Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Sirrous
Sirrous Oct 28, 3:22pm - #6986 

St Louis, Mo
Parts removal

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the tweeter covers and the cover on the side mirrior controls without taking off the whole door panel?

Sirrous
4u2envy
4u2envy Oct 28, 5:19pm - #6987 

2001 Toyota Celica GT

Charlotte, NC
if you look really close around the edges you will see slots for a screwdriver or something else to slide in and pry up...this is the way i took mine off...it is easy just be very careful...i put 2 layers of tape down right to the edge of the gap so that i would not scrath my interior up when prying them off...one more tip...if you are taking the tweeter covers off to paint them...it is a waste...it is better to leave them in the door and paint...since the tweeter cover is flexible...as soon as you push on them to get them back into the door, which take a lot of pressure...it will flex and the paint will come off in chips...that is my experience though...hope i helped

Perfection is 60' 6"...on the Black.
isaac
ECelica Admin
isaac Oct 28, 6:40pm - #6988 
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Los Angeles, CA
what 4u2envy writes is absolutely true! but I found a way around this paint delema... i either do only a few thin layers of paint, or I let the tweater covers dry for a full week before reinstalling them... OR the last method - just put them into your over on the center rack for about 3 minutes (or less)

if you messup - they are only $2.75 to replace from any toyota dealership thumbsup (again, speaking out of expierence grin )

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com
dontmesswithkram
dontmesswithkram Oct 29, 2:03am - #6989 

Irvine, CA
and the Mirror caps just come right out too. they just pop out. you dont need to take the door panel off to do so.

*2003 Black GT-S 6speed* TRD body kit, HID upgrade, clear corners, Matrix XRS shift knob, 02 tails, trd exhaust, AEM gen 2 CAI, TWM short shifter.
Ti Chuot
Ti Chuot Oct 29, 3:30am - #6990 

illinois [wat ta pho]
how you take the AC vents out?? anyone knows??

Life is like a dream...Hopefully when you wake up it isn't like mine.
isaac
ECelica Admin
isaac Oct 29, 6:04am - #6991 
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ti Chuot:
how you take the AC vents out?? anyone knows??
the correct way IS to remove your dash... the alternative is to just be ver gentel when you work on them - but the only thing that comes out is the vent doors... the assembly will NOT come out unless you pull the entire dashboard off.

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com
Ti Chuot
Ti Chuot Oct 30, 2:56pm - #6992 

illinois [wat ta pho]
- isaac -
i just want to get the vent doors to paint it. more instruction??? grin thanks a whole lot!! you're the first to respond to it, in hmmmmmm about 3 weeks??

Life is like a dream...Hopefully when you wake up it isn't like mine.