Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Are these hard to intall?? I have a manual so is it even possible?? How much are they usually?? Thanks.

[Linked Image]

hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT
It possible, but it's risky on MT cars. I wouldn't do it...

2003 Zephyr Blue Celica GT
2003 Zephyr Blue Celica GT
just remember for a manual you can't park the car with gear engaged... so this wouldn't be a good mod for those in hilly steep areas i.e. norcal...

sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
I live in Missouri...cow poke land. lmao. Not around any big hills or anything...

[Linked Image]

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
these things are awsome, and there not dangerouse on MTs if you buy a product that says it has a MT mode

here a good product that has that plus many many more great feartures
Millennium Max [12voltdirect.com]

it's only $175 (plus an average of another $60-$100 for professional install)

it has Manual mode, turbo mode, it's a two way alarm(which means your remote vibrates when someone is trying to break in), 1/4 mile range, and if someone trys to steal your car, you'll know it and you can kill the engine, in my opinion the alarm functions itself is worth the money, you'll save on insurance

Last edited by Celicaracer18; Dec 27, 2003 2:07pm.

in some states, remote start on a MT is illegal.

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
not if the starter has a manual mode

it's a function that detects if the car is in gear and if the parking brake is on, it won't work unless the car isn't in gear and the parking brake is up.
it's 50 state leagle on all vehicles, and it has a deisle mode, not that it applies here but still

dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Celicaracer18

it's a function that detects if the car is in gear and if the parking brake is on, it won't work unless the car isn't in gear and the parking brake is up.
it's 50 state leagle on all vehicles, and it has a deisle mode, not that it applies here but still

ummm...you dont want the car in gear when it starts or it'll stall.

and on that note...i dont think its a good idea for remote start on manual cars bc you should always leave it in 1st or reverse depending on where you park.

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
Originally Posted by spaztikid

ummm...you dont want the car in gear when it starts or it'll stall.

and on that note...i dont think its a good idea for remote start on manual cars bc you should always leave it in 1st or reverse depending on where you park.

exactly, or worse and jump foward and hit something or someone (hence why people say it van be dangerous)

if you park on a hill, don't use the remote start
and besides did you even read my post, this starter will NOT let you start it (remotely) if the car is in gear

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
hmmm odd. ever tried startig your car without pushing the clutch in?? even while it is not in gear it won't start. we'll at least mine won't.

[Linked Image]

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by SCOTT03
hmmm odd. ever tried startig your car without pushing the clutch in?? even while it is not in gear it won't start. we'll at least mine won't.

remote starts on manuals will bypass the pressing of the clutch. (if you look under your clutch pedal, you will see a "button" and when pressed, this is what actually allows your car to start. not the clutch pedal itself).

i want remote start for my car...but i want one where it starts even if the parking break is up. i live in new orleans so its totally flat..but my drive has a slight incline to it so i still have to use the hand brake. (and yes, this kind is illegal..as noted. checked it out already). but i never park my car in gear anyway (just use hand brake)so its unlikely i'd have a problem with it.

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST

first off if your trying to imply that a remote starter won't work then your wrong, because i have had 2 on two seperate cars with MT

and second yes you can start a car if it's not in gear and the clutch isn't depressed

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd

remote starts on manuals will bypass the pressing of the clutch. (if you look under your clutch pedal, you will see a "button" and when pressed, this is what actually allows your car to start. not the clutch pedal itself).

i want remote start for my car...but i want one where it starts even if the parking break is up. i live in new orleans so its totally flat..but my drive has a slight incline to it so i still have to use the hand brake. (and yes, this kind is illegal..as noted. checked it out already). but i never park my car in gear anyway (just use hand brake)so its unlikely i'd have a problem with it.

with the millenium max you do have to have the hand brake up
but i do think there is a way to by pass that

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
^^ sweet, cause i wanna bypass it...i need my hand brake because of my driveway.

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
^^wait you want the hand brake to be engaged right, then what do you need to bypass, the e-brake has to be engaged fo it to work

02 Acura RSX-S
02 Acura RSX-S
hmmm this remote start that works on MT sounds interesting. I want one bad...might have to check it out

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
incase you didn't click the link here is it's features

A small and innovative Remote Transmitter Pager with alarm and remote starter. The Millennium MAX will instantly alert you should your vehicle be violated. Remote start and monitor your vehicle up to 1/4 mile away. The bright Multi color LCD display on the Transmitter accurately monitors doors open/closed, hood and trunk open/closed, and hard impact to your vehicle.
Main Features:

Multi color LCD
Full virtual monitoring
Remote engine starter
Code protection
Starter kill circuit
Super high frequency
Up to 1/4 mile range
Aux 1.2 for additional control device
General Features:

Remote engine starter
Vehicle monitoring system
Manual transmission mode
Diesel mode
Manual transmission active/passive reserve selectable
Door lock/Door unlock
Ignition controlled door locks selectable
Arm/Disarm
Active/Passive Arming selectable
Valet mode
Dome light supervision
Status LCD warning light
Starter kill circuit
Current detector circuit
Silent mode
Dual shock sensor
Cold start/Reserve start
Panic
Vehicle find
Parking/Driving time indicator
Warm-up time adjustment mode
Turbo mode
Remote trunk release
Four car operating
Dimension: 63x38x18mm
Weight w/battery: 42g

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
wow thats what Ive been looking for thanks...but do you have any clue what the install would be like??

