Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#71908 Dec 22, 12:15am
2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
well guys i have a question i had my car for five months and ive put in two clutches and i just blew my second one i just want to know if anyone else has had problems with thier clutches i have a 2000 gts i have also noticed that if i put it in first and rev. it up at about 4500 rpms my car moves forward with the clutch all the way in. anyone have any insight on this after i put a new clutch in if ive actually thought about trading it in, for a (honda) lol
thanks angry confused

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
thats not supposed to happen!maybe it was an improper installation.it could also be something to do with the release bearing and preasure plate not allowing the disc to come all the way off the flywheel or maybe the flywheel has these little raised burrs(uneven rises)where excess heat built up and caused it to raise a little higher than the rest of the surface of the flywheel.i have seen it a few times in the older celicas(i would rev the car and it would move forward if the clutch is in) or the wheel will spin if the car is on stands.next time you take it down check the flywheel for it being uneven.if its uneven,when the preasure is released and the clutch disengages(moves away from the flywheel a little bit)any uneven part of the surface that is sticking up will catch onto a part of the disc and cause the wheel to turn.its not a big contact but big enough that under rpm it will eventually turn the wheel.its like turning a big wheel on a shaft,by using your finger instead of grabbing it by your hand,your finger can only move it little by little but if you continue pushing it faster and faster with your finger momentum increases and the wheel eventually turns.get an act clutch 6 puck those are nice!

HYBRID:resulting from the combination of two or more mechanically dissimilar origins!
"...... code":every man is a shadow,let him be treated as such,until proven otherwise by a show of character or code!

yep..what he said eek

i wouldn't recommend a 6-puck clutch. especially if your car is your daily driver. unless you want your left leg muscles 10x bigger than the right ones laughsilly

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Just get a TRD Japan Clutch. Strong yet not overkill. 6 puck clutch on a GT or GTS with mods is just rediculous.

well said darkstar

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
I have the JDM trd clutch and it can handle up to a 30% increase in torque!

get the RPS Max Street Clutch or the ACT Street clutch. the TRD JDM holds well, but not enough in my opinion for the price. all the clutches cost about the same, give or take a few dollars, but the ACT/RPS is more cost-efficient as the ACT holds about 233 lb/ft and RPS Max holds about 330 lb/ft, as compared to the minimal 30% holding capacity of the TRD clutch.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i didnt mean the act 6 puck with the extreme preasure plate.with the regular preasure plate it is not that bad! the 6 puck is a lot smoother than the 4 puck and because of the material and the way the disc is built it has less chances of wearing unevenly and the pucks is slightly less thick than those on other full face discs (without sacrificing durabilty)which allow the disc to really come away from the surface of the flywheel,combine that with its flatness and unsprung design allow for really clean shifts!i havent been experimenting with different clutches for years now, since act has solved a lot of "LITTLE" problems that i used to have! and i'm not just talking about celicas only,its with many other cars.
ps: 70% of the driving down here are done on hills(steep hills)and act has proven to me that it can take a beattin'
i would not mention the clutches i would not buy again winkor recomend to people but its a good day and i dont want to start a debate with everyone defending the clutch they believe in! my $.02

HYBRID:resulting from the combination of two or more mechanically dissimilar origins!
"...... code":every man is a shadow,let him be treated as such,until proven otherwise by a show of character or code!