Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,577
Stephen
Specialist
Stephen Dec 18, 9:37am - #69612 
2003 Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,577
PS1 Location

I just got a little PS1 that I want to put in my car. What's a good location for this? I think it has to be on a flat surface to work well. I dunno about the glove box but there's almost room in the cubby hole on the center console. Any thoughts/suggestions?
1862399304-ps1.JPG
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,276
DJ_Curtiz
Specialist
DJ_Curtiz Dec 18, 9:45am - #69613 
2001 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,276
Orange County, CA
I ran my wires all nice to under my passenger seat, it fits perrrrrrrfect there... thumbsup

DJ CURTIZ - taking over the world one record at a time
Live life on the edge, otherwise you take up too much space.
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,307
RoMkApOmKa
Specialist
RoMkApOmKa Dec 19, 6:55am - #69614 

Specialist
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,307
Maryland USA
Originally Posted by DJ_Curtiz
I ran my wires all nice to under my passenger seat, it fits perrrrrrrfect there... thumbsup

And...How often do you play in the car... bs
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Dec 19, 7:02am - #69615 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
i would put either ps2, or xbox, ps1 is kinda old

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,276
DJ_Curtiz
Specialist
DJ_Curtiz Dec 19, 9:44am - #69616 
2001 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,276
Orange County, CA
Originally Posted by RoMkApOmKa
Originally Posted by DJ_Curtiz
I ran my wires all nice to under my passenger seat, it fits perrrrrrrfect there... thumbsup

And...How often do you play in the car... bs


why r you calling BS... do you want a pic.. I dont get u.. why would you call BS .. Why does it sound so impossible to you.. I would say I fire it up atleast once a week, specially when my friends r in my car on the way or commin home from clubs, or when im killing time... only thing BS here is you calling BS on sommin you dont know... wtf


DJ CURTIZ - taking over the world one record at a time
Live life on the edge, otherwise you take up too much space.
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 802
shox
Senior Member
shox Dec 19, 11:29am - #69617 

Senior Member
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 802
Calgary, Alberta
Originally Posted by DJ_Curtiz
Originally Posted by RoMkApOmKa
Originally Posted by DJ_Curtiz
I ran my wires all nice to under my passenger seat, it fits perrrrrrrfect there... thumbsup

And...How often do you play in the car... bs

why r you calling BS... do you want a pic.. I dont get u.. why would you call BS .. Why does it sound so impossible to you.. I would say I fire it up atleast once a week, specially when my friends r in my car on the way or commin home from clubs, or when im killing time... only thing BS here is you calling BS on sommin you dont know... wtf

Let him go, it's all good! thumbsup
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,577
Stephen
Specialist
Stephen Dec 19, 6:04pm - #69618 
2003 Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,577
I'm getting a PS2 for Christmas but I don't want to put that in the car until summer so I'm gonna toss the PS1 in for now, then the wiring will be all set up anyways.

Why would someone not want to have a little gaming in the car? confused It's cool as shit and gives you something to do when you get somewhere early or get stuck in traffic! thumbsup
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 896
element_celica
Senior Member
element_celica Dec 19, 6:32pm - #69619 

Senior Member

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 896
Michigan
Originally Posted by Stephen
I'm getting a PS2 for Christmas but I don't want to put that in the car until summer so I'm gonna toss the PS1 in for now, then the wiring will be all set up anyways.

Why would someone not want to have a little gaming in the car? confused It's cool as shit and gives you something to do when you get somewhere early or get stuck in traffic! thumbsup


or... as in f&f
playing before a big race grin

rip celi...
95 240sx
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
LostAngel
Specialist
LostAngel Dec 19, 6:42pm - #69620 
Specialist

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by element_celica
Originally Posted by Stephen
I'm getting a PS2 for Christmas but I don't want to put that in the car until summer so I'm gonna toss the PS1 in for now, then the wiring will be all set up anyways.

