New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
i need your help guys. after i got my injen short ram (which i am very happy with) my next mod on my car was a hi-flow cat and an AEM pulley (just something to get close to 155-160hp). anyway, i was told you don't get any power from the AEM pulley (plus they are chrarging me 100 for labor + 70 for the pulley) and on top of that i was also told that if i put a hi-flow cat i won't pass smog. please help. if not then does anyone suggest of any futher mods? no exhaust for me...it's not my thing even though i know you can easily get 10hp with it. i love in van nuys, california and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. thanks again. grin

The pulleys won't give you much power, maybe 1 or 2 hp if i'm correct. If you want mods that much you can always try headers, short shifter, bodykit, springs, suspension work, custom turbocharger... Depends what you're looking for, if you want more power, or you want a car that handles better , or you want a show car.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
i guess i would want more power but not too loud. i know racers like the exhaust growl (especially on TRDs) but not me. just something relatively quiet with some power (like i said 155hp to 165 would be fine). i don't want a show car (body kits, etc.) though getting white lights would be cool. HIDs are expensive so i was wondering if there are alternatives. don't headers make the car shake? if they do i don't want it. they have a turbo charger for my car?? it's a 2000 automatic. if so how much? someday i'll get the trd springs but for not i want a bit of power. anybody else please feel free to help solve my celica puzzle. spineyes

I'm not saying there is a turbo kit for the car , actually I don't know much about turbos but you can always get a custom turbo made by a professionnal. It usually costs more but the job is better. There is always the problem of finding someone to do the work and the high cost. ( anywhere from 6k to 10k ) Problem with turbos is you gotta change the compression or else you won't be able to boost more than 5 p.s.i.

You can always get some suspension work done on your car, get better handling.

[ 02-11-2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: edge202 ]

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
a turbo sounds expensive. you think the pulley is worth it anyway? so there is no way i can get more power with my auto GT? because with a short ram it only runs at 147 max! that sux

Originally posted by ct:
a turbo sounds expensive. you think the pulley is worth it anyway?
I dont think the pulley is really worth it. It costs too much but dosen't really give much. I don't have any immediate suggestions for mods now, maybe someone else can think of something.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Intall guide for the AEM Tru-Power Underdrive Pulley System...
http://www.ecelica.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000016

$100 for install? thats crazy!!!! I've heard so many people having this installed for only $35

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

By the way, I have read for the GTS manual transmission, the AEM pulley adding around 4-5hp to the wheels, around 8hp to the crank. I am not sure how much it adds for the GT in automatic transmission. It also gave me much better throttle response.

2002 Absolutely Red GT-S 6-speed
AEM CAI
AEM Pulley
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

Coming soon:(As soon as I save up)
Custom Turbo Setup

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
if you want power, you need to get an exhaust, especially now that you have an intake..TRD is not that loud and has the most gains..and there are hi-flow cats that are emission legal..try searching the forum..as for the the pulley, edege202 is right, it wont give you that much gain, but if you're really hungry for power, every little bit of mod counts..hope this helps wink

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ok,ok. i'm considering a TRD exhaust but i'd rather get a pulley or hi flow cat. i've been trying to find a hi flow can that can pass smog for weeks but i can't seem to find one. can anyone with a hi flow cat who has passed cali emissions let me know any? thanks guys.

ps-those TRD exhausts are kinda expensive too 500 bucks plus labor. ouch shocked i gotta make rent...

call me old fastion but DIY
1 it saves $ thumbsup
2 you can have the pride of knowing that its your work and not just your $$ that people are looking at