I have had my belt tensioner replaced twice on my 01 GTS and now it is making a chirping noise again. I have read about a couple of things you can do to fix this and want some opinions and have some questions on these fixes (if your warrenty is expired) . The following fixes are:
1. Take of the tensioner and replace the grease in the bearing of the tensioner pulley.
2. Use a belt like Goodyear's Gatorback belt
3. Use AEM
4. Use belt dressing
5. Prime the belt tensioner
Questions about these fixes.
1. If belt dressing makes the squeel go away, then it would seem that the noise has nothing to do with the bearing in the tensioner pulley. Is this true?
2. If the AEM
pulley kit only comes with the Alternator pulley, what good would this do in fixing the chirping and squeeling of the belt and/or tensioner?
3. How do you take of and put on the serpentine belt?
4. Do you have to take off the left engine mount and raise the engine a couple of inches to remove the belt tensioner?
5. Can you remove the belt tensioner pulley without removing the belt tensioner?