Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Hi.

I'm the owner of a Celica '00 GT and I 've been searching for a while for a performance tuning for my car however I hadn't found anything satisfactory up until now. I went to a local garage the other day and asked the guys over there what they would suggest for my car. They said that they could put a turbo to the car which would be at 1.6-1.7 bar pressure and would give out 260-270 bhp (to the crank). The cost was around 8000 euros and it included all the mechanical parts that would be needed (turbo, intercooler, pipings e.t.c.), engine internals, management and also labour. I can't remember if the price included transmission enchanhing though, but I think it did.

Also, some other guy at another garage said that he could put a turbo (Garett T2.5) at 0.9 bar pressure which would yield 200 bhp to the crank. The price is 6000 euros and it includes all the parts needed, transmission parts change and labour (I'm not sure about the engine internals).

Which of the two kits would you guys believe would be most suitable for my car ? I like the 260 bhp conversion better because that's a helluva horsepower for the car and also the mechanic sounded more serious and responsible than the 2nd one, however I am in doubt whether such a horsepower would be 100% utilized by the car (since it's a FWD)...

I would appreciate some thoughts...

Thanks in advance.

P.S. : Sorry if my terminology is not 100% accurate but since english is not my main langauge, I'm not accustomed to the english automotive jargon.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Honestly since we don't have all the exact info I'd say go with something like Staffords GT kit.

What info do you guys need ? I will visit them both within a couple weeks cause I also need to clarify some things...

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Well exact parts etc. Quality in turbo kits is a huge thing. Honestly I'd say unless you know the shops work and have talked to people who have had their celicas in that particular shop, then you are much better off going with a turbo kit from a reputable company. There are a few out for the GT currently.

1996 Geo Prizm
1996 Geo Prizm
Originally Posted by iparout
What info do you guys need ? I will visit them both within a couple weeks cause I also need to clarify some things...
can you tell us how much the t dyno'd out to be with the stanford turbo?

I am going to put Turbo in My 200 GT Celica, but I don't want to make any big changes in engine. So I am going to mount low preasure Turbo with max preasure @ 0.5bar
It will give me 196hp @ 260Nm and aceleration impoverd from 8.9 to 6.5 sec for 0-100 km/h.

I am going to mount that in Polang as there is already a Tuning Comany that have done that on their car for over a year ago.

It is no problem to get meny hp for GT engine but if you want to run more then max 0.5bar then you have to start chenging parts in the engine.

but I will be happy with 196hp and that my Turbo (ZT-Sport) GT will be faster then stock made GTS smile

2000 Toyota Celica GT

I will hopefully be able to learn all the details in 8 days time from now and I'll keep you all posted.

What bothers me most though is that the 1st guy told me about pressure at around 1.6 bar which will only yield 260 hp (to the crank). Honestly, I believe that 1.6 bar is not actually needed to achieve such horsepower. I've seen a turbo GT which was able to yield 300hp (!) running only at 1.2 bar... That car had a 0-100 km in 7.9 seconds, and 0-160 km in 15ish. I know that the time for the 0-100 is quite big for that kind of horsepower, but believe me, the roads are all shitty here in Greece and the car must have had SERIOUS traction problems. Thus I do not actually know if my car will be able to benefit much from 260 hp, compared to the 200 hp solution which is also 200 euros cheaper.

Last edited by iparout; Dec 14, 2003 1:21pm.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Hi.

I'm the owner of a Celica '00 GT and I 've been searching for a while for a performance tuning for my car however I hadn't found anything satisfactory up until now. I went to a local garage the other day and asked the guys over there what they would suggest for my car. They said that they could put a turbo to the car which would be at 1.6-1.7 bar pressure and would give out 260-270 bhp (to the crank). The cost was around 8000 euros and it included all the mechanical parts that would be needed (turbo, intercooler, pipings e.t.c.), engine internals, management and also labour. I can't remember if the price included transmission enchanhing though, but I think it did.

TOTAL BS. A CELI WITH 1,5 BAR MAKES ~300WHP MINE MAKED 255 WHP AT 0,9 BAR

Also, some other guy at another garage said that he could put a turbo (Garett T2.5) at 0.9 bar pressure which would yield 200 bhp to the crank. The price is 6000 euros and it includes all the parts needed, transmission parts change and labour (I'm not sure about the engine internals).

AGAIN 200 BHP IS ~0,4 BAR AND NEED NO INTERNALS.

Which of the two kits would you guys believe would be most suitable for my car ? I like the 260 bhp conversion better because that's a helluva horsepower for the car and also the mechanic sounded more serious and responsible than the 2nd one, however I am in doubt whether such a horsepower would be 100% utilized by the car (since it's a FWD)...

I would appreciate some thoughts...

Thanks in advance.

P.S. : Sorry if my terminology is not 100% accurate but since english is not my main langauge, I'm not accustomed to the english automotive jargon.

IF YOU WANT I CAN HELP YOU TO MAKE 300 WHP, MY CURRENT KIT (3RD ONE) MAKES ~300WHP AT 1,3 BAR, BUT THIS ONE IS JUST A PROTOTYPE AND UNDER TESTING. I CAN PROMISE 255WHP FOR SURE, BUT YOU NEED INTERNALS AS WELL AS INJECTORS,ECU,BOV,BC,BIG IC,. WE USE CROWER RODS WISECO 8.8 PISTONS, AND GREDDY FUEL MANAGEMENT AND K04 TURBO TILL THAT POWER.

german forum and pics, we done my st2 kit to a Dutch buddy and doing some to Germany [celica-community.de]

255 whp video in sixth gear (no vvti) [c2design.hu]

turbo DYNO with VVTI malfunction [c2design.hu]

[Linked Image from c2design.hu]

Last edited by c2gas; Dec 14, 2003 1:31pm.

Originally Posted by c2gas
IF YOU WANT I CAN HELP YOU TO MAKE 300 WHP, MY CURRENT KIT (3RD ONE) MAKES ~300WHP AT 1,3 BAR, BUT THIS ONE IS JUST A PROTOTYPE AND UNDER TESTING. I CAN PROMISE 255WHP FOR SURE, BUT YOU NEED INTERNALS AS WELL AS INJECTORS,ECU,BOV,BC,BIG IC,. WE USE CROWER RODS WISECO 8.8 PISTONS, AND GREDDY FUEL MANAGEMENT AND K04 TURBO TILL THAT POWER.

turbo DYNO with VVTI malfunction [c2design.hu]

How much for the whole kit (turbo, IC, internals, management e.t.c) ? And also, since I am from Greece, how much time will it take you to ship the kit if requested ? Oh and finally, at which RPM does the turbo kick in and how much do you need to drop the compression from 10:1 in order to achieve that king of horsepower ?

However, to be honest, the hp diagram isn't what I was expecting. It drops quite rapidly after 6800 rpm.

Last edited by iparout; Dec 14, 2003 1:48pm.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
We ask 3200eu for the basic 200hp kit with installation, and 6000eu for the st2 with installation. But then you have to come over. We can only sell it to you in jan due the end of the year.
If you want to have it installed locally then we sell:
-piping
-turbo
-manifold
-ic
-oil and water lines, fittings
-and support installing information

You have to order to your home:
-wiseco 8.8 pistons
-crower rods
-greddy fuel management and boost controll
-we support installing info and where from
so in this case we just charge the kit we sell to you, also installation costs are taken off from price. that is 2500eu + shipping and your taxes

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
However, to be honest, the hp diagram isn't what I was expecting. It drops wuite rapidly after 6800 rpm.

As I written it had a vvti malfunction- VVTI WAS UNPLUGGED!!!
But for feedback ask BING in NC.org. He came over and hgad his kit installed in a week. He has the same hp and happy with it.

Last edited by c2gas; Dec 14, 2003 1:49pm.

Was the malfunction caused by the turbo kit ?

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Was the malfunction caused by the turbo kit ?

Was cosed by Greddy, we thought that it can controll the vvti and connected it, but it just has an on-off signal so it can controll the vvt-L on the gts. If you check the video you also cam see the cel was on. It was the same thing ( vvti malfunction). Also cos of this the max speed `only` was 245 km/h ( power dropperd dramatically)

Last edited by c2gas; Dec 14, 2003 1:57pm.

I will definately have your kit in mind. I'll just have to check the other two kits as well here and if I decide to buy yours I'll let you know.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I will definately have your kit in mind. I'll just have to check the other two kits as well here and if I decide to buy yours I'll let you know.

No Problem.

BTW, are you absolutely sure that no internals are needed for 200 bhp ? How many cars have you made with 200 bhp and stock internals ? How many km have they run the kit for ? Everyone I asked told me that in order to achieve 200 bhp and be reliable, the car should have new internals.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
BTW, are you absolutely sure that no internals are needed for 200 bhp ? How many cars have you made with 200 bhp and stock internals ? How many km have they run the kit for ? Everyone I asked told me that in order to achieve 200 bhp and be reliable, the car should have new internals.
HEHE. Good question! If you ask me persomally, any turboed car should have internals, but since DD "sells" his kit no internals I see no reason to be affraid of 200bhp w/o internals.

Last edited by c2gas; Dec 14, 2003 2:20pm.