Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#6399 Nov 25, 6:19pm
2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
i posted a topic about my dealership raping me in the price but now i got another question. by "exhaust" i expected a little more than just the muffler and tip. i was expecting everything past the header. this is my first time putting on a new exhaust and im just curious. if im asking a dumb question feel free to laugh. should i of gotten more? what more should i do to my exhaust? its just not loud enough.

http://www.newcelica.org/other/installs/trdexhaust/index.htm TRD starts after converter. You got riped off!! If it's not loud enough get TRD Kazuma Thats freaking loud. Also adds the most HP of any exaust.

(Celica GT-S just drive it) it's my sickness

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
according to that website, i got everything i paid for. why do you feel i got ripped off? also ive never heard of trd kazuma. i already got this one installed so i guess its kind of late. wish i would of known that before..

[ 11-25-2002, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: eNinja ]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I wouldn't feel bad about missing out on kazuma. While it may offer a little, and I emphasize little, more power, it is loud enough to be illegal in most states and really to loud to be used for daily driving.

I will admit there are some who are into the who extreme volume thing and love their very loud cars, i personally like the dull roar of the TRD a lot better.

just a thought

#6403 Nov 26, 4:59pm
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
The TRD exhaust as far as sound is one of the most conservative exhausts on the market. The TRD KAZUMA, however, is one of the loudest on the market outside of unbolting your exhaust.
What did you pay for your exhaust? anywhere in the neighborhood of $480-600??? If so, thats a good deal, but next time, before slapping on a $500 dollar mod on a $20,000 car, I would do some homework as far what that mod can do for your car!! You can do that homework RIGHT here on our website!!!
Hope that helps
steven

Originally posted by eNinja:
i posted a topic about my dealership raping me in the price but now i got another question. by "exhaust" i expected a little more than just the muffler and tip. i was expecting everything past the header. this is my first time putting on a new exhaust and im just curious. if im asking a dumb question feel free to laugh. should i of gotten more? what more should i do to my exhaust? its just not loud enough.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
I forgot to add that the TRD exhaust also puts down the best numbers as far as HP and Torque are concerned. It is also CARB approved! you can't beat that!

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Originally posted by Steven:
I forgot to add that the TRD exhaust also puts down the best numbers as far as HP and Torque are concerned. It is also CARB approved! you can't beat that!
true dat, true dat thumbsup thumbsup

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
actually i did a ton of homework (and its a 25,000 dollar car [Razz] ) on this site before purchasing my exhaust. i got trd because of the numbers it produced. i even downloaded sound clips of the exhausts and trd sounded a lot louder in the clip than it does on my car [Razz] youre right tho, the sound is very nice. everyone compliments me becuase it doesnt sound like a go cart on crack. i think i just need to take out the cat converter and mess with the rest of the exhaust and make it a few decibles louder. i payed 580 for it. i could of gotten it cheaper tho.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Saying that you did a $500 mod on a $20,000 was an analogy. smile I heard that over time as you "break in" your TRD exhaust it will get louder... I think thats the same with any exhaust... thumbsup

Originally posted by eNinja:
actually i did a ton of homework (and its a 25,000 dollar car [Razz] ) on this site before purchasing my exhaust. i got trd because of the numbers it produced. i even downloaded sound clips of the exhausts and trd sounded a lot louder in the clip than it does on my car [Razz] youre right tho, the sound is very nice. everyone compliments me becuase it doesnt sound like a go cart on crack. i think i just need to take out the cat converter and mess with the rest of the exhaust and make it a few decibles louder. i payed 580 for it. i could of gotten it cheaper tho.

[ 11-26-2002, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Steven ]

yea i love my trd exaust, it was completely worth the money i spent, i hate loud exhaust.

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
You went the correct route man, TRD is sweet, the kazuma is kind of annoying to some people...It just sound like a straight pipe to me...and for only one or to more hp difference. Stick w/ the TRD you got.

Hope I didnt afend anybody, Its just an opinion.

[ 11-28-2002, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: redracer ]

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
so what does everyone think about removing the catalic converter? (i know its illegal) i dont think ill get in trouble where i live tho. and do i have a resinator? i thought i removed the stock resinator and put in the trd to replace it. whats your guys opinion on making it louder? whats the best way? illegal or not. i want it to sound good and loud at the same time. (and by loud i dont mean kazuma, maybe like greddy or something?)