Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Dec 21, 12:25am - #71293 
Unregistered

carbon fiber hood care

hey guys, im planning on getting the carbon fiber vis invader Hood soon but first I wanna know about maintaining a carbon fiber Hood? Would I have to watch out for water? because my friend has a carbon fiber Hood but i noticed sum water stains on it, and how do I maintain that gloss? do I have to buff it out? Am I missing anything else?
dvs1
dvs1 Dec 21, 2:20pm - #71294 

2001 Toyota Celica GT

Columbus, GA
I waxed mine before I put it on & I touch it up from time to time. I gonna clear it with 3 or 4 coats when I can get some time to shoot it. The gelcoat is o.k. but I want it to look wetter when it's clean.
The water spots are an everyday thing when the dew dries up around here. I just wipe it down a couple times between washes.
vejita_13
vejita_13 Dec 22, 3:32am - #71295 

2002 Toyota Celica GT

SACRAMENTO, CA
do carbon fiber hoods fade/crack quickly? ive seen a couple and they looked all faded (kinda greenish, and not so black), and i saw some splits in places (not from a car accident). is that normal? is there anything you can do to prevent that besides regular washing and waxing and clear coating?