Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hi, if you want to lowering your car, which one you will go? Coilovers kit or Lowering spring? And what are the differences of those two? confused

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I would go with lowering springs because coilovers mess up the suspension fast. That's what some people say.

[ 06-11-2002, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: MidnightKraze ]

'03 Evolution VIII
'89 240SX Coupe 5spd Future: Red Top SR20DET

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
spring is not adjustible. It will drop you a certain hieght and thats it. If you get coilovers you will be able to change the hieght, so if you want to be able change the ride hieght go with the coilovers. About the coilovers messing up the suspension fast, i think that is only because that is with stock shocks, if you get springs that drop enough, they will mess up stock shocks as well. Hope this helped thumbsup

02 Toyota Celica GT
02 Toyota Celica GT
yeah lots of people told me that it wears out your stock shocks fast.. and also.. the ride is a little bouncy with coilovers.. thats why i didnt buy the ground controls.. now im gonna get eiback sportline or pro kit... i hear the ride is nice with just springs.. and especialy eibach (yes eibach makes ground controls.. but i heard the ride wasnt as good as just springs)

Team Shoganai...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i got tein coilovers and i love them, they are a lot better than springs (i used to have trd springs), the ride is not terribly bouncy since you can set it either soft or hard. if i were to do it again id still get the tein's.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
High end Coilover are exceptions, if it is not more than $700 for the coilover they are not that good. Regarding adjustments on coilovers... usually people do not adjust them after they get them dialed in, so adjustment is not a plus.