out of them.

For those of you who installed MTECs which are ~4300Kw I believe, did you need to do this to "protect" your harnesses or what? Should I just exchange these for MTECs?

Also I forgot to add, these say:

H7: 12V/100W > 150W
9005: 12V/100W > 160W

How do I read these?
Evan
Rebel
Evan Jan 5, 7:12pm - #76900 

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Washington
eek The stock H7's are only 55W, and the stock 9005 are only 65W. He is right that you need a new wiring harness to protect against frying your wires, but personally I wouldn't do it at all. For one, it's illegal, and second, you still run the risk of frying your wires or worse: an electrical fire thumbsdown

Find some bulbs that run on the stock wattage. Refer here

[Linked Image]