Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#63171 Nov 26, 7:08am

Are Toyota planning on bringing out a new Celica!?

And also are they going to do a Supra!?

If so when!?

Ooops didnt read this post:

https://celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/thread.f_251160_0_collapsed_5__1.html

Wot about Supra though!?

Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
isaac coded a very nice feature into this site.

You should use it instead of posting a new thread, and if you don't find anything, then post a new thread.

251634-search.jpg

To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation
To know even one life has breathed easier
This is to have succeeded.

Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
wow, I searched and found this:

https://celicahobby.com/ubbthrea...part=1&vc=1

and sung with exultation

owned
your an asshole rofl
anyways, they were supposed to unveil a new supra (from rumors i heard/read) at the tokyo auto show in october,but didnt

Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
Originally Posted by dennis
owned
your an asshole rofl
anyways, they were supposed to unveil a new supra (from rumors i heard/read) at the tokyo auto show in october,but didnt

I'm sick of people not searching for stuff.

It fills up this and other sections where information is needed, and they just shove the useful stuff down the page.

If eceli.com crew wanted a new post for every question, they wouldn't have implemented the search feature. deal

and sung with exultation

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
me, i'm glad no new celica is coming out...at least maybe i'll get some resale on mine when its time to go 350 or g35 (celicas days are #'d)

for the supra though..its sad. toyota should at least make something to compete with the nsx and rx-8. to not do so makes toyota look like its taking a back seat to performance which (for me at least) means less bragging rights for driving a toyota.

p.s. not really looking for a response to this..but i think if diablo was really concerned about space saving..he could have just combined his 3 posts that say essentially the same thing into one nice post.

that said, diablo (murcielago barchetta, whatever..or is it the game??? anyway) has plenty more posts than i so thats all i'm going to say. not trying to pick fights. thumbsup

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by DiabloGTS
owned
your an asshole rofl

It fills up this and other sections where information is needed, and they just shove the useful stuff down the page.

If eceli.com crew wanted a new post for every question, they wouldn't have implemented the search feature. deal

Yea what he said! my favorite one is which CAI is better injen or aem?

"They don't make no seatbelt for the mind. So I can't buckle up for this ride!"

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
nothing about the supra.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
owned
your an asshole rofl

Honestly though I find a lot of times when searching you don't find the answers as specific as you would like. Though yes some question like which intake is better is a one that can be searched.

1996 Geo Prizm
1996 Geo Prizm
I talked to the dealer about the new supra and they said that it's coming out in 2005

isaac coded a very nice feature into this site.

You should use it instead of posting a new thread, and if you don't find anything, then post a new thread.

Get a life dick bag!!

owned
your an asshole rofl

If I hadnt asked the question LinkTallica wouldnt have gave us this useful information!!

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
angry ONE more BASH in this thread and everyone can consider it closed thumbsdown

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Whenever Isaac posts, I always read it and think in my head of the voice from the Wizard of Oz. "THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE OZ HAS SPOKEN!" Lol, anyway, I sent Toyota an email about why they have not designed a new supra and what they're going to do about the 350Z and the RX-8. Should be interesting to see if I even get a reply. I'll post it if I do.

[Linked Image]

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Mike00
owned
your an asshole rofl

Honestly though I find a lot of times when searching you don't find the answers as specific as you would like. Though yes some question like which intake is better is a one that can be searched.

true that

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX
Whenever Isaac posts, I always read it and think in my head of the voice from the Wizard of Oz. "THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE OZ HAS SPOKEN!" Lol, anyway, I sent Toyota an email about why they have not designed a new supra and what they're going to do about the 350Z and the RX-8. Should be interesting to see if I even get a reply. I'll post it if I do.

lets hope they respond..but i doubt it. i'll keep my fingers crossed though thumbsup

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
Individual contacts to Toyota will only go so far...

If, say, Ecelica, NC.Org, and all the other celica sites were to pool their clout and send in a petition NOW, we may help toyota see the light, and get them to reconsider this possible mistake toyota is making, after all, we are the enthusiasts, and their potential buyers. If we are serious enthusiasts, we have to strike while the iron is hot.

it worked with the nissan Z's, and it really worked with the Mustang, Mustang enthusiasts have kept that car afloat for the longest time. that's why mustangs still have v8's, and is the longest running, most produced domestic car. While the F-body has now faded off into oblivion, and the camaro/firebird are now just a memory, the mustang still rolls off assembly lines; and if you've seen what the next gen mustang looks like, and the features it will have, you will be able to tell that the enthusiast's market has some serious pull with manufacturers.

We should write a form letter that states our mission statement: We want the celica to continue to be sold in the USA, We want the car to return to it's performance roots, and wold appreciate more aftermarket support for our vehicles. While Honda, Acura, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Mazda and Nissan are all catering to their buyers in one form or another, we feel like we are being left out in the cold in favor of a new, weaker nameplate (scion) and that Toyota enthusiasts are taking a back seat to everyone else. In other words, we no longer feel satisfied with the way toyota has been doing things lately. We may even want to threaten them with switching to another manufacturer if these trends don't change.

If their customer base shows them that they mean buisness, they will have little choice but to give in to our demands, otherwise, they won't be selling as many cars, and they will end up losing a good chunk of their consumer base to other brands.

Have every member, of every celica, matrix, supra and MR2 site sign the petition, posting the year and model of thei car(s). A show of force is what is needed here, guys.

You have to ask yourself this: is your car going to go the way of the Camaro and Firebird, or will it become a legend like the Mustang or Z?

