Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Sorry guys, I'm new here n I'm having some difficulty choosing an exhaust I read the threads posted by others n I'm really thinking about the TRD or the Tanabe... BUT I went on www.trdextreme.com [trdextreme.com] n I'm having some trouble here... There's 2 types of TRD!!!!! N it says the cheaper one gets +20hp compared to the street legal one which gets 10-14hp!!!??? wtf??? HELP??!!! hehe
1862415313-83045.jpg

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
well the kazuma does not add 20 hp, nor does the trd make 10-15, but they do have the best power from a full system. search the site to find the numbers. you did not specify what you are looking for, what you are compaing against. where you live, that will make a big difference in getting the louder one. i have the trd and it works fine, louder, but not farty like honda exhausts

10.7157 @ 131.31 on my bike

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
the trd exhaust comes in "stock trim" or "trd action package trim" otherwise known as "normal" and "extended". i was not aware however that there were any performance differences.

in any case, the trd exhaust will only give you about 5 horses whp. trd exhaust is also one of the lightest exhausts around (25 pounds).

the reason you will only get 5 horses from your trd exhaust is that you most likely won't retune your ecu. if you can afford to tune your car, then you will realize greater gains.

Last edited by sPeEd4tHeNeEd; Jan 1, 2004 9:18am.

hehe well I live on a tropical island called Mu n I don't think the police know much nor care abt the amt of noise I'm gona make grin hehe so that shouldn't b a prob, anyway thnks... I think I'll go kazuma, cheaper... got no money... cry suckss... new yr gota prepare a new budget smile

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by cerealkiller_84
hehe well I live on a tropical island called Mu n I don't think the police know much nor care abt the amt of noise I'm gona make grin hehe so that shouldn't b a prob, anyway thnks... I think I'll go kazuma, cheaper... got no money... cry suckss... new yr gota prepare a new budget smile
the kazuma adds about 14 hp,and you can get a silencer for it if its too loud for you.btw where is mu? just curious.

HYBRID:resulting from the combination of two or more mechanically dissimilar origins!
"...... code":every man is a shadow,let him be treated as such,until proven otherwise by a show of character or code!

Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Loser
2003 Toyota Celica GT
THE SIELNCER DOES NOTHING. dont get it if cops are deeks in your city cus they will pull you over and over and over. happend to me that is why now i have to drive the back roads in my city. But i lovve the sound of the exhuast its loud and very loud. Just roll you window down and listen to the sound , such a sexy sound it makes.. thumbsup

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by hybridcelica
Originally Posted by cerealkiller_84
the kazuma adds about 14 hp,and you can get a silencer for it if its too loud for you.btw where is mu? just curious.

14 whp with just the bolt-on? or 14 whp with the ecu tuned?

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
^^it's not really 14 hp...more like 5-6 to the wheels.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd
the trd exhaust comes in "stock trim" or "trd action package trim" otherwise known as "normal" and "extended". i was not aware however that there were any performance differences.

in any case, the trd exhaust will only give you about 5 horses whp. trd exhaust is also one of the lightest exhausts around (25 pounds).

the reason you will only get 5 horses from your trd exhaust is that you most likely won't retune your ecu. if you can afford to tune your car, then you will realize greater gains.

The performance difference is between the kazuma (race only) and trd (extended/standard length) street legal.

The Kazuma does give about 14 whp spineyes

To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation
To know even one life has breathed easier
This is to have succeeded.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
^^ i edited right when i realized i had said tanabe, not kazuma. hence your quote of me has no reference to anything but the trd.

is there a dyno of the kazuma? i know its race so its illegal as all hell, but it'd be nice to see what a stock celica can do with just the kazuma add-on.

Mu lies in the Indian Ocean, Island of Mauritius not too far away from South Africa and Madagascar... the roads here suck though... can't lower the car too much, btw any of you fitted the TRD Kazuma exhaust?? I was also wondering how hard would it b to switch back to stock exhaust coz it says the Kazuma requires cutting n welding confused