New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#7082 Aug 12, 8:04pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
im not that machanically inclined when it comes to my car, i've done a lot of custom stuff, like neons, painting, did my system on my own, but when it comes my oil changes, id rather opt to pay the $20 every few thousand miles to have someone else do it, i usually go to chevron, they do it pretty well, but i as thinking ofcheckin out another place, where does everyone else go? i have a cai so im afraid to go to toyota and b redflagged and have my warrenty voided, so ya any ideas?

#7083 Aug 12, 8:37pm
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I go to the dealers. I have 62K on my car. My warranty is long gone. Hahhahaha...

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I get my done at the Toyota dealer and my Toyota dealer hasn't said anything about it. It just depends on the Toyota dealer, mine seems to be cool about the stuff. thumbsup

[ 08-12-2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: MidnightKraze ]

'03 Evolution VIII
'89 240SX Coupe 5spd Future: Red Top SR20DET

I'm not sure about the warranty, but with my dealer here, they said I can have anything on it, but no Turbo, and the SC must be by TRD. Anything else goes. Most of the time it's just some paperpusher that wants to give someone a hard time and tells you this crap. If you have to demand it in writing or goto management if they try to void your warranty.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
due to my busy schedule, i usually go to the dealer for my oil changes.. but im having a hard time trying to find a dealer that will NOT mess the rest of my car when all I ask for is an oil change...

Keyes Toyota - Lost my aftermarket rims, wheel caps. they also scraped up the inside of my engine bay and left it full of oil (if anyone has seen my engine bay, its usualy spotless!)

Glendale Toyota - They scraped up my rims on one side and tried to remove the chrome lug nuts on the other side, rerunning them

Hammer Toyota - They lost the plastic rivets that hold my engine plastics in place and wanted to charge me for new ones

...history would tell me to do my own work or to take my car to any place but the dealership... I'm looking for a new dealership to get my work done atrolleyes

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I'm a mechanic and I do my own oil changes. I suggest if you want anything done right you gotta do it yourself. I change my oil almost every month'n a half which is around 5k miles with castrol syntech and factory oil filter. my car has 50k miles on it and it runs real smooth as i haul ass at pch to work everyday. By the way, I bought my car 1yr and 3mos. ago! add it up fellas...

2000 GTS
BOMEX FRONT BUMPER
R2 SIDES (MOLDED-IN)
BUDDYCLUB BACK BUMPER
18" WHITE ADR GT SPORT

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
My uncle gives business to this place next door to my office, its Good Year. I get free oil changes because we give them a lot of business.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
ya, i go to jiffy lube, if you can watch them, be sure to, oil changes are worth the money, because
1) you dont get dirty
2) dont have to get under your car
3) dont have to dispose of the oil the special way
4) dont have to go get an oil filter and crap
5) cannot test the rest of your car parts like they do...

#7090 Sep 14, 6:16pm
well i jsut got my first oil change..took me 3 months to put on 3,000 miles and i got it done at the dealership and they didnt say anything about my intake but they always do mess up something. they put a dent in my car and it took about 20 minutes of bitching at them about it to get an appointment for them to fix it but they did for free but i would say change it yourself because thats what i plan on doing in the future

Black 02 GT
AEM cai
TRD exaust
hotshot header
TRD body kit
Tanabe sustec tower strut bar
eibach sportlines
2 JL 12w3v2's 500 watt JL amp and 300 watt amp for the pioneer insides
17" konig tantrums wrapped 215/17/45 Kumho supra ecsta 712's

What is the deal with dealerships?? I had my engine custom painted through and through, not one part on there without paint. And yes I was stupid enough to take it there... lets just say that the entire engine had to be redone. And they knocked out the bottom grille on the body kit also, but of course denied doing that. That was the one time mistake of taking the car back to the dealer. from now on I do it myself, and look no more scratches and missing stuff. Oh well.

SO GOES LIFE

I used to be lazy and take my car in for an oil change at:

Mistake #1. Walmart - They took three hours for an oil change and they didn't even change the filter; which they were supposed to. For a few days after I noticed a burning smell coming from my engine bay so I opened the hood and there was oil all over the engine block.

Mistake #2. Jiffy Lube - The coupon said $16.99 when it was all said and done I paid $37.86...wonder how that happened? But I'm too lazy to bitch out anyone.

Mistake #3. Don McGill Toyota Dealership - Everything seemed okay for a few days after the oil change and then one day while I was driving my engine light came on and smoke started coming out of my engine. Got out of my car and there was a long line of oil coming from my car. Looked under the car and there it was; or should I say there it wasn't, my oil lug nut was gone!

From now on I do it myself. It's done my way and cheaper also.

Jump and the World will rise to meet you...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I used to take my old car that i didnt like to pep boys. I used to only take my celica to the dealer. Now I change it myself, its really easy and you save urself 10 bux each time you do it.

#7094 Sep 20, 10:43pm
1985 Toyota Corolla GT
1985 Toyota Corolla GT
If youre here in the So. Cal area..

I would trust LONGO TOYOTA again.. right now its all good because I dont have a body kit or any crazy shiz..but when I took it in to get my car fixed.. I blew my head..replace my axle bearings.. i got the car back with a dent in my door with green paint.. and they try to tell me it was me.. thats BS!! then they gave me a BS 5k mile service. Im like.. to fix that dent.. it cost 20times more than a BS 5k mile service..

But one good thing about Longo is .. I have a full exhaust, intake, racing clutch.. they didnt say anything about it.. I still have factory warranty too./.

2000 GT-S - SOLD, 12/2003
1986 AE86 GT-S - STOLEN, unrecovered, 2/2004
1985 AE86 GT-S - built 4AGTE, SOLD 10/2009
2004 Camry LE, SOLD, 5/2007-10/2007
1994 GS300, 2JZGTE, HKS T04Z, 10/07-Current

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by JDMCelicaGTS:
But one good thing about Longo is .. I have a full exhaust, intake, racing clutch.. they didnt say anything about it.. I still have factory warranty too./.
i dont understand why people are worried what the dealership might say if they saw an intake in your car.

heck, I could put p0rn in the passenger side of my car and the dealership should have NO RIGHTS to open their mouth to say anything about it.

...its your car, you paid for it, you should be able to do whatever you want to do to it.

im sure the dealership will never comment about missing front license plate, dark tinted windows, blue light bulbs (or even missing light bulbs), busted tail lights/altezza, team graphics longer than 10" on the front windshield, 4pt harnesses instead of the standard 3pt (some cops bitch about this, say its not street legal... um, duh!), the hand-gun in the glove box, the empty beer cans in the back seat or even the pipe with burnt resin sitting in the cup holder.

...all this, and people are worried about a dealership mentioning something about an intake rofl

heck, for the very fact that you are making major (about) $400 A MONTH payments for 5 full years of your life to take care of a $20,000 debt to a little car dealer around the corner (the dealership)... THEY should give you the oil changes and routine maintenance for free... so that you will come back like an idiot and spend another $20,000+ with them... it seams only fair that they comp you a $20 service once every 4 months for 5 years (thats fifteen times... in 5 years its only $300)

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i completly agree, but unfortunatly, we're just the consumor, so we have no say, the reason dealers care is because things we do to our cars, such as an intake, may possibly endanger our care, i dont personally know how, all they care aboot is doing as little as possible, so if something does go wrong, on the off chance it might, they rn't responsible, but i think its all bs, i think they should stand behind there work and warrenty watever we do provided it isnt emensly moronik