Last edited by Rave669; Nov 29, 2003 3:49pm.

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
^^petitioning to tell them to keep or make something isn't going to determine whether the car they produce will sell or not. The new Scion line is Toyota's new ticket for sales imo, despite performance.

2000 Toyota Corolla
2000 Toyota Corolla
Yeah, Scions suck for performance, but they can be modded pretty much the same way you can mod a Civic or a Supra, that was the basic idea, basic engine, and send one of each model to each car tuner and get them to make performance parts, part of Toyotas youth movement...sport compacts work better than coupes. Yeah, I hate that too.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Well, I'm gonna see what kind of response I get from them. After that, I'd be up for organizing a mass petition. We'll just have to see how it goes.

[Linked Image]

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
although toyota is initially focussing some attention on scion to get it on its feet (i dont know how that will go cause scioin has yet to make anything that even looks halfway buyable...personally i think they look worse than garbage and the performance smells even worse) but eventually it will function much like lexus (under toyota but very much independent)

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
I doubt that last bit, scion is being marketed to youth-oriented buyers. Lexus already fills that luxury void. the youth market was already covered by celica, corolla and matrix. I fail to see their logic in starting up another nameplate when the old one did the same thing, only they had the reputation and heiritage there to add to the buyer's incentive. IMHO, I think toyota is making a risky move in regards to the creation of Scion (they could've always just released the xA as a low-trim matrix, and the xB as another toyota model) Geo was initially an offshoot of Chevy, to release low-end cars, and it eventually backfired on them. While the xB has captured the imagination of the tuner market in regards to ICE installs, the xA has had very little attention in the magazines.

Toyota should tread lightly, they may end up burning more bridges than they build.

I just hate the fact that toyota is shifting to other nameplates rather than being attentive to their existing customer base.

Last edited by Rave669; Nov 30, 2003 5:43pm.

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ohboy this threads

[Linked Image]

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Rave669
I doubt that last bit, scion is being marketed to youth-oriented buyers. Lexus already fills that luxury void. the youth market was already covered by celica, corolla and matrix. I fail to see their logic in starting up another nameplate when the old one did the same thing, only they had the reputation and heiritage there to add to the buyer's incentive. IMHO, I think toyota is making a risky move in regards to the creation of Scion (they could've always just released the xA as a low-trim matrix, and the xB as another toyota model) Geo was initially an offshoot of Chevy, to release low-end cars, and it eventually backfired on them. While the xB has captured the imagination of the tuner market in regards to ICE installs, the xA has had very little attention in the magazines.

Toyota should tread lightly, they may end up burning more bridges than they build.

I just hate the fact that toyota is shifting to other nameplates rather than being attentive to their existing customer base.

ditto on risky. imo scion sucks pretty bad. what i was saying is that toyota wants scion to be its own brand and once (if) it gets on its own feet it will function as its own company (independent) thumbsup

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by VSGTS14
Originally Posted by Vampyre
Celica is going to be obsolete in '05 or '06.

Supra was apperantly pulled from a show in Japan just before it was unveiled, it apperantly looked similiar to the new NSX replacement so Toyota wanted to alter a few things. So I had read. The new Supra should hopefully be out some time in '04 if we are super lucky, but possibly '05. Said to be a V8, naturally aspirated.. no word on a turbo yet.

we have gone over this many times - you're a new memeber so if you search, there are many supra topics.
But what you just said is wrong..Toyota has NO plans right now for a new sports car (supra)
They said they will figure it out in 3-5 years or so.

ditto thumbsup

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd
you cannot say the Scion is bad because the car is only available in one state - California.

Who knows how the car will sell...but from what I have seen and how i feel and how I have seen people's reactions - the car is going to sell pretty good at a steady pace, maybe more..we don't know yet

aaaah, anyway. again, i'm not trying to start anything but i think that i can say a car is bad even if i can't actually buy it. i think a lamborghini would be great. have i driven one, no. can i afford one, no. will i ever drive/own/afford one? most probably not. me, i think the scions are as ugly as sin. the xa and xb look like someone had a bad dream. the performance is absolutely awful. that said, it doesnt mean they won't sell (maybe, just maybe they may sell good...its got a cheap enough price)--it just means whoever buys one definately won't be me.

one thing is for sure...i can definately say i don't like a car. thats what an opinion is anyway.

reword what you say next time - when you say "bad" that can cover just about anything (sales, looks, people opinion).
So, the reason is you "do not like it" because's it bad in the ways you mentioned. You didn't say that before. grin

my original quote was "imo (in my opinion) scion sucks pretty bad". i really fail to see what needs to be reworded here. i dont like the name, i don't like the look, i don't like the performance, i dont like anything about it except for the dirt cheap price (which can also mean bad). its just plain out b-a-d.

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
ok.

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Hm, I read not too long ago that there was a recent show where what I described above happend, perhaps it was a rumor, and there have been tons of rumors about the Supra for a couple years now. I use to be on www.supraforums.com [supraforums.com] a lot before I bought my Celica.

There are concepts on art flying left and right online and scanned images from magazines and a number of other things.

~* Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep *~
- Nocturnal Supremacy -

1964 Chrysler 300
1964 Chrysler 300
owned
your an asshole rofl

Yo Diablo CelicaV is a new member mabey thats why the person did not know how to find posts or mabey a little slow who knows but gusse what: Merry X-mas Dennis and CelicaV santa has somthing for you:
1862383755-Wannabuyavowel15.jpg

Last edited by Mangler; Dec 5, 2003 9:20pm.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
true that. i'm sure he knows now though.