Why would someone not want to have a little gaming in the car? confused It's cool as shit and gives you something to do when you get somewhere early or get stuck in traffic! thumbsup


or... as in f&f
playing before a big race grin


ahaha, yeah. You woulda thought a 'great street racer' that guy was he woulda known to turn LEFT when the track went left...instead of RIGHT into a wall... confused
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 5,346
spaztikid
dikitzaps
spaztikid Dec 19, 6:49pm - #69621 
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 5,346
LA
the PS2 fits PERFECTLY where the glove box is thumbsup if you take the glove box out it slides right between the back and the clip thumbsup
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 53
MiDNiGhT_bLuE
Member
MiDNiGhT_bLuE Dec 19, 6:53pm - #69622 
2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 53
St. Louis
Originally Posted by spaztikid
the PS2 fits PERFECTLY where the glove box is thumbsup if you take the glove box out it slides right between the back and the clip thumbsup

any pix?
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,577
Stephen
Specialist
Stephen Dec 19, 7:00pm - #69623 
2003 Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,577
Yah, any pics? If anyone wants to see a huge ass glove box, check out the new Mazda 3. There's room for an XBox and a 12 pack of beer in that thing!

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Dec 20, 1:49am - #69624 
Unregistered



i have my PS2 under the glove compartment...its held there my "L" mounting brackets
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 254
MxReb0
Member
MxReb0 Dec 20, 2:36am - #69625 

Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 254
Raleigh & Charlotte, NC
I think under the passanger seat is good.

MAKE YOUR TIME
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,007
isaac
ECelica Admin
isaac Dec 20, 2:49am - #69626 
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,007
Los Angeles, CA
mine is just sitting on the rear passenger seat with a black towel over the whole thing... the PSX fit perfectly back there and I don't really have to worry about joystick cords all over the place - just put them back on top of the PSX when I'm down and then re-cover everything with the towel again thumbsup

The electricity is coming from an inverter stored under the passenger seat and everything is hard-wired down the passenger edge of the rear seat, under the rear floor mat and up through to the center console where the red seat-belt fastener is located (so basically, everything is hidden grin)

keeping on the backseat is great because I can take it out of the car any time... for $10, I picked up a second set of cables from the video-game store.. and I can just unplug the PSX from the car and plug it back in at my house if I wanna play some game or whatever during half-time of the game or when friends are over thumbsup

And no room is lost with this setup, because if friends want to sit in the back, I just unhook the PSX and toss it into the trunk - seating is instantly restored spineyes

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Dec 21, 12:05am - #69627 
Unregistered



Originally Posted by isaac
mine is just sitting on the rear passenger seat with a black towel over the whole thing... the PSX fit perfectly back there and I don't really have to worry about joystick cords all over the place - just put them back on top of the PSX when I'm down and then re-cover everything with the towel again thumbsup

The electricity is coming from an inverter stored under the passenger seat and everything is hard-wired down the passenger edge of the rear seat, under the rear floor mat and up through to the center console where the red seat-belt fastener is located (so basically, everything is hidden grin)

keeping on the backseat is great because I can take it out of the car any time... for $10, I picked up a second set of cables from the video-game store.. and I can just unplug the PSX from the car and plug it back in at my house if I wanna play some game or whatever during half-time of the game or when friends are over thumbsup

And no room is lost with this setup, because if friends want to sit in the back, I just unhook the PSX and toss it into the trunk - seating is instantly restored spineyes

hey Isaac did you hard-wire your inverter? how did you do it? I need my cig lighter for other things and I wanna hard-wire the inverter...would I hard-wire it like an interior neon? my inverters under the passenger seat too
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 825
hkysk8r86
Senior Member
hkysk8r86 Dec 21, 1:10am - #69628 

Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 825
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
my friend did a neat conversion in his celica for his x-box. he completely took the x-box apart and took the main components and put them into a mount in the glove box, cut a spot for the cd drawer in the front of the glovebox itself, then made a custom run tube from the far right air vent so that when he turns on his AC, he can use that as the cooling fan instead of the one that came w/ the x-box. it works awesome! and it looks good too!
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,367
10celica10
Who's yo Daddy?
10celica10 Dec 21, 6:00am - #69629 
2000 Silver Toyota Celica GT
Who's yo Daddy?
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,367
Tacoma/Seattle, WA
what did you do for sound? did you add an fm modulator so it can go through the speakers! im goin to do that as soon as i get my screen. also...does anybody know of a great place to get a 7inch screen. one more thing...when getting a screen do you need to have certain inputs? any reply is appreciated! thanks
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 56
Vital
Member
Vital Dec 22, 1:35am - #69630 

Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 56
Ontario, Canada
Darkside, do you have an amp installed already?

Does your inverter have posts or cig lighter adapter only?

If you have posts, you can use a distribution block and run some nice 8 gauge to your inverter tongue

That's what I did, wasn't getting enough juice to the trunk with mere primary wire.
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016