Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#6007 Sep 21, 12:33am
Anyone out there use nitrous? if so, could you recommend a good (whole nitrous system) for me? and what the estimated cost to buy it and has it install. And which is better? wet or dry shot? which will mess up my engine real bad? And lastly how much does it cost to get a coilover springs (OBX) install? thanks!

Life is like a dream...Hopefully when you wake up it isn't like mine.

the obx coilover sleeve install shouldn't cost more than 100 bux, if you can find someone to install for about 60, that would be a good deal. however, if you haven't purchased the obx coilover sleeves yet, don't get them. they are crap, you get what you pay for. either get eibach, trd, hotchkis or h&r springs or save up for the full tein coilover setup.

full tein coilover setup? got a link to where I can buy them? get them install @ $60 to $100? damnn where you live? I went to Meineke and they want almost $260 for it. well thanks for all the info!

Paid $240 for an install on my TRD springs. It's going to cost that about anywhere, honestly.

Dude, you guys seriously overpaid!! I can get springs installed for 60-100 bux!! I also install springs for ppl for 50 bux!! It's not hard work, just time consuming. I would assume that places over there that know how to install springs are less so of course the price is higher, but dang...$240 for trd spring install...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
ouch! 240 bux?? I payed 60 bux to get mine installed too

#6013 Sep 26, 11:31am
02 Toyota Celica GT
02 Toyota Celica GT
240 for install? ouch! my girlfriend more or less did it herself. (dont you guys feel less manly?) hehe

Team Shoganai...

02 Toyota Celica GT
02 Toyota Celica GT
oh yeah.. as for the nitrous.. NOS seems to be a reputable brand and there is also nitrous express which seems to be very popular on Newcelica.org. you can find NX kits on ebay for around 400-500 dollars i dunno how much online or at stores. and as for NOS i went to a local shop which was recommended by all my friends and they wanted like 575 for my car. keep in mind this does not include install.

Team Shoganai...

your girlfriend did it by herself? if so, with what kind of tools? I don't believe a thing you typed hi lo silver. my brother said he can do it, though i'm not going to let him touch my baby. I don't trust the guy when it comes to car.

02 Toyota Celica GT
02 Toyota Celica GT
well she did it on her lude. just got the compressor from kragen. and used various sockets that i had. and just the tools in the trunk. i dunno if celicas need anything else. but thats what she used.

Team Shoganai...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have the NX kit and love it. I have a GTS and run a 50 shot. Just make sure you buy the right spark plugs before you try it...(better safe than sorry).

Originally posted by TRDeez Nutz:
I have the NX kit and love it. I have a GTS and run a 50 shot. Just make sure you buy the right spark plugs before you try it...(better safe than sorry).
how much you got your for? installation too? and right spark plugs? what happen if i got the wrong kind? mess up my engine or what? and what kind of spark plugs you use?

Originally posted by hi ho silver:
well she did it on her lude. just got the compressor from kragen. and used various sockets that i had. and just the tools in the trunk. i dunno if celicas need anything else. but thats what she used.
compressor from kragen? she buys it from kragen? for how much? but still i dont' believe you. but if that's truth then let's go w/ that grin . BTW your girl must be hell of a woman, i probably don't wanna fuck w/ her that's for sure thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by Ti Chuot:
how much you got your for? installation too? and right spark plugs? what happen if i got the wrong kind? mess up my engine or what? and what kind of spark plugs you use?
1 - NX's single stage EFI Wet Kit is around $525 shipped.
2 - I installed it myself.
3 - Correct spark plugs for 50 shot: Denso IK22 for GTS and IK20 for GT
4 - Wrong plugs = Detonation = Bad

I think newcelica.org has a sticky posted thats kinda like nitrous 101 in their forced induction forum.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
well to borrow the compressor from kragen its free. just a 55 dollar deposit. ok ok you got me.. my girlfriend didnt do ALL of it.. she did half.. beacause when she did one fron my friend did the other.. and same with the back. just trying to get you to save 240 or so dollars. hehe. oh btw some dood from ebay i think is selling the NX kit for 470 shipped. he actually emailed me his website address

ti chuot, i did my springs myself too, and i did them for several other ppl on this site too. if you have the tools, go for it, if ur mechanically inclined, you can't mess up...hahaha it's like screwing in a light bulb, it only goes in one way... grin

you don't need many tools, here's the list of wat i use:

hydraulic jack
jack stands (for safety)
spring compressor(the real one you mount on a wall) or kragen has the mini ones that also work wink
socket wrench w/ 19mm, 17mm, 15mm(i think, there are more too)
impact gun and air compressor(most ppl don't have it)
and a good brain

and viola!! ur done thumbsup some of the walkthrough's online are pretty helpful, but just don't show enough pictures.

oh yea btw, if you have no way of getting a spring compressor, don't do it. i've heard that when the spring shoots out it can go through 2 ft of concrete...well have fun spineyes

how much for a spring compressor? if that spring shoot out and hit me, wouldn't that be fun grin haha. BTW TRDEez Nut, how many time have you use it? and is your car still running find? or kinda messed up?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by Ti Chuot:
how much for a spring compressor? if that spring shoot out and hit me, wouldn't that be fun grin haha. BTW TRDEez Nut, how many time have you use it? and is your car still running find? or kinda messed up?
I borrowed one from a friend. But spring compressors are about $10-$15 each. I've used the bottle several times. the cars running fine. In fact, after the first couple of pulls on N2O, it felt like my car was actually running better...not sure why though. I recommend you use it just above 3k RPMs (at WOT) for no more than for 10sec each spray.

Hope that helps

Did you guys get shocks with your springs... if so could you tell me what setup you have?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by RunCelica:
Did you guys get shocks with your springs... if so could you tell me what setup you have?
Skunk2 Coilovers...and Koni Yellows

trd springs and koni yellow adjustables thumbsup

danggg [Mad] no where near the 60 - 100 mark!!! 180 is the lowest i can find [Mad] and i'm definitely gonna put NOS in my celi. do you think it's wise to put NOS in a auto celi?? give me an opinion grin

Eugic92 i still need to get w/ you on that 5" tach installing information thumbsup

i really want to install my springs since i probably won't get a body kit (no money). Kragen (who's that) and does anyone know how much for a spring compressor??
Eugic you seem to know grin . thanks ppl thumbsup

ti chuot, i've never rented a compressor. you can go into a local auto shop and ask them if they rent out spring compressors. if you can find a place to rent them, i'll go over the install with you step by step via email or aim.