I dont really like messing with wiring to much but if its pretty simple I think I could handle it

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
^^wait you want the hand brake to be engaged right, then what do you need to bypass, the e-brake has to be engaged fo it to work

ah, sorry...misread. thats just how i want it then thumbsup

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
Originally Posted by Elkal900
wow thats what Ive been looking for thanks...but do you have any clue what the install would be like??

I dont really like messing with wiring to much but if its pretty simple I think I could handle it

it def. needs to be done by a professional, mainly for two reasons: ins. and warrenty purposes, and second because it is somewhat complex(not much worse than a sound system install, just worse side-effects if you have problems).

istall should run between $60 and $80

but still, around $250 isn't a bad price for a 2-way alarm system and starter this good

Last edited by Celicaracer18; Dec 29, 2003 7:36pm.

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
I have a remote start on my car, it's ok kinda cool but also kinda pointless -- but i like it and i would never put it on a manual car, i have a friend who has a manual integra and had remote start and he started it and it was still in neutral and went right through his garage door and tore his whole front end off

I dated this blind girl once... Her name was .::. ...:. ::.:

it may be legal in 50 states but in some states it is illegal to park your car(MT) in nuetral it ahs to be in gear at atlest it is in PA

67 mustang fastback
289 v8
soon to have 5 spd

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
Originally Posted by Krayze
it may be legal in 50 states but in some states it is illegal to park your car(MT) in nuetral it ahs to be in gear at atlest it is in PA

if you have an MT, i would advise against buying it then, but that's still a gay law

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
Originally Posted by 1sweetGTS
I have a remote start on my car, it's ok kinda cool but also kinda pointless -- but i like it and i would never put it on a manual car, i have a friend who has a manual integra and had remote start and he started it and it was still in neutral and went right through his garage door and tore his whole front end off

and as for you thats the dumb as hell. i think friend was fucking lying, how the hell is car going to take off in nuetral. can anyone explain how this is possible

if you have an MT, i would advise against buying it then, but that's still a gay law
yeah its a gay law btu whatcha gonna do.

i wouldn't put remote start on a MT anyway its a lot safer to keep it in gear when parked so that would make it useless to have remote start.

now on an auto most definetly(its gets damn cold ehre in the winter)

67 mustang fastback
289 v8
soon to have 5 spd

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by 1sweetGTS

and as for you thats the dumb as hell. i think friend was fucking lying, how the hell is car going to take off in nuetral. can anyone explain how this is possible

i was wondering this also. if the car was in neutral (and the e-brake was disengaged) it would have started rolling (assuming it was an incline) the second he took his foot off the brake to park his car.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica

yeah its a gay law btu whatcha gonna do.

i wouldn't put remote start on a MT anyway its a lot safer to keep it in gear when parked so that would make it useless to have remote start.

now on an auto most definetly(its gets damn cold ehre in the winter)

it is perfectly safe to just use the handbrake assuming you are on relatively flat surface. new orleans is pefectly flat so i'm not worried about it there and my driveway isnt that much of an incline...i NEVER put my car in gear..so getting remote start would be fine for me.

hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Well what if the car was remotely started, do you still need the key to drive it off? I'm still feeling paranoid because what if it was started and someone in the neighborhood noticed it and decided to break in and just take the car...?

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by xXMaGNuSXx
Well what if the car was remotely started, do you still need the key to drive it off? I'm still feeling paranoid because what if it was started and someone in the neighborhood noticed it and decided to break in and just take the car...?

arent the chances of that happening virtually the same as you getting in your car and then being carjacked? dunno..but usually ppl start their cars while in the very near proximity of their vehicle and while walking towards it.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
yea you still need to put the key in and turn it to drive

hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT

arent the chances of that happening virtually the same as you getting in your car and then being carjacked? dunno..but usually ppl start their cars while in the very near proximity of their vehicle and while walking towards it.

Well what if you wanted to warm it up, say becuz you have a turbo? You'd have to let it sit there for a few, before you can drive it off.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica

Well what if you wanted to warm it up, say becuz you have a turbo? You'd have to let it sit there for a few, before you can drive it off.

true, but this would be the same even w/out the keyless entry, correct?

in any case, as posted 2 up..you still need to put the key in to drive.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
is this the best car alarm you can buy? i want the best!

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
ok, to answer every ones question, this is also a very sophisticated alarm as well as a starter. when you remotly start the vehicle, the doors stay locked, if any door is opened, or window broken you will know via your lcd remote. if someone is trying is trying to break in, they can't drive off without the key, but if they do try and hot wire it, if it was remotely started or not, you can push a button to kill the engine, that is a very good thing to have on any car.

you will also know if any one trys to open your hood
and as far as i know it is the best, i have done a lot of research in this are and it is the best starter/alarm i can find and for a low price.

also another good thing about a remote starter is the advantage of being able to let your car idle after you stop with out having to sit there if you have a turbo, because every one knows you need to let it spool down

intoxicated
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
intoxicated
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
hey man I install these for best buy and have one on my manual gts, works fine no problems, its a bit tricky to bypass the clutch, if you need any help or have questions just ask me

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
what alarm/remote start are you guys talking about??

1995 Toyota Celica ST
1995 Toyota Celica ST
^^^^READ

millinium max