Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Dec 9, 11:25pm - #67236 
Unregistered

wires

Is there a special way to count wire numbers? I want to disable my DRLs and i have to find wire 17 but i dont know how to count wires.
Speed4TheNeed
Caleb
Speed4TheNeed Dec 9, 11:36pm - #67237 

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica

New Orleans, LA
there is a "wire guide" in the tech info of this site..but if you can understand it you're a genius.

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Dec 9, 11:51pm - #67238 
Unregistered

Then can anyone tell me what wire it is. Like how many down and on the left or right side. I have an 03 auto.
DiabloGTS
Wheezy Joe
DiabloGTS Dec 9, 11:55pm - #67239 

Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Lafayette, LA
Once you have it unplugged, you will want to cut wire #17. This wire is Yellowish with a green stripe. You will want to cut it about a inch or two away from the harness connector, so you can reattach it if you sell the car, etc

To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation
To know even one life has breathed easier
This is to have succeeded.
MxReb0
MxReb0 Dec 10, 3:26am - #67240 

2000 Toyota Celica

Raleigh & Charlotte, NC
Looks like this, minus those round green wire crimps.
I tried to put a switch on. It can't be done this way.
1862388556-dscn0102.jpg

MAKE YOUR TIME

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Dec 10, 3:33am - #67241 
Unregistered

I got it. I just started cutting the yellow wires and reconnected the ones that weren't it. But is there a way to put a switch on DRLs. Its a nice feature but it just pisses me off sometimes when you cant turn them off.
MxReb0
MxReb0 Dec 10, 4:58am - #67242 

2000 Toyota Celica

Raleigh & Charlotte, NC
Yeah, it is annoying that you can't turn them off. Like when you're pulling out of someone's driveway really late, and you don't want to disturb their parents.
I reconnected mine because I really enjoy being lazy about turning them on and never having to worry about leaving them on at night (awesome feature!).
To make a switch, it would have to go straight to the relay. It probably is one of those wires in there going to the fuse box.
afaik, that yellow-green wire is a controll wire that goes high the first time the parking break goes down after the car starts and stays high. DRL is active as long as that signal is high. It stays high as long as the car is on, even if disconected.

MAKE YOUR